What was your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When my PT noticed my newfound upper arm definition and asked if I had "cleaned up my diet."

ETA: That was this morning.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I cut my eating off at least 4 hours before bed all last week. Wohoo!
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was buttoning my pants - I had the button and the button hole in a death grip. With all my strength, I shoved them towards each other ready for the suck - latch - breathe technique but to my surprise they overshot each other by an inch or so. Nice. :smokin:
  • jhyer1973
    jhyer1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually had to add 2 notches to my belt today!
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My favorite sweater zipped right up without having to stretch to reach. It fits perfectly right now! Earlier this year it was too tight. Also, a pair of my pants was really tight on my calves, and it is feeling more loose there now. Small things, but feels great!!
  • missbutton82
    missbutton82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I went to Old Navy during my lunchbreak to look around.. grabbed a pair of boyfriend cut jeans in sizes 14 and 12.. I figured the 12 would be too tight but wanted to see how far I was from wearing them and to my disbelief, they fit me perfectly!!! I didn't buy them LOL but it was amazing to see I could wear a 12 without any hesitation!
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My slightly tight jeans are not tight anymore. I sat all day without the desire to unbutton...
  • vancitychic
    vancitychic Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    went for a walk around the seawall in a skirt and crop top! didn't have any chub rub and felt freaking awesome =D
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I had to tighten the strap on my watch, it was sliding around under my wrist it was so loose :-)
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    Options
    Last night I did 20 pushups in a row! And not lady pushups, full on up-on-the-toes pushups! That beats my personal best by eight! In all last night, I did more than 60, but slowly worked my way up to doing 20 in a row. Those last 20 weren’t all perfect form, but I’m pretty excited about it. Watching American Ninja Warrior got me all pumped up apparently. Haha.
  • change_4life
    change_4life Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    NSV 1. Last night I went to my first spinning class ever at the gym. It was hard but I made it through the entire class.

NSV 2.After the class when I was walking back through the gym some girls that I knew from my apartment complex saw me and stopped me to ask me what I had been doing they could tell I had lost weight and looked good. It really felt good because I've been one of those people who notices someone else's weight loss and wonder how they do it and wishes that it could be me, now it is me!
  • salgal33
    salgal33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Taking my shirt off to get in the shower and caught a glance in the mirror with my arms up. I could see the outline of all my ribs!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Test week for weights this week - yesterday was squats. PR'd 1 x 135 lbs.
    Getting faster running - PR'd 3 miles, avg. split pace: 9:33 min/mi.
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Realized I'm "this close" to my thighs no longer rubbing together. (Before the MFP meanies pounce on me, this is a comfort thing, not vanity)

I can't wait until I'm at this stage and can wear a dress comfortably! Good on you! In the meantime, baby powder or body glide. That or I wear leggings with everything.

^^ This!! Ha I bought shapewear that ends just above my kness just so that my thighs wouldn't rub uncomfortably in all of my work dresses. Seriously can't wait until that's no longer an issue!
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am now the proud owner of two plate - 225lb - squats for 3 x 5 at 167lbs body weight.
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Running 3.5 miles and knowing that when I enter a 5k, I will be able to run the entire thing!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I did 3.25 miles tonight and my average pace was under 15 minutes per mile!

Considering I just started back up 2 weeks ago, and we're currently blanketed in a layer of smoke from fires in California ... I'm pretty pleased with myself. :drinker:
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    this is only a minor thing but im still a smidge pleased

I brought these skinny jeans a few months ago...they were really marked down I think they were once $45 and they were now on sale for like $10-$12 and I tried them on in the fitting room and they juuuuuuuust fit, like if I sucked it in stood up straight I could just do the button up, and they were skin tight, really really skin tight like you could basically see the dimples in my thighs kind of tight.
    I was not going to get them for the obvious reasons, but this little voice in my head said "Oh but they're such a bargain! youre dieting/exercising buy them now and you'll fit in to them soon!" (we've all thought that before right? :laugh: )
    But whatever I caved and I brought them....then thought well that was pointless they were so uncomfortable to wear they got thrown into the back of the wardrobe and forgotten about

Until now! :smile:
    tonight I was rearranging my wardrobe and getting rid of some of the clothes I no longer wear and I cam across the "they'll fit me one day jeans and tried them on"

29ntahk.jpg

in the first pic I couldn't really sit down in them they cut in to me that much and you can see how skin tight they are, in the second pic its a bit hard to see but they're actually fitting me perfectly, im sitting at my desk wearing them now :happy:

It's a small victory perhaps its hard to really pic up in the pics but its kind of made my night :D
  • DragonfliesOnWings
    Options
    I bought 2 pairs of size 12 jeans and they fit great. I haven't worn size 12 for 3 years. I also ran my first ever 10 k on Saturday. I had told myself I would finish it within an hour and a half. I finished at 1:24.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I bought size 6 jeans, a year ago I was in 18's. And I realized that I needed to tighen the waist strap on my baby carrier. I did progress pictures yesterday, and seeing myself nearing my goal maybe me feel so incredible
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!