Anyone over 30 with no kids and not married

Options

Replies

• fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    35, no kids (except my cats), never married, and going strong!
    I'm financially stable, have a nice place, a good career, and plenty of friends and family around me.
    I've got my s**t together, and I'm proud of it! :drinker:
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I am 30 with no children and no ring. Is that supposed to be weird or something?
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It may not be awkward...but if you aren't married and don'r have kids I may or may not have exactly nothing to talk to you about.

Having a husband and kids tends to shift one's priorities and interests to the extent that it's hard to even relate with people who don't. Not always, but very often. At least for me. I can't speak for everyone.

Don't you still have interests of your own?
  • Oxxygi
    Oxxygi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    30, divorced, no kids. YAY!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I'm 32. No kids. Not married. And no plans to EVER have kids. I get some SHOCKED looks over that one!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I'm 27. Does that count? Plus my boyfriend has four kids and a vasectomy. I am in constant pain over the realization that I may never have kids/another marriage (I'm part of that sad statistic). Oh well. haha.

isnt a vasectomy reversible, if he ever changes his mind? :)

I've heard that it is, which is why they sometimes encourage the male to get "fixed" versus the female. LOL
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Well over 30, Not Married (or Relationship) and no Kids. Usually happy...
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, no kids, not married, and no boyfriend.

I've never been bothered about having kids so thats not even an issue for me, but I would like to get married some day if I ever meet the right person. Unfortunately, I'm pretty good at picking the *wrong* person so haven't had too much luck on that front so far!! ;-)

I don't find it socially awkward at all. A lot of my friends are single and childless and I have an extremely active and full social life so I can't say that I really spend too much time even thinking about my single spinster status at all! :-P
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, not married and no kids. That's not to say I don't want to get married and have children, it's just that it hasn't happened yet. And, the older I get, the more I realize it might just not be in the cards for me. Somedays, I'm sad. Other days, I'm happy. I will not, however, settle down with anyone just to have these things. I'd rather be alone than with the wrong person, in the wrong situation.

People used to make comments like "I can't wait until you have kids" or "when you have kids....". That's pretty much stopped now. I think they are starting to accept that it might not happen for me.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, no kids, not married, and no boyfriend.

I've never been bothered about having kids so thats not even an issue for me, but I would like to get married some day if I ever meet the right person. Unfortunately, I'm pretty good at picking the *wrong* person so haven't had too much luck on that front so far!! ;-)

I don't find it socially awkward at all. A lot of my friends are single and childless and I have an extremely active and full social life so I can't say that I really spend too much time even thinking about my single spinster status at all! :-P

Haha. Amen!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I am. No one ever asks me that though.
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Didn't marry until I was 38, now have two gorgeous kids. I'm glad I did it that way, my late twenties were some of the best years of my life and would have been entirely different had I settled down and had kids - albeit a different but just as exciting life.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Is anyone who is over 30 and not married and have no kids yet? I am 29 and I don't have either of those but when people ask thry always say "what are you waiting for"? I just feel like when its meant to happen it will happen and I don't really care about it.

So is it socially akward to be a certain age and not have children?

Just turned 49. Not married. No kids. Don't want kids.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    im 31, no kids, no husband. i do want those things, it just hasnt happened. i find the question "what are you waiting for?" a bit silly because you cant force it. im not gonna go marry the next guy i meet and have babies immediately just because im 31. i want it, but if its not meant to happen then i guess it wont.

True. I got married when I was 33. My husband was 38. It was the first marriage for both of us. We have no kids. We did not start trying to conceive until I was 37 and started fertility treatments (with no success) when I was 38. I did not think I wanted kids when I was younger, but you reach a point in your life when I think that maternal instinct just kicks in. Maybe it was because that was when I knew I was able to provide an appropriate environment for them. At any rate, sometimes I wish we had started trying earlier, but we didn't, so it is what it is. I do not feel that my life will be any less worthy because I do not have kids. I still have a wonderful marriage and am very happy.
  • 202685tracy
    202685tracy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and don't have kids. People have finally stopped bugging us and have accepted the fact that we made this choice!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    29, not maried, never wanted kids

It is annoying when people ask when are you getting married or why don't you want kids....blah blah. I am having a great time right now traveling and having a lot of fun doing what I want to do.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    35, soon to be 36. divorced 7 years ago, not interested in kids...

the way i see it, i'd rather get my own stuff straight before i get someone else involved in my mess. and i work 2 jobs, so i don't particularly have time to date anyway. i'm in no hurry.

if anyone says anything to me about it, i just say that i'm responsible for making my life happy and fulfilling. if mr. right comes along, that's great. if not, i'm ok with that too. screw what everyone else thinks.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 with a divorce in my past, single, no kids, would like to have kids before it's too late, have some kind of a backup plan if no guy turns up. It would be nice not to be a single parent, though.

Nobody has pestered me with thoughtless, inappropriate questions yet, but if they did say something like "Why don't you find someone else already?" my reply would be "Feel free to suggest some of your single male friends! They seem to start getting divorced now..."
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I'm divorced, but I got divorced when I was 18, so I'm pissed that I even have to be considered divorced, but I am.

I'm 31 now, and have one kid.

Honestly, I couldn't imagine life without her.

I'd love to re-marry someday and have a bunch of babies and live like a normal person.

In the meantime I'm doing the single-mommy thing, but it is not by choice.

It's because no one wants me. LOL.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I don't find it socially awkward as it seems like a lot of of my friends are also still single and fabulous in their 30's. But, it's getting family awkward....my little brother and I are the last of 13 grandchildren to both get married and have children. Every get together, I'm asked when my boyfriend and I are getting married. I want both, but unfortunately, I don't think it will happen with this one; so I just shrug it off to them and find a way to change the subject quickly. I've always always wanted to be a wife and mother, but the older I'm getting, I'm becoming more satisfied with becoming the coolest aunt in the world and enjoying my 30's!