Do you remember where you were on 9/11/01?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• APU1972
    APU1972 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was at work dealing with the day to day tasks, when my mother rung me to say find a TV (by luck we had one in the conference room).

First thoughts were for the poor innocent people in the towers and the surrounding area and the rescue services.

Second thought (a very english one) was how the so called mighty were taught a lesson.

Pity not alot has changed since.

I think it is our generation 'Kennedy moment'
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    i just want to say something

SEP 11 WAS BAD, AND A MARK IN HISTORY. A LOT OF PEOPLE DIED AND FAMILES SUFFERED.

however; america makes things such a big deal. DO YOU GUYS KNOW THAT THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPENS ALL OVER THE WORLD. PEOPLE DIE EVERY SINGLE DAY WITH THINGS LIKE THIS. SO IF 9/11 WERE TO HAPPEN IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY THEY WOULDNT HAVE MADE IT AS BIG A DEAL AS THE AMERICANS.

i find it funny because americans are willing to go to war with other countries and **** up their land, but when a minor thing happens to them they all freak out. i guess that is karma.

and yes i am an american born girl but i do not agree with how our people think most times.

thanks.

Aren't you late for your ISIS meeting?

no hun thats your people :wink: gfus
  • xalee12
    xalee12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Curtis i hope that meemo88 is trolling and not actually this stupid.
  • kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    College in class, Political Science, will never forget.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I was watching the news in my kitchen while eating a poptart before school. I saw the second plane hit. Then when I got to school we watch new broadcasts for an hour or so.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    In school, I was in like second grade, and people kept sending their kids home early, they were not allowed to tell us what was going on.
  • catygirl_33
    catygirl_33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was at work listening to the radio morning show and thought they were joking and being silly then I was like hold on. So I turned on the TV and thought it was a movie or something. I peeked out the door and young lady down the hall asked me to come in her room. We both sat in her room watching the TV in disbelief ...
  • sandicliff7
    Options
    I was standing in my apartment living room watching the events happening. My husband saw the news and showed it to me before he went to work. It was shocking and sad, and I marveled that such a thing could happen in the USA. It was a very sad event and my husband and I make an effort to watch 9/11 videos each year to honor and remember what happened that day. It was very shocking and sad, and my husband felt the pain of it at the time. He says they brought out a TV at work so you could keep up on the events throughout the next week. For myself, the tragedy of it didn't hit me in its full strength until later, as we were dealing with a the impending birth of a baby with medical issues. (We were dealing with a personal tragedy and heartache, BTW, our daughter is doing great after much trial/lots of medical stuff.) That tended to absorb me at the time. However, I did avidly watch the events on the news and celebrated with the world when our soldiers conquered/won their way into Iraq in less than a month! Of course, the war on terror has lasted much longer. I think the sadness hit me a bit later, the following year when we watched and remembered. I am sad for the people and the families and friends who lost loved ones, or were injured in those events. We are proud of the heroes who went to help, firefighter/police/people. Also the people on plane that crashed after the passengers fought back! I think that it is very ironic that the terrorists hit the world trade center. They managed to make an enemy of not only the USA, but the world! Go figure. I am proud of how the leaders of our country and around the world united to fight against terror, and the world is a better place for it! Its great that they also rebuilt the site and honor those events. These are my thoughts this year as I review the videos of 9/11. Thanks for an opportunity to share my thoughts!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    In the school library during my prep period, grading papers. It was the beginning of the school day and the librarian turned the news on. :frown:
  • Kimmer03
    Kimmer03 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was starting my Junior year in college at Carroll College in Helena, MT. I was asleep and got a phone call on my dorm phone from my Japanese friend Ai. She called and said "terrorists are attacking the World Trade Center! Its on the TV!" and I thought she was being silly and I asked her, "what movie are you watching?" She told me to come to her off-campus apartment so I drove to her house. I passed the Federal Reserve Bank and police were setting up a concrete barrier and were wearing riot gear. When I arrived at her house we watched from her roommate's bed as the second tower was hit.

Later that day, in one of my classes, my professor asked us to bow our heads and "think positive thoughts, pray if we like, or send positive energy" to a classmate who's sister was a flight attendant on one of the planes. He did not attend class for the next week.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I was working, RN, in the hospital. Tried to keep up by going from room to room doing my job. But we all found time to go into the conference room, join hands and say a group prayer for all involved that day.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I was eating breakfast at the table before elementary school and my mom and I were watching it on the news after the first tower was hit, and as we were watching the 2nd plane came. I'll never forget it.
  • RachelStidd
    RachelStidd Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I was sitting on the couch watching the news with my mom... such a disastrous thing, may none of us forget our loved ones and fellow Americans that were taken home that day