When you go to GYM in the morning or in the evening

Options
124»

Replies

• b218w
    b218w Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a sleep study for insomnia, so I've been bombarded with a ton of information to look into. Exercise is just one of the topics. According to sleep medicine, the best time to exercise is at the start of your day. This is because working out increases your body temperature and it takes your body like 4-6 hours to regulate itself. If you're someone who has trouble sleeping, you may want to try getting your workout done earlier in the day.

they must be talking about me....cant work out in the evening because i cant sleep for at least 4 hours after.....early morning for me!gives me energy for the day....
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Morning for me 5:30 or 6am during the week, sometime between 7 and 9 on weekends. If I work out in the evening I have a hard time getting to sleep and don't sleep well.
  • Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    On work days, I go in the evening. On weekends it varies, but it tends to be mid-day before I can get out of the house. I've thought about switching to going before work, but I have narcolepsy and just CAN'T get out of bed until it is absolutely necessary. ;)
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Evening and then I come home and eat dinner
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, but on weekdays I start at 5.15am to get it done before work, and on the weekend I'll exercise as soon as I wake up ... usually around 7-7.30am. I prefer doing it this way as I can always find excuses later in the day, especially because I'm usually tired after a 90 minute commute each way and a long day at work inbetween. There's no way anything can happen to derail me if I get it done before my day has properly started! :)

That said, I do usually go for a walk in my lunchbreak (a couple of miles) and I also walk 2 miles in each direction between my house and the station. I try to fit in 20 mins of tabata style bodyweight circuits when I get home from work in the evening three times a week (usually done while waiting for dinner to cook!) ... so I guess I really exercise at all times of the day, but my 'main' workout is first thing in the morning! ;-)
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am in the early morning camp ... if I wait until after work, I get grumpy because I am tired and "JUST DON'T WANNA!" *insert whining here*

I get up at 5:00 a.m., drink my cup of iced coffee to wake up the old body (it warms the muscles as I do cardio) and by 5:30 a.m., I am in the gym doing my cardio for 30 minutes followed by 30 minutes of weight training. I am weird in that I have to get my cardio on first before I can even think about weights, even if my weight training goal for the day is the legs.

I am in the showers by 6:45 a.m. at home and ready for work at 8:00 a.m. I stay energized and awake for the entire day, even marching in place by my desk several times a day to ensure I meet my 10,000 step goal.
  • PrairieRunner2015
    PrairieRunner2015 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I try to go to they gym at around 2 or 3 pm. The gym is fairly empty as the lunch time crowd has left, I can find a parking spot instead of parking a 1/4 mile or more away, I can find a locker, and people who normally use the gym in the evening are arriving just as I am leaving.