Anyone over 30 with no kids and not married

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Almost 33, no kids, never married. I had a couple of serious relationships that had no future because of uncontrollable circumstances and a few light hearted ones. I'm not currently looking, but I believe it's something I may want later (probably not the kids part, but who knows). I do imagine myself growing old with someone, though. Again, who knows..I'm happy being single, and will probably be happy wherever the currents takes me.
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 not married and with no kids - live with my partner. I would have liked them but never met the right person at the right time. I found it difficult at first not having them but now I am coming round to the idea and am quite pleased at times I don't have them. It does make you drift from your friends though who, once they have kids, seem to turn into different people and you are judged, as a woman, for not having them. People automatically make assumptions about you. I'm past caring what people think now.
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    29, not married, no children and i'm ok with that... more so now than I ever have been actually... what happens will happen but i've come to find that my life is not defined by the other people in it whether thats a spouse or children or whatever... many of my friends are also not married and don't have children... i'm dating someone but i think family has actually moved past the phase of asking me when i'm going to find someone to settle down with... i've made my own life and it's one i'm proud of and one that those i choose to have in my life are proud of too :)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    At 29, I had a boyfriend, but he lived in Manhattan. I traveled Friday and Monday at least twice a month, and I went out 5 nights a week, sometimes more. I didn't know very many people at all who had kids then. Even the married people didn't have kids. The only person my age who had kids was my sister, and everyone always wondered why she had them so young.

Why rush things? Kids can wait until you're in your mid-30s.
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Just turned 30, don't want kids, not married. Except that's down to an awkward situation where I was engaged and then became not-engaged last year but we're still together. Or together again. Something like that. It's complicated.

Anyway, for me it's pretty damn awkward. But I have friends who are not half as awkward as me about it :wink:

Honestly, it's less awkward if you don't want kids, though. That clock, she ticks.

I second this. However, I do not want kids.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    32 - no kids and not married. Want both of those things but I won't do it with the wrong person. Hence having called off my engagement last year. I believe it will all happen in it's right place and time, as it's meant to be. :)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    At 29, I had a boyfriend, but he lived in Manhattan. I traveled Friday and Monday at least twice a month, and I went out 5 nights a week, sometimes more. I didn't know very many people at all who had kids then. Even the married people didn't have kids. The only person my age who had kids was my sister, and everyone always wondered why she had them so young.

I hope so.

That's why I'm trying to be healthy.

It's very abnormal where I live (in the south, not New York at all! Oklahoma!), but I hear more and more about people having children later in life, and fertility treatments, etc.. etc.. so I'm hopeful that's it's not too late, after all.

I'll be 32 next month, so the clock is ticking, faster than it was ticking before, it seems.
  • _saphyre_
    Options
    I'm also 29 and it pisses me off when people (especially strangers making small talk with me) start in with "what are you waiting for" and when I tell them i don't want kids they call me selfish etc.

I think the notion that you NEED to get married/have kids/buy a house etc is old fashioned.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and have never been married and don't have kids. It's actually really common where I live (San Francisco), so I don't feel weird. The majority of people here either don't have kids or have kids at late ages. I'm open to doing either of those things, but not enough to force it if it's not quite right for me.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    My people!!!!

Still reading through all the replies, but just wanted to say I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    @angelakearn10 Ha, made me laugh out loud!

me2 lol
  • plum64_uk
    plum64_uk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, I'm not (or have never been) married, nor do I have kids. I do however want to marry someone and have loads of kids (kids are awesome!), just not yet. In time it will happen :)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, I'm not (or have never been) married, nor do I have kids. I do however want to marry someone and have loads of kids (kids are awesome!), just not yet. In time it will happen :)

Sometimes, I totally wish I was a dude.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    28, been married a year, and no kids (of my own) - I have a 12-year-old stepdaughter - and really undecided about whether or not I want to have children of my own.

Could someone please explain why anyone would think that someone who doesn't want to have children is selfish? I don't understand.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Could someone please explain why anyone would think that someone who doesn't want to have children is selfish? I don't understand.
    Because someone dares think in a way that doesn't correspond to one's own way of thinking. I'd say it's a narrow world view when everyone needs to conform, but some people seem quite comfortable sitting on their high horses whilst passing judgment on others. It's almost like they've perfected it to an art form already.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

I hope so.

That's why I'm trying to be healthy.

It's very abnormal where I live (in the south, not New York at all! Oklahoma!), but I hear more and more about people having children later in life, and fertility treatments, etc.. etc.. so I'm hopeful that's it's not too late, after all.

I'll be 32 next month, so the clock is ticking, faster than it was ticking before, it seems.

I was 37 with my second. 33 with my first. I live in the South as well, and I'm seeing peers waiting longer. The BF lived in NYC. I just visited there 4 days a week.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, no kids, not married. I hate that people think people who don't want kids are selfish. My boyfriend's ex wanted kids so bad, that was her friggen life goal or something. He didn't really want them but she basically bullied him into wanting them. Luckily they didn't have any together so I don't have to put up with her now. But seriously I think pushing someone who doesn't want kids is way more selfish than not wanting to have them at all. Plus, my kids would be @$$holes, I'm just saving the world from dealing with them. You're welcome.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    29, unmarried, no plans on having kids or being married. It's just me tho', to each their own... XD

kids.png

I've been wanting to travel the world for quite some time. I know most do it in their 20's and get it out of their system, but this is something I want to do for life. I can see myself spending a good decade or two outside of the US. I've found folks online of similar age who are currently living the life I want to live.

Hopefully, next year I'll be out of the US! I want to live in Japan, South Korea, China, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, etc. There are also many states that I want to experience living in, as well.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to travel the world for quite some time. I know most do it in their 20's and get it out of their system, but this is something I want to do for life. I can see myself spending a good decade or two outside of the US. I've found folks online of similar age who are currently living the life I want to live.

Hopefully, next year I'll be out of the US! I want to live in Japan, South Korea, China, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, etc. There are also many states that I want to experience living in, as well.

I would love to be able to travel for life, maybe have a job that requires that of me. I've always disliked staying in one place, gotta see everything I can while I can :) I stayed a month in Okinawa and in Tokyo. Next up is Ireland! I've also seen a bunch of the East coast cuz I go around spending the night in haunted places as a hobby :)
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Wow,i am glad I made this thread because amazed with all these response.I thought I was the only one since almost everyone I know has already kids .even my sister who is younger than me has already have 2 kids .So I would always feel akward when people asked if if I have kids since most girls where I live already have children at my age