This is MFP not Facebook

Options

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    OMG... I just read this post about this not being FB but MFP and I'm like soooo OMG

hahahaha.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Maybe this isn't related to anything...however, this is "my fitness pal" and not "my weight loss pal". People are here for ALL kinds of reasons and goals...losing weight, gaining weight and muscle, staying healthy, getting in better shape physically...

However many people ARE here for losing weight, and some of them may be living very solitary lives- not talking about their weight loss to others for fear of failure, or maybe they have pulled away from others because of their weight,and they are looking for someplace just to be themselves and feel comfortable... finding support and acceptance is important to most here I am sure, therefore it IS a social community. I am sorry you are annoyed with someone and I hope that you can find a way to understand and accept the different personalities of the people on MFP.

Spot on, well said.
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Defreind them. Now if you will excuse me I need to go to the bathroom. Problems with the in-laws gives me diarehha(spelling).

:bigsmile:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Defreind them. Now if you will excuse me I need to go to the bathroom. Problems with the in-laws gives me diarehha(spelling).

:bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • shadowofnature
    Options
    Low blood sugar makes you cranky, eat a cupcake!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I can see your point although I think that some of us, I know I was complaining about my husband yesterday, also bring up points that cause stress in our lives. Stress may be a trigger for bingers and by getting it out there it helps to release. They/we get support that we are lacking somewhere else in our lives. If it affects you negatively then I would de-friend them because you do not want to do anything to adversely affect YOUR fitness either.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

She might need 2!
    Low blood sugar makes you cranky, eat a cupcake!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Now, here we are telling her not to make people feel bad, and now we're poking fun at her? That's equally not cool.
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    OMG... I just read this post about this not being FB but MFP and I'm like soooo OMG

This made me burst into giggles.
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options

This made me burst into giggles.

;D

Atleast we're in the "Chit-chat, fun, and games"
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Im sorry I get influenced easily...:embarassed:
    Now, here we are telling her not to make people feel bad, and now we're poking fun at her? That's equally not cool.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    seems like you are bring facebook into mfp as well. I dont want to hear about your problems that dont include weight loss. :p

Hey, yeah. Did anyone else catch the irony here?

Good point Naomi91 :wink:
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Remind me to never mention the "F" word on MFP....EVER!!!!!

p.s. i <3 you all

:o]
  • DoubleO7
    Options
    WOW!!
  • DoubleO7
    Options

I agree.
  • heatherw7
    Options
    Im sorry I get influenced easily...:embarassed:

I kinda feel like she asked for it. Then again, I agree with her somewhat about the bathroom. I really dont want to hear about someone having the squirts! :D

Peer pressure is the devils work.
  • TexasTKD9
    Options
    I use this as a social network as well as a fitness/weight loss guide and help. If it weren't partly a social network there wouldn't be a forum, or an option to add friends, or send messages! It would strictly be a calorie and exercise log!
    This post kind of upsets me because I am an emotional eater and instead of eating I blog, and write about my feelings....which in turn helps my weight loss! The acceptance of others on this site and being able to share stories, tips, etc. with others is a big reason why I joined this site.
    All I can say is that I agree with the others, de-friend them or don't read it! But don't post about it because it makes other people feel bad about posting their feelings. Which they shouldn't because we are all here to support one another.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I love this post. Yes, in a sense it is a social networking site but if you wanna go all extreme besides the blogs then do so just don't have those people as friends. I do not have a facebook and am very sad that the site resembles it so much. I just like to log my foods, reply to posters and look at diaries.
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options
    ...Then again, I agree with her somewhat about the bathroom. I really dont want to hear about someone having the squirts! :D

Hahahahah, wow, glad I've missed THOSE updates!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    You guys all seem to be missing the point. And that is that NO ONE EVER sends me email telling me I look YUMMY. WTH? Get to emailing people. I need this.

;D Looooove MFP for the social stuuuuuuuff!

I would, but the word "Yummy" would just make me more hungrier than I am.
    :wink: