Do you ever feel it is too late to be that "hot" tamale?

Options
124»

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I also realize that I need to not rely on my weight to be okay with myself. If I'm not enough *before* weight loss, is it really going to change my perception of myself? Not likely. I'm getting there though, slowly.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    No. I truly feel that I have never, ever been as hot as I am in my 40s. :drinker:

^QFT
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Me at 40

96ca0a41b40ac0b99abe4aafbc77f35ad44e.jpg

Me at 42
    96caa443e00be9e1206d0ac9c35b35b9e190.jpg

Me at almost 43
    96ca1643bec8a995d991adf3d1c95ababc07.jpg
    96cab6a6abc7b5cac17fcbbfc39f239f4a74.jpg

Wow, You look amazing.

Yes she does and I agree pick up a barbell...

Here is me at 38...top left, me at 40 bottom left...me at just 41 @ 165...I am 15lbs lighter now but no recent pics except in profile.

337cf4fe-0b1f-4ec4-a6ec-d2e551f7d567_zpse8037836.jpg
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Sadly, one of my motivations is to look awesome. I want to feel sexy! But after my birthday, this last year I felt discouraged and really did not put any effort into dieting, feeling like (for me) this age is the last time I will be able to look good, and with so much weight to lose (150 lbs) I will never get there.

Let's say it takes you three years to lose all the weight you want at a conservative rate of 1lb a week on average (I think it would take less time actually but bear with me.)

That would make you 43.

Most of the women in my social circle or who I meet socially are in their late 30s - 40s. I can tell you this now. Many of them are insanely hot.

Yeah, I know I know. We get bombarded with images everyday that only youth is associated with beauty. Open your eyes and get out into the real world and you realise that is a crock of *kitten*. It always surprises me when people express their own surprise when they meet a woman in her 40s and say "actually she was really good looking!!. Well, yeah, that's how it works sometimes.

Many women are like fine wine. They get better with age...
  • powerpigeon
    Options
    My mum is in her 50s and all my 20-something friends tell me what a MILF she is. You turned 40. So what? With age, a lot of women say they find more confidence and that is by far the sexiest thing. I think working out helps you get in touch with your body too, which helps you feel sexier. What are you waiting for?
  • valley2mtn
    valley2mtn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 yr old single mom. I went through a particularly terrible divorce 10 yrs ago and haven't felt "hot" in a long time. I have tried and failed and tried and failed over and over because I couldn't believe that I could achieve my dream or hold onto the idea that it was important enough. My mom is in her early 60s and has struggled with weight all my life. She now has chronic leg pain from nerve damage due to spinal stenosis. I can't help but believe that her pain would be more bearable if she was carrying less weight. For the first time in my life, I am not motivated by wanting to be a hot tamale. I want to be a healthy tamale. If I have surgeries, I don't want my caretakers to have to deal with the 140 extra lbs of weight that I was carrying at my heaviest. I went to a funeral and saw pallbearers struggling under the weight of the deceased. I had never really thought about that before. I suddenly had a new motivator. I've only been on here 15 days and lost about 6 lbs, but I've lost 40 lbs in the last few years. There are much worse things than not being the hot tamale you once were. Choose health and the hot will follow :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hotness is relative. I think 40 is way too young to worry about not being 'hot' anymore. I'm 42 and I still look pretty good. I no longer stop traffic like I did in my 20s (:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ) but my husband thinks I'm smokin' hot and I get hit on by creepers often. Being attractive to other people is a measure of 'hotness', yes, but if you feel good about yourself on the inside you will exude hotness, I feel.
  • nettle1972
    nettle1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I turned 40 I quickly learnt how hard it had become to shift stubborn weight. Got myself into a rut and promised myself tomorrow would be the day I'd get to grips with myself. It never happened and the wieght piled on for fun. I recently joined a cycling club where they organise routes for all ages and fitness levels. Its always hard getting your foot out of the door but boy am I glad I did. I'm only weeks into this and already I am feeling extremely motivated, determined and happier. I'm feeling tighter in my muscles, although it's not showing so much yet as I still need to shift some fat. However, I'm determined the muscle will shine through. Not stopping now. You just need to get the cogs moving and the momentum will follow. Enjoy the feeling and the results of your hard work.
  • cat_monster
    cat_monster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just had to google hot tamale. And I'm still not sure I know what it means.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm a hot tamale and I'm 60 :)
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Do I ever feel that way? Sure! I'm only 35, but I have been overweight my entire life and have to lose more than 200 pounds (from the beginning… it's less than that now!) just to get down to healthy weight. I have worries that an entire lifetime of obesity has made it so even if I do lose the weight… I'll never actually be "hot." I'm resigning myself to the likelihood of a great deal of loose skin and the need for surgery to deal with that.

That being said… it doesn't stop me. I'll never know if I don't try!
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and that motivates me more, not less, to try and look the best I can. I didn't have to make an effort when I was in my 20's but I don't want to to be a frumpy old woman so I now dress better than I used to, try to keep in shape, etc.

Never too late.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options

But...I have always been a hot tamale...because that is mental....not physical...

You are only as sexy as you think you are...

Great answer! Being sexy or a "hot" tamale comes in all shapes, sizes, ages, nationalitites. If you feel sexy you will be sexy but that starts on the inside. Once you get it in your head, the hard work and determination will follow hand in hand.
  • greenstar25
    greenstar25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Lemme see...

Salma Hayak
    Vanessa Williams
    Janet Jackson
    Halle Berry
    Jennifer Lopez
    Cameron Diaz
    Sofía Vergara...OMG Sofia Vergara...not just her looks, her whole attitude is so hot it sizzles!!! Shes gonna be a hot tamale even when shes 90 LoL yes, Im a fan :)

...I'd name off women I know personally, but you woudln't have a clue who I'm talking about LoL!

But suffice it to say, I double dare ya to tell any of those women its too late for them to be hot! Seriously, I turn 40 in 2 years, and so not going to throw in the towel anytime soon! Like others said, its all a state of mind and putting into action what you want to achieve. And it is so not even about the weight, its about you...if you adjust how you feel about yourself, that will reflect out to the world.

Which reminds me of another favorite of mine..Queen Latifah... Ive seen her in person (we happened to be going to see the same movie and she was super casual in sweats and no makeup) and she looks *exactly* the same in person as she does in pictures...absolutely beautiful and confident. And that right there is I think the key...

I can add a really hot "over 50" woman, please check her out on the web, you will be amazed, her name is Solange Frazao. She is hot, hot, hot!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You are only as sexy as you think you are...

This x1000
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I think you've already gotten enough feedback on the whole age is not the problem idea but just to add one more - I'm 40 as are my best friends and we are three hot babes!! Sure I feel a bit self conscious now and then but so do some of the fittest, most slender women I know - we all have our moments. It's all about mindset, as someone else pointed out.

On that note, consider making this more about just trying to achieve a certain physcial appearance. That's part of it, of course but also consider your health, your mobility, your energy level, etc. Looking back on how I felt a few years ago, I am so much better off now. And while, like you, I wish I started 10-20 years ago, I'm just really happy that I figured it out when I did. I don't wheeze coming up the stairs or just walking around. I don't get sore arms while changing out the shower curtain liner or feel like I'm going to pass out when tying my sneakers or painting my toenails. And most importantly, I avoided having to take meds for high blood pressure and cholesterol.

The loose skin and flatter boobs are a bit of a bummer but I'm saving up for plastic surgery and in the meantime I still look pretty hot in clothes. :)