FRIDAY NSV - post yours below!

Options

Replies

• afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    A work collegue said to my husband today what he is doing to me, because I am getting less and less.
    He joked that he doesn't give me any money to buy food, but I could see that he was actually more proud in that moment than I was :bigsmile: and I was pretty proud
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I got an Orioles shirt at the store last week and decided to take a flyer on buying a large, instead of an extra large. I wore it for the first time today- it looks GREAT and I feel awesome in it. :D
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Well, it's my birthday (for another hour and a half) and I realized I'm the smallest and healthiest I've ever been in my adult life! (I'm 25!) it feels amazing!
  • sarahwinder78
    sarahwinder78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread! Everyone's NSVs are so inspiring!

I ran 2.5 miles today without stopping once. (Yes, it was a slow pace, but still, I ran the whole time!) For me, this is big - I couldn't even run a quarter mile non-stop when I started my weight loss/fitness journey.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Wonderful thread!

I had a big SV this morning and that was awesome, but also some great NSV's. The biggest is just generally feeling smaller and lighter and having more energy (burning fuel efficiently and/or having less to carry around). I also had a big cooking breakthrough when I spent a few hours making a delicious meal that ended up being quite low in calories. I've never been a light cooker before and have always leaned toward the red meat/butter/bacon camp. I thoroughly enjoyed my veggie-full, lower fat, fresh spa dinner though:)
  • deliacm
    deliacm Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My neighbor asked if I had surgery as I'd lost weight so quickly. I replied, no, I got a treadmill...lol She told me I looked fabulous and my husband agreed.

I also fit into a size 16 jeans again this week after having them sitting in my closet for the past 8 years. I started this journey in March at a VERY tight 24.

Yay me!
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My NSV was doing a DDP yoga workout with my DH and being able to stand up from being down on one knee without putting my hands to the floor. Also, after the workout, I was able to sit on the floor unsupported for several minutes without feeling pain in my legs or back (I haven't been able to do that for the past decade).
  • iamladygusta
    Options
    I didn't eat that peanut butter cream filled long John today because I couldn't find nutritional information. It was staring me in the face all day. Tomorrow I plan on finding a small donut with values so I can satisfy my craving. Normally I would have scarfed down 3!!
  • DanielleAThomas
    Options
    I hopped on the scales today and have lost 10% of the weight I was :smile: And I am 3/10th of where I want to be. And its only been two months. And I am able to walk briskly for 45-50 minutes, without complaining about how much my knees, shins and heels hurt. In fact I actually really enjoy it now. Going in the right direction health wise now, gotta love that! :happy:
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I've had a great week of NSV's!!! This week two clients remarked how "small" I look. Small? Me?!!!! I also worked with my boss this week. I don't work with her often but she's known of my "get healthy" campaign since I started last October. She looked at me and just said..."God, you look good!" I felt so proud and good about what I have accomplished!
  • madisonamanda
    madisonamanda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I took a chance and ordered a size 9 jean online from Khols... package arrived yesterday...and.... They fit PERFECTLY!!! I've never worn a size nine. I've never worn anything smaller than an 11 (and at one point I was a 16!)

:D

And congrats to everyone else, exciting changes all around!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    my NSV this week is managing a set of 10 full push ups. got to say i was happy with that. :happy:
  • KalinaGetsFit
    Options
    I know that this is for friday and I am posting on a saturday, but my NSV happened on friday so I guess this still counts :p
    I went to use the little gym at my work for the first time and have never really ran (and if I did, it wasn't for more than a couple seconds chasing my baby girl around!)
    Well yesterday I cranked the speed and inclination and ran for 3 minutes straight which to me is a big victory! hoping to progress. Every added second counts :)
  • drmartz55
    drmartz55 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of size 4 jeans one year ago hoping to one day fit into them, and even though I hadn't lost much weight during this year, the exercise/healthy eating has paid off- I tried on the jeans yesterday & they actually fit! Never in my life would of imagined being able to do this. Totally surprised and happy.:laugh:
  • arrielle10
    Options
    I have more energy.
    I feel more confident
    I looked like "people of Walmart" while grocery shopping yesterday because my jeans kept sliding down my *kitten* (they fit last month)
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Got told by my fiance that I should move from the slow swimming lane to the medium swimming lane. Ignored him because, obviously, people in that lane are way faster and then noticed the staff putting up a sign on my lane saying that swimmers should move to the right lane for their ability. Whoops! And yeyy! It's not that I was being ignorant, I just didn't see myself as being that fast as everyone normally overtakes me. A weird NSV but one nonetheless!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,241 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I ate like a pig on my holiday, but now I am back I am back on track and not blowing it. Previously I would have said What The Heck and just carried on, but this time I am getting back into harness. I will crack this!
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    On Week 7 of C25K shaping into runner's legs :)
  • Jessica11221
    Jessica11221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We went shopping this morning and my overly critical grandma was walking behind me and said, "Wow you can tell you're losing weight". Lets just say this is huge to hear her say something positive so I am pumped!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!