I work out with my boyfriend

Options
13»

Replies

• jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Another relationship thread? Just break up.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Another relationship thread? Just break up.

but I can't quit you.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    :laugh: If you stay together you will end up hating each other anyway. You won't continue to work out together.

The world is a twisted place, kid.

42557.gif
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, are you his shadow or something? Why you so attached? Do what you want. Unless you don't know what you want, in which case keep doing whatever he does. Seems like that's working out for you.

love-toilet.jpg
    u jelly?
  • KatJ_NZ
    KatJ_NZ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Honestly? If you can't lift the "manly" weights you are no use to him as a spotter anyway. Find a way to make those 40 minutes useful *to you*.

The other posters have some great suggestions. My two cents worth is that you should talk to a trainer at your gym, and ask them to write you up a couple of workouts that you can fit into 40 minutes. I go to the gym with my husband, and we go our separate ways then meet up again at the exit - then we're both happiest and healthiest! :flowerforyou:
  • amessam8
    amessam8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Honestly? If you can't lift the "manly" weights you are no use to him as a spotter anyway. Find a way to make those 40 minutes useful *to you*.

This.

Also, are there financial or logistical (only one car) reasons why you must go to the gym together? There is a book called "New Rules for Lifting for Women" that (I've heard) has great advice for lifting. Maybe you should check it out from your local library and follow it so that your time at the gym can be more productive.
  • Hachiko89
    Hachiko89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Use the time that you're helping him to recover, and then once he leaves to go to work, stay at the gym and carry on your workout. Then you can spend longer at the gym!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Use the time that you're helping him to recover, and then once he leaves to go to work, stay at the gym and carry on your workout. Then you can spend longer at the gym!

That doesn't sound very efficient. She doesn't need 20 minutes or so to recover from 15 minutes on the treadmill. And why would he get to go first? Is his time more valuable.

OP needs to find her own routine and go do it.