I need a HEALTHY recipe for center cut pork chops

Options

Replies

• KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I fry apples and onions with a tiny bit of olive oil til brown. Remove apples and onion. Then add seasoned chops to the pan to brown on both sides, added back the apples and about a cup of white wine and simmered until done. They were very juicy and moist.

this sounds yummy... pork and apple what a combo....
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing to do, but only works well if you have cast iron or another oven safe skillet.

Preheat oven to 350

Preheat skillet as hot as your stove will get it. No oil necessary, the chops should be juicy enough to conduct the heat and get a good sear.

Sear chops on the first side, about 1.5 minutes.
    Flip and after 30 seconds, move skillet to the oven.

Bake for 20 minutes. Chops will be very juicy.

If you want to season them, you can do that before searing the chops.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I love chops.. I take center cut chops dip them in egg wash and then into seasoned bread crumbs. Fry them in a little bit of oil and finish them off in the oven. Talk about delish!
  • tamararivera1177
    Options
    Making some today. Trying to find a good recipe
    62431053.png
  • tamararivera1177
    Options
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    baked with some Cajun seasoning

29509743.png
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i mix mustard, a little red wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, a little honey (all to taste), sage, dried diced onion, garlic powder, and pepper together with enough olive oil to make the whole mess brushable. season the meat with kosher salt and black pepper, and cover the chops in the marinade for about half an hour or so. at that point, you can either sear them on the stove and then bake, or just bake surrounded by chopped onions and sliced mushrooms.

i think when your husband said "fry them", he meant to cook them on the stove so they get a good seared crust on them. i don't think he meant dunking them in a deep fryer :smile:.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    This is a family favorite at my house, baked breaded with peaches and a peach glaze. Don't let the name of the website throw you off, I got it from facebook, and found it here using Google:

http://www.shugarysweets.com/2011/06/breaded-pork-chops-with-peach-glaze
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    We brown first, put in large baking dish , cover with cream of mushroom soup.. Do not dilute... Just smear on.. Make stove top stuffing as directions tell you.. Then put stuffing on top, cover with foil and bake 350 till done... Complete meal just add a veggie. I sometimes dice an apple in also below the dressing...
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Season them and saute them in a little olive oil. The olive oil is good for you in small amounts, and you can season them pretty much any way you want.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite pork chop recipe... LOVE IT. I usually serve w mashed potatoes.

http://therecipecritic.com/2013/06/brown-sugar-glazed-pork-chops/

I'm not sure how you are defining "healthy" per say, but that recipe generally fits fine into my calories/macros for the day personally.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, so many options. Grilled, baked or pan seered would be my personal favority. Roast them in the oven with some sweet potatoes or carrots (I love orange vegetables w pork).

For me, breading and frying is a way to mask the flavor and make things like oysters or okra that don't taste good edible. Pork chops are delicious. I would never bread and fry a pork chop.

If you are not opposed to processed boxed foods, here is a recipe my husband loves - take a box of Stove Top stuffing mix and prepare as directed with just a little extra water. Mix in sauteeed chopped peppers, onions, celery and carrots, plus some cooked white quinoa (about half as much as the stuffing). Brown the pork chops, but don't fully cook them. Put the chops and stuffing in a large baking pan and bake on med-high heat until the chops are done and everything is nicely browned.

Or you could make your own stuffing, but I rarely take the time to do that.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Just had to chuckle because when I clicked on this thread an ad for Hebrew National hot dogs popped up. Kind of the opposite of pork chops. Oy vey!
  • gotonenerveleft
    gotonenerveleft Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Tyler Florence"s smothered pork chops are wonderful. My husbands all time favorite and he's picky. Don't know the calories but think they can be tweaked to make the numbers better. I think a bit of buttermilk is the biggest culprit and I know you can find it fat-free.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    ooh i'm trying this!!!
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Season with garlic salt and lime juice, let that sit for about 30 minutes. Then grill and serve with corn tortillas and salsa verde (or your favorite salsa). Yum!
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like to season mine with salt/pepper/ground thyme & quickly brown in a skillet over high heat, then place in a baking dish (this could be done w/ nonstick spray & a few drops of oil). In the same skillet after browning, I add about a half chopped onion (scraping up bits from chops) over med-low heat until it starts softening, 1-2 cloves chopped garlic & then about 1/4-1/2 cup of madiera wine. Let that reduce til it gets syrupy & add a can of chicken broth. Season it with italian seasoning & bring to a boil. Once boiling, carefully pour over chops in baking dish & cover with foil. Put in a 375f oven for 45-60min until tender. Remove chop from liquid & thicken liquid to make gravy, or reduce in the skillet for pan sauce.

Adding cooked mushrooms to the gravy is very good as well. I cook these in the skillet once the chops are in the oven, no need to rinse the pan between steps.

I also love chops rubbed w/ bbq rub & quickly seared on a super-hot grill, then brushed w/ BBQ sauce & quickly caramelized.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    My alltime favorite pork chop recipe is:

1 can pineapple rings
    1/2 c. soy sauce
    1/2 c. brown sugar

Mix the juice from the pineapple rings, the soy sauce and brown sugar in a large ziploc bag, and marinate pork chops overnight. Grill on each side until cooked through. When they're almost done, throw the pineapple rings on the grill and cook them until they're warm and have grill marks on each side.

NOM NOM NOM.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bump

yum !