I really like beer

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I drink real beer too. Big beer. I make it fit. I'm not going to deal with drinking crappy beer because it's lower in calories. Why? Because I like flavor.

No issues here. Just polished off a bottle of Barrel Aged Sexual Chocolate. Good times.

Listen to that guy...he's lost 153 lbs drinking the beerz.

And I've lost 50...so...You can still have your cake and eat it too...
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I love craft beer. Alot. I have made a rule though. I only drink if I have exercised that day and if it fits into my calorie limits. I burn about 400 calories on my average work out which usually allows me 2 good beers if I want them. Sadly, I drank a dogfish head Midas Touch on Tuesday. It's one of their ancient ales and has barley wine mixed in. A different taste but so yummy. A 12 oz bottle was 307 calories. I almost peed my pants. Now I check calories first.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Fellow fan of quality brew here. Also a homebrewer. It is a rare day that does not include one beer before it ends.
  • feydevilwoman
    feydevilwoman Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mmmm; beer...:drinker:
  • ColoradoGrl
    ColoradoGrl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I stick with Michelo Ultra (though I too prefer a good craft beer), since it is both low calorie and low carb (and my diet success depends on keeping carbs under 70 grams). I pre-plan for it and usually likewise plan for a light high protein snack (e.g., few small cubes of cheddar cheese) to go with it to make sure I don't start eating indiscriminately. Most days I don't have anything, but he occasional beer or small glass of Cabernet makes for a much happier week. (wink)
  • mandez19
    Options
    HA, it's not just he beer, it's the food that goes with it before, during and after... I just do my best during the week knowing I'm going over on the weekend.

On Halloween just take a few shots to minimize calories?
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If it's a special occasion you want to drink for (Halloween, birthday, etc), I wouldn't really worry about it. Try to make good food choices that day and drink up.

Generally speaking, I'm aiming for alcohol only once a week. Even if I hit my calorie goals with beer or wine in there, too many days of it seems to keep me from losing.
  • rightaboutmeow
    rightaboutmeow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone here. I love beer and fireball whiskey and I wouldn't think of giving it up as a "sustainable" lifestyle.

Sure, I know it's not nutrient dense nor is it necessarily helping me lose weight haha but some days I need a little rest and relaxation and a nice cold beer is the ticket.

I just log it ( and log it honestly) and go about life.

:)
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Ah, hell, I love beer! Most of the beers I lurv are not exactly low in calories either. Screw it, life is too short. I drink pretty much every day - in moderation (well, not in moderation every day, but let's go with that story) - and it seems to work. Fit it in your calories and macros. Some of my current choices: Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Bell's Two Hearted, and Goose Island IPA.

Just made a clone of Bell's Two Hearted and it was glorious!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Limited yourself to a once a month treat?

lol.

Once a month?!?!

Hell no.

I love beer. I have beer. I log beer. I don't normally drink a lot of it during the week because I also like eating, but weekends are fair game. And I do not drink bad beer; what a sad pathetic waste of hops and calories.

I'm going to a few taprooms this weekend, now that you mention it :)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I never gave up beer and lost over 100#, That being said, I reduced my intake and try to only drink one day a week. This plan doesn't always work, as events come up and I want a beer. Summer is always harder for me, so I am trying to get back to the one day a week thing right now.
  • rjber
    Options
    I really love beer----It is my drink of choice, although I'm a wine fan too. I try to stick some lighter beers in there but it always seems to turn into a nice IPA or Pale Ale. I live in Seattle, after all, micro-brew central along with my friends in Portland. This nice hot summer has prompted me to buy good beer more often; it just makes sitting in the sun perfect. I fit in the calories. I've been doing primarily higher protein/lower carbs, no white, dairy, processed sugar (except for the sugar in beer, of course!), exercise, all of the things we know we should do (usually). Seems to still be working. Gotta keep the things we enjoy if it's going to be a lifestyle choice. And it is Friday....
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    i love the hops as well :( I just gave it up during the week for the most part If I'm out to eat I have to get beer - my favorite is draft beer (as long as it's good i will always skip beer if all they have is just american lagers / bud light etc)

i love ipa's like crazier - the hoppier the better
    it's one thing i will never give up haha
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I fit it into my calorie count and drink regularly (at least once a week). I hit my macros most days so I'm fine if I fall a bit short once a week. Beer is good. And I drink it.
  • Arcaenah
    Arcaenah Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had almost a bottle of Pinot the other night. Won't jappen again so soon, but I'm a social drinker too. Anyways beer isn't too caloric
  • mjean1229
    mjean1229 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lets face it, in a perfect world beer would have no calories, and no carbs. But, it does. So as long as I stay on track during the week, damned straight I'll enjoy beer on a Friday and/or Saturday! Cheers!
  • cursumxperficio
    Options
    Make space for it in your weekly calories. Why not indulge once a week?

I luuurve Tom Collins drinks and make sure that I have enough calories left for one or two come Saturday (weigh-in in the morning, alcohol in the evening).
  • jabarih
    jabarih Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I end up drinking beer over the weekend on the golf course and it shows by Monday's weigh-in. I haven't learned how to overcome this issue so I am looking at the posts for good advice as well. Thanx MFP!
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Isn't that what exercise calories are for? :drinker:
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    People will tell you not to eat back exercise calories. I've never heard not to drink them back.

youwintheinternet.jpeg