Mcdonalds? Other fast food?

Options

Replies

• Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I usually opt for a salad with low fat dressing, or a wrap with grilled chicken, if I am taking the wrap(s) home, I get them with just the grilled chicken and lettuce, then when I get home, I add some salsa, and my own low fat shredded cheese :-)
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    More like Mcbarfies, skip the ball pit and get some nuts or jerky and a water from a gas station.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Fast food really just isn't healthy. period. But if I have no choice I usually order a wrap or a salad, but make sure it's grilled chicken!

huh?

they have protein, fat, and carbs.
    all thing my body needs.

i'm not sure i understand your assessment.
    And yet, she's not wrong.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    i need access to an in n out burger. i hear its magical.
    Meh, it's overrated. It's no 5 Guys, that's for sure.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Blasphemy! You probably ordered from the regular menu and not the secret menu. Animal Style, grilled onions...if you're going to do In N Out, you have to order from the secret menu. And you can get as many patties and cheese slices that you want. So you can get a 3x3 Animal Style... or two of them if you're a teenage boy.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    For McDonalds, I eat 2 egg white delights, yogurt parfeit and a iced coffee all the time. Makes me really full too. For lunches, I tend to stick with their chicken sandwiches and salads.
  • EBRE44
    EBRE44 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A large fries has more calories and fat than the most unhealthy burger on the menu usually, skip the meal deals and just get a main item + water.Fizzy drinks soon add up and i often overlook these calories. Don't completely cut it out but keep it to once a week maximum and maybe up the exercise if you do really go for it that day x
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    The premium grilled chicken wraps at McDonalds are pretty tasty. I like the Sweet Chili one.

Chick-Fil-A's grilled chicken nuggets are really good and basically all protein.

Any kind of grilled chicken sandwich is generally good, small burgers without cheese or mayo are good. Salads are generally fine but you've got to watch some of them (like Panera) can be over 1000 calories with dressing, nuts, cheese, etc.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Just don't do it .. you will be much better off if you just avoid it all together.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I've found "healthy" is sort of a relative term. To me, a double quarter pounder with cheese is perfectly healthy. It is high in sodium, but I have no current reason to watch my sodium intake. It is also kind of calorie-dense, but I don't have a problem with the amount of fat and protein it has as long as it fits in my day.

EDIT: I will often skip the fries just because there are other things I'd rather spend the calories/carbs on. Now, if I go to a place that has really good fries, that's another story.
  • Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can get the child's meal which will include apples and a smaller portion of fries. But yeah, fast food is not only unhealthy but actually damaging. It strains your kidneys, liver and all that sugar is hard on your entire digestive system. I eat fast food sometimes, but it's so unhealthy, it's getting easier for me to just skip it.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    As with anything it's fine in moderation but you should take a look at the favorite fast food places nutrition facts and find what works for you.

I don't often hit fast food because I like to cook and take the time to plan ahead but for the days I get caught on the road for work I do hit them up if needed. I enjoy grilled chicken sandwiches (usually go no mayo) and a favorite for me is the power bowl at taco bell, high sodium but it's packed full of good items so I just guzzle a bit more water. Remember that most grocery stores have salad bars so that's always a traveling option as well and I also see Subway in my travels and their oven roasted chicken loaded with veggies is awesome.

Good luck in on your quest for finding healthy fast/convenient items.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    You can get the child's meal which will include apples and a smaller portion of fries. But yeah, fast food is not only unhealthy but actually damaging. It strains your kidneys, liver and all that sugar is hard on your entire digestive system. I eat fast food sometimes, but it's so unhealthy, it's getting easier for me to just skip it.

Well....I'm a goner.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    McDs - im a sucker for a big mac and fries. a quarter pounder will do nicely as well.

Wendys - i love their spicy chicken sandwich and fries. last week i had a baconator, and upgraded to a pretzel bun. best decision i've made in YEARS. also frosty.

Burger King - im not big on BK, though in a pinch, i usually hit the dollar menu pretty hard. couple whopper jrs, but now that chicken fries are back.....

Steak n Shake - I dont live in an area blessed with this wonderful franchise. combo meals for $4?! STOP IT! last time i was in FL i got a triple something....maybe 1/2 lb? i dont recall, but it was good and their fries are also quite nice.

Krystal Burger - again, not in my region, but last time i was in GA i got a 24 pack for $24. half chicken, half beef. really fun. something about mowing down 10 after a night of drinking made me feel accomplished.

Taco Bell - this is my go-to fast food. usually a 6-pack of crunchy with a ton of fire sauce. if im feeling super hungry, i'll score myself a chalupa or a crunch wrap.

Subway - i like their BLT on italian cheese bread. xtra bacon, jalepenos, pickles, pepperjack cheese, and that chipotle sauce

In n out is on my bucket list!! I often google images of their animal style fries and weep with envy. :sad:
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I live in a town with 2 In N Out Burger places and I NEVER go there. It's completely overrated. The fries, eat them there or don't eat them at all cuz in a small amount of time, they're similar to cardboard. The burgers make my stomach turn with all that's thrown on them. Homemade or no thank you. ;0)
  • dj1skywalker
    Options

Well....I'm a goner.

^^ I'm a Goner just on that sugar principle alone :noway: :laugh:
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating fast food opposed to packing your self a lunch.. use a cooler if you need to.

+1 I avoid fast food like the plague, not only can it get to be an expensive habit eating out all the time but its not healthy, but thats my opinion and to each their own. I prefer making healthier versions at home or packing a healthy lunch.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten fast food in ages, frankly, because I can make tastier version of most of it at home, and for less calories and definitely much less sodium.

But yeah... fresco stuff at taco bell, chili at Wendy's, grilled chicken wraps/sandwiches/salads anywhere.
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I rarely eat fast food but if I'm travelling with friends, and I'm actually hungry, I get a kids meal. Portions are right for me, though often I still don't eat it all. It's like once the grease hits me, I'm not so hungry anymore.