Does anyone have the Polar FT7?

Options
2»

Replies

• chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OMG...this thing censored me LOL....the store D-I-C-K-S...geesh sorry wasnt trying to be crude on here hahaha
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I just got one a couple days ago and so far I really like it!!

Question for everyone...
    How often do you use yours?? Do you only use it when doing an actual workout or do you use it for certain normal everyday things too? For example, I went shopping last night and was carrying my 22 lb baby the whole time and trying on a lot of clothes and I had really wished I still had my hrm on so I could see how many cals I was burning during that time.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I have ordered it so I am trying to be patient for its arrival and I am so excited!! I also ordered the 30 day shred and ripped in 30 so I am super excited to start all of it!! :)

I just finished 30DS and the first week of Ripped in 30 - I'd love to hear your results when you're done. I lost 12" and about 7 pounds during the Shred and I'm hoping for more with Ripped.
  • tageekly
    Options
    does it have the zones and calorie burn that you can see?

Yes. It calibrates your fat/fitness burning zones and you can cycle through the screens that show your HR, time of workout and time of day, and calories burned.
  • tageekly
    Options

Question for everyone...
    How often do you use yours?? Do you only use it when doing an actual workout or do you use it for certain normal everyday things too? For example, I went shopping last night and was carrying my 22 lb baby the whole time and trying on a lot of clothes and I had really wished I still had my hrm on so I could see how many cals I was burning during that time.

I only wear mine during actual workouts - the other stuff like cleaning and shopping I figure as part of my activity level in my MFP Goals setting. You could wear it during those other times but it's really meant for exercise.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Question for everyone...

I only wear mine during actual workouts - the other stuff like cleaning and shopping I figure as part of my activity level in my MFP Goals setting. You could wear it during those other times but it's really meant for exercise.

Agreed, you are only supposed to wear it for exercise. However, I guess if you have your activity level set at sedentary and you go rake leaves for 3 hours, that counts as exercise. It is definitely not meant for all day use.

**Edit - And by the way...LOVE mine!
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options

Question for everyone...

Agreed, you are only supposed to wear it for exercise. However, I guess if you have your activity level set at sedentary and you go rake leaves for 3 hours, that counts as exercise. It is definitely not meant for all day use.

**Edit - And by the way...LOVE mine!

Oh yeah, I didn't mean all day use. Just those extra things. My activity level is set to sedentary so I like to log the extra stuff but I don't log things like cleaning or anything that I do daily anyways.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • amberlee08
    amberlee08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ladies, i'm interested in this one but I have small wrists. Anyone have any problems with theirs being too big?
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Ladies, i'm interested in this one but I have small wrists. Anyone have any problems with theirs being too big?

My wrists are pretty small, and I don't have a problem. Love my Polar!
  • clarinh0
    Options
    I do and I love it! It was not expensive and it really does the job!
  • clarinh0
    Options

I have really small wrists but it is not a problem at all as you can adjust it.
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    PetiteLittleFlower Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bumping up a v old post rather than creating my own! Do you set your activity level on the polar? I don't remember doing this with mine
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I dont remember there being a way to set activity level. How long have you ahd it\? recently i've been having some trouble during spin class....it would stop recording my HR for a while :(
  • StephenCogan
    Options
    I recently had to replace both batteries in my watch and wear link coded chest strap couldn't get my watch or chest strap to work initially, by process of elimination I held in the light button on my watch and found this brought the display back and then I was able to see the other features that were available by holding the buttons for a second or two, zone locks screen face changes etc...I had left my chest strap thinking that my watch would automatically pick up the signal again, error on my part as left it until leaving for an insanity class...couldn't get it to work and couldn't find anything on the web or manual telling me how to sync etc...tried the light button again after my class as it had slipped my mind and found that my chest strap and watch seemed to sending and receiving signals again, happy now but could have done with a better memory function of my own prior to the class, hope this helps...Stevie
  • BaranVonCoop
    BaranVonCoop Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Can someone shed some light on how it works? I am considering buying HRM and hear that this one is great. Is it something you strictly wear on your wrist, or do you have to wear a chest strap as well? And I assume you can throw it on when working out and leave it off the rest of the day?

Sorry for the super novice questions.