How much do YOU weigh?

Options

Replies

• Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It's just a number. If someone asks I'll tell them. This number doesn't define me, nor is it a gage of my health or fitness level.

Starting weight 291+

Current Weight: 225

Goal Weight 120
  • Beckyg1972
    Options
    SW - 307

CW- 265.8

GW- 185
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    SW - 307

CW- 265.8

GW- 185

that's my goal weight too. I have about 50lbs to go.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    No. I dont like the whole notion of 'being held accountable' to someone else for my choices. I know if I miss a goal. An Internet random pointing it out isn't going to make me go "oh no I better get serious now because WeightLifter872 will see I slacked a little". Really, how does announcing everything make you accountable to strangers?

I keep my stuff closed because there's too many people the just jump in with "helpful advice" (ie their judgements) when it's not requested. If I want help, I'll ask.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm indifferent about announcing my weight. I don't generally do it because I don't feel it's necessary, but I've also had no problem stating my weight along the way if someone asks. However, seeing my ticker move on MFP has actually really helped to keep me excited and motivated about the process, and I measure myself regularly. As long as I can see some progress in the right direction, I'm happy. :smile:
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I have zero problem sharing. I was 399#. Anything below that is something to celebrate!
  • sti1imatic
    Options
    6'1 - 205ish

I want to get to 10-15% Body fat, I am around 25% right now.
  • sld1008
    Options
    I agree.. I don't mind telling but it doesn't keep me accountable! it's just a number after all!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    my weight is on my ticker and my own actions or lack of them is what keeps me accountable. I don't mind sharing my weight on here but I don't tell random strangers or my family in conversation my weight or anything like that.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't mind telling either. I'm 118.2 as of this morning - down from a high of 178.
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    start weight: 240
    current weight: 215

25 pounds lost

goal weight: 180
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    No, I don't like to share my weight.
    My husband doesn't know how much I weigh, nor do my best friends.

The kicker is that I'm not over weight.
    But I'm heavier than I could be for my height.
    I'm 4'11", so People think I weigh 90-100 pounds, so when they lift me up (yeah, another thing I don't understand about the need to pick up small girls/women), they have stumbled with a weight they weren't anticipating.
    CW = 118.

I should get over my insecurity about not being lighter and enjoy the fact that I'm not heavier.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Starting weight was 259
    Current weight is 229.5
    Goal weight is 144

Looking at my weight motivates me to a point and I have no problem telling people here what my weight is.
  • shankasaurus
    shankasaurus Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't mind sharing my weight on this site, that's why I'm here after all. I do not wish to share my weight with coworkers or casual acquaintances. I don't mind sharing my weight with my family or friends. They probably wish I would talk about it less actually.

HW - 240 (2012 after struggling for over a year with severe depression)
    SW - 225 (MFP starting weight August 1st)
    CW - 216
    GW - 165
    UGW - 150

I'm 5'8" and my REAL goal is to feel good everyday. I want to fuel my body appropriately for the activities I want to engage in. Losing weight is great, and it's definitely on my to do list, but ultimately I need to learn how to eat. Seems silly but I was never taught these things, I always just ate whenever and whatever I wanted. I absolutely love the science behind tracking calories and macros, and collecting the data everyday from my weight, and my weekly measurements.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't mind online. I started at 338lbs, I'm now 293lbs. I've lost an amazing amount and I'm super proud of that. With my friends and family I have a little more trouble letting them how much I started at, some of them know, and eventually I plan on telling everyone. For now, it's still a little sensitive that I let myself get that heavy.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don't have any issues disclosing my weight, as we are all kinda in the same boat (or have already swam ashore), started at 245 and made it down to 218.5 (well in that rang) . I don't think that it would change my accountability either way. I feel like my FL on here are ithe most valueable tool to my weight loss and accountability. When I don't feel like getting up and moving, remembering that a friend looked forward to seeing what my burn for the day would be motivated me to not let her down.
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have zero problem sharing. I was 399#. Anything below that is something to celebrate!

Exactly how I feel!

CW: 196lbs down from 270lbs at my highest
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I weigh 170.2 lbs as of last Thursday (last time I weighed). I do not feel it's beneficial to announce my weight, but I don't mind announcing it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "stay accountable". Accountable to whom?
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    No - my weight is my personal business. But that's just my opinion :bigsmile:

+1
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    people don't believe me when i tell them i'm 210. :-) or that i'm "plus sized" - so it will be interesting when i get back in the 180's to see if they notice. :-) weight is a number... it's more about how you feel. I don't care if people know, but i also don't care if people know my age. it is what it is.

I agree!!! :drinker: