Do you remember where you were on 9/11/01?

Options
NessaReh85
NessaReh85 Posts: 140 Member
I was sitting in History class when we all got the news. I had a classmate that her brother was to be at the towers that day! He called the school to let her know that he was ok.

Do you remember what you were doing or where you were on this day 13 years ago?

Replies

• Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I remember exactly where I was like it was yesterday!!!

Working in the office when the news came through...no one could believe it!

The office has long since been knocked down and turned into a bus station........

:frown:
  • troublemaker47
    Options
    I was watching the Today show and saw the second plane hit
  • alijoanxo
    alijoanxo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I was in 4th grade, I remember sitting in the classroom, and the principal came on the intercom telling the teachers to turn on their televisions. I was only 9 at the time, so the whole situation was a little overwhelming and too much to take in, more than I could understand. But it's something that I will never forget.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I was in basic combat training for the United States Army.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Yes, i was in my science class and the teacher had the television on and I remember a lot of the students didn't know what was going on, some parents were picking up their kids,some were calling relatives in NY, and it was just shock, no one could believe the horrible things we were hearing on the news. so sad!
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    lying in a hospital bed having just had the snip.
  • mrsbadkarma
    mrsbadkarma Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was at home with my two very young sons at the time, watching TV while they played. Saw the second plane hit, then went to my mom's for the rest of the day. Watched the news all day and most of the night.
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was in my 6th grade history class. Such a sad day.
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    Options
    I was in kindergarten or first grade I can't remember, and they all took us to the library and tried to tell us what had happened. I don't know about the other children, but I had no idea what she was talking about and I was wayyyy too young to grasp the severity of the situation. :frown: I soon came home to see my grandma crying on the couch watching the news on TV, and started to understand.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I was in 4th grade, I remember sitting in the classroom, and the principal came on the intercom telling the teachers to turn on their televisions. I was only 9 at the time, so the whole situation was a little overwhelming and too much to take in, more than I could understand. But it's something that I will never forget.

wow, I feel old now. I was in 10th grade at the time.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I was in 7th grade. I walked into the cafeteria and the TV was on. At first I had no idea what was going on, but as the period went on I started to understand. We didn't have normal classes for the rest of the day. I still get shaken up thinking about it.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I was at work when I heard that one of the planes had been hijacked and turned on the news to see the 2nd plane hit. We watched it the rest of the day and didnt get much work done.
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    Options
    Just got back to my friend's house from a walk and we turned the TV on just in time to see the second plane hit
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I was travelling for work and turned on the news channel while I was getting dressed in the morning...they were reporting about the first plane and I continued to watch, then the second plane hit. I never watch the news in the morning. Don;t know why I turned it on that day. Was tough for anyone to sit through the training were on that day. Kept running out to the hotel lounge to catch news updates.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    4TH GRADE. MATH CLASS. MRS. DEMESA'S CLASS LOL
  • HarleyQuinn26
    HarleyQuinn26 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was in English class my freshman year of High School. The teacher brought a TV in from another class and we watched it the whole class period.

We sat there in shock.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I was at work and one of my colleagues rang up to say she was ok, which I thought was weird... turned on the news and gathered why... saw the second plane hit and thought it looked like a two seater plane... very strange and eary day...
  • Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was off work that day and a friend called and his exact words were "America's being attacked". He was always a jokester so I pretty much hung up on him. Then reality hit when I turned on the tv.......
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was on my way to work and heard it on the radio. When I arrived at work we watched it on the TV all day. I don't think it sunk in that day. May we all remember who was lost and may we be smarter to not let it happen again #teamusa
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to copy/paste my reply to the other 9/11 thread:

I was living in Washington State at the time. I had mixed up my work schedule, and thought I had to be in for the 5:30am shift, otherwise I would have slept through the whole thing. I came home from work, but I had to go back in a few hours for my actual shift. I turned on the TV about 5 mins after the first plane hit. I spent the next 3 hours glued to the TV until I had to go to work, holding my daughter next to me the entire time (she was almost 1). I just didn't want to let her go. Everyone at work spent most of the day watching the news and checking the internet for updates.

I was living in Bremerton, WA, which is home to one naval base, and there was another naval base about 30 mins away (Bangor). I could see the base from my apartment balcony. Everyone was worried that any military base could be a possible attack point, so they were all mobilized. Within 24 hours, all of the carriers stationed in Bremerton were out patrolling the Puget Sound. It was comforting and terrifying at the same time. I was so used to seeing them all lined up and docked, and not out actually patrolling