How much do YOU weigh?

Options

Replies

• NicoleMHughes
    Options
    Personally, I've had the greatest success with announcing to my friends what workout program I was doing. That way I stayed accountable and did what I needed to do to lose those last couple of pounds. In April I had publicly posted on every forum that I was a part of that I was doing Insanity. Adding that community aspect that was cheering me on everyday to do my workouts got me to get my yoga pants on everyday
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm currently fluctuating between 216 and 218.

Considering I started at 268? I"m damned proud of what I weigh!

I'm hoping to get to 150.
  • hoovified
    hoovified Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't mind announcing it online where no one knows me. I don't mind telling my family, or people of similar weights. I have recently told my 2 best friends (who are pretty much really my only friends lol) because wanted to be honest about how bad my weight is. I always get told I don't look like I weigh as much as I do. I've had nurses thinking they were weighing me wrong, lol! It's because I have a big booty/heavy lower body I guess. So, yeah, I feel like I needed to tell people. To say "YES! I need to do something about this, or you're no longer going to have me as a friend when we are 50."

I look like I weighed 240 (according to pretty much everyone), I actually started at 297. I am down to 284.
  • skinnycaitt
    skinnycaitt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    started at 144 went up to 180 due to a bad relationship, now down to 167! Heres hoping I can get back to 144 !!
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I used to NEVER want anyone to know what I weighed not even close family members. Now I'll tell anyone who asks because I could care F**in less what their reaction is or what they think. Am I happy? Good. All that matters. LOUD AND PROUD OVER HERE!
  • funt80
    funt80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    6 feet and 255 lb
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'll announce it. I started at 284 and I'm down to 244. The first time I tried MFP I hid my diary and didn't post my weight anywhere because I was ashamed. When I came back I decided I was putting all my cards on the table. Once I got over being embarassed about how much I weighed/what I looked like, it was so much easier to accept realty and start making changes.
  • rtwing40
    Options
    Heaviest: 250
    Current: 163
    Goal: 150
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't mind telling people what I weigh (140 - 145 range depending on the day). It does get annoying though when people constantly feel the need to tell you they're worried about your health and that you're not eating when you are clearly well inside the "healthy" range for your height so for a lot of people I've changed my answer to "no less than the last time you asked"

That said, as a side note, for those who started at a weight of 300 ish or more (I started at about 310), i think it's good to be careful with goal weights at the lower end of their healthy range. Unfortunately they will likely end up with a fair number of pounds of excess skin that's not really doing anything but hanging there as opposed to actually contributing anything to their "healthy weight". Apparently it's not uncommon to have about 10 pounds of excess skin for every 100 pounds lost. So, if you're 5'8", for example, a goal weight of 130 pounds would not be unreasonable. If, however, you started at 400 pounds and at 130 pounds would have an approximate 27 pounds of weight that's just skin, it would be like putting a 103 pound 5'8" person on the scale, saying "oh dear, you're quite underweight...hold out your arms...", and then just draping 27 pounds of skin over them so the number fits their healthy range..
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sure why not?
    SW: 364
    CW: 292
    GW: 164
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5'10.

Aiming to get back down to 130/131 where I feel most confident.
    I have slacked off the last few months.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    305 Starting

176 now

I hover between 175-180 most of the time

I'd like to be around 160

I'm 5'11
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me the same as it doesn't bother me to tell people I'm 45. Usually I get the 'You carry your weight well"...whatever that means...lol. I carry it all over and not well at all, but quite unwell.

Anyway heaviest was 275 before pregnancy and held 250 after pregnancy for 9 years. Since last year I've gained that I started this journey at 268. I'm 5'7".
  • DINO1264
    DINO1264 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    6'
    156lbs.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I wasn't really shy about my weight until I was hanging out with a group of friends and we were all sharing our weight (all of us being over weight) and when I said mine one of my guy friends said "Wow, now I dont feel so bad about my weight." Since I started losing I would tell people on MFP what I weighed, but not on Facebook with people that actually know me. Today was my first Facebook post that shared my starting weight, because I am damned proud of finally getting below 200lbs. I am 5'6" and started at 245, and as of this morning am 199.4. Barely under 200, but I will take it lol. Goal is to get to 160 and re evaluate from there.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used to be ashamed of my weight. But once I worked up the courage to say it out loud, it became less scary. I also feel more committed to my weight loss now. It's just a number. It doesn't define me as a person. That being said, I like the accountability of other people knowing. Plus it will make me feel good when I get to goal and help people understand my journey.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Only a few select people know my actual weight number - and they are my daily supporters. They've been with me since the very beginning.

A few co-workers have actually asked me if I'm "okay" as they noticed I've lost weight. I don't look ill, I guess they just noticed the difference suddenly and were concerned.

If someone asks me directly, I tell them I've lost 70-some pounds since I started. :)
  • IsaCaliBel
    IsaCaliBel Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Reminds me where I came from and where I'm headed, so yes!
    244 to 182 so far....

73529108.png
  • findingmyw1ngs
    findingmyw1ngs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't think it holds me any more accountable and (because I am considered small by many people, but still want to lose just a few more lbs) I often get judgments that are sometimes very unneeded. I'll share with some, but that's nothing I announce publicly anymore
  • IrisFlute
    IrisFlute Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't mind telling family and best friend, but don't mention weight loss with anyone else.

Paradoxically, I'm a bit shy about bringing it up because I'm only trying to lose a little for health reasons, and if I talked about it, people would just tell me I look fine as I am.

So, I'm 5'8" and started at 157 lb. Which was fine with me; I had never been on a diet in my life. But then the doctor said I have low-level hypertension, and that if I could drop some weight it might mean I can avoid the need for medication.

Close to four decades ago when I graduated from college, I weighed 135 and I stayed at that weight throughout my twenties and most of my thirties. Middle age stuck the extra 20 lbs on. I figure if I can shed those, then my blood pressure has a good chance of settling down. (Plus I dropped my sodium to below 1000 mg a day and am trying some other natural methods.)

Many folks on here are having to be so awesomely focused on a weight-loss marathon that I feel like I'm not in their league of courage and discipline. Someone on another thread said something to me about "vanity weight loss" and I sort of retreated for a while -- it's really not about vanity for me, but it can be hard to justify dieting when you looked OK to start with.