Anyone over 30 with no kids and not married

Options

Replies

• p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mv82eflUQr1rxmc8r.gif

There is nothing awkward about being single with no kids in your 30's .. You should enjoy your freedom while you can ♡
  • dkapplejacks1
    dkapplejacks1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, not married, no kids and quite happy about it. I don't find it socially awkward at all.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    47 not married not interested tbh .. i learned at an early age i didn't want kids and i stuck to my guns.. relationships have come and gone but I'm happy in my life as it is.. relationships are hard work when you have been used to being alone for many years ..

the added expense of kids really puts me off..and theres always an ever changing supply of new babies to croon over if thats your thing .. i'm too selfish for all that stuff but at least i can admit to it..

Never feel uncomfortable in the fact that you are the odd one out .. lol
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm about six months away from 30 and I decided a long time ago that I didn't want kids and I didnt want a marriage. I decided that if I do actually want kids, then I would adopt a kid that's at least about 3 years old. I also had decided that I would make sure the child is bilingual, but that's neither here nor there I guess.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    It may not be awkward...but if you aren't married and don'r have kids I may or may not have exactly nothing to talk to you about.

Having a husband and kids tends to shift one's priorities and interests to the extent that it's hard to even relate with people who don't. Not always, but very often. At least for me. I can't speak for everyone.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I feel that it's only awkward when people have ask, and you can't be honest because of circumstance.

In some ways, this is just as touchy a question as the 'are you pregnant?' question and I don't think it should be asked unless the person brings it up.

But if it's a personal choice? No, not awkward.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    29, unmarried, no plans on having kids or being married. It's just me tho', to each their own... XD

kids.png
  • odywithaj
    odywithaj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Oatmeal!!!
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    im 31, no kids, no husband. i do want those things, it just hasnt happened. i find the question "what are you waiting for?" a bit silly because you cant force it. im not gonna go marry the next guy i meet and have babies immediately just because im 31. i want it, but if its not meant to happen then i guess it wont.
    Same for me.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    going on 42 end of February, no kids, no marriage plans. Hell i didn't even contemplate a girlfriend until the past year, i never thought i was good enough or good looking enough until someone on here showed me otherwise, still single but atleast there's a chance out there for even the lowest social swans of us out there.

As for age who cares, my brother didn't get married and have kids til he was 38.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My husband was 30, never married and no kids when we met. That was 24 years ago. When it's meant to happen, it will. We never had children together, but he raised my son from the time he was 2 1/2 and was his only real father. Not everyone wants to have kids, and I can totally understand that.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    30, single and no children .. I'm with you OP. It will happen when the time's right. No need to rush and I'm honestly happy I didn't marry at a younger age. I'm not sure about you, but all my friends that married in their 20's have children and are divorced now - sad. Such a throw away society we live in :(
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm 27. Does that count? Plus my boyfriend has four kids and a vasectomy. I am in constant pain over the realization that I may never have kids/another marriage (I'm part of that sad statistic). Oh well. haha.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    31, not married, and no kids.

i often get the question in a 'you must be doing something wrong' kinda way.

it will come - i'm not in a rush :)
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What an amazing thread! I had no idea there were so many people - especially women - like me out there!

I'm 39, never been married, no kids. I do want to get married someday, but haven't found someone I can't live without yet. Never felt the urge to procreate, although if my partner really wanted children, I'd go for it.

In my 20s and early 30s, I did have a lot of people asking when I was going to get married and have children. My older brother and his wife were keeping the bloodlines going, and when the first few babies were born (they have 10 children now), people would ask when it was my turn. Friends, family, strangers...everyone seemed to have an opinion about my reproductive timeline. I'd just smile and say something noncommittal and proceed with my life. Now when people comment on my childfree state, I tell them there's no need for me to have children - with 12 nieces and nephews, our gene pool is secure!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Is anyone who is over 30 and not married and have no kids yet? I am 29 and I don't have either of those but when people ask thry always say "what are you waiting for"? I just feel like when its meant to happen it will happen and I don't really care about it.

So is it socially akward to be a certain age and not have children?

Live for yourself. Do what you wanna do and what your mind pleases.

You are given one life. Don't spend it by pleasing the world.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    What an amazing thread! I had no idea there were so many people - especially women - like me out there!

I'm 39, never been married, no kids. I do want to get married someday, but haven't found someone I can't live without yet. Never felt the urge to procreate, although if my partner really wanted children, I'd go for it.

In my 20s and early 30s, I did have a lot of people asking when I was going to get married and have children. My older brother and his wife were keeping the bloodlines going, and when the first few babies were born (they have 10 children now), people would ask when it was my turn. Friends, family, strangers...everyone seemed to have an opinion about my reproductive timeline. I'd just smile and say something noncommittal and proceed with my life. Now when people comment on my childfree state, I tell them there's no need for me to have children - with 12 nieces and nephews, our gene pool is secure!

:noway:

TEN KIDS? pray tell how they still have their sanity :smile:
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 27. Does that count? Plus my boyfriend has four kids and a vasectomy. I am in constant pain over the realization that I may never have kids/another marriage (I'm part of that sad statistic). Oh well. haha.

isnt a vasectomy reversible, if he ever changes his mind? :)
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, no kids and will be married soon- though I have NO burning desire whatsoever to rush into having kids. It will probably happen one day, but for now i'm loving childless life.