What is your go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Running_down_a_dream
    Options
    1 cup of egg beaters 125 callories, + what ever I mix in lole mushrooms, onions, bell peppers or spinach.
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is 1/4 cup (dry weight) Whole grain Cereal consisting of steel cut oats, bulgar, buckwheat cooked up with a 1/4 cup of raisins and 2 Tbl. ground fresh peanuts, cooled off with a splash of almond milk and a little Equal. And most important Black Strong Coffee. It will hold me till lunch unless I'm on a long hard ride then I may need a S.Bch. To Go Bar or a piece of oatcake to tide me over.
  • OrganicSFS
    OrganicSFS Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That would be 2 pieces of pancake with honey, an egg, some crispy bacon, a fresh banana and of course, a cup of coffee.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Since it's healthy to have about half your calories for breakfast (linked to greater weight loss), I do that.
    I almost always have:
    1 banana
    12 oz skim milk + 1 serving Carnation instant breakfast + 2 T malted milk powder
    1 slice Brownberry whole wheat bread + 1.5 T Skippy natural peanut butter
  • berkayaliulker
    Options
    5-6 eggs with vegetables or oats with fruits/frozen berries
  • kenthenatural
    kenthenatural Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    8 egg whites and half cup steel oats with a cup of black coffee and 3 splenda packets
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    three scrambled eggs in 1/2 tsp of olive oil or a smoothie with the following

1/3 C oats
    1/2 C Greek yogurt
    1/2 a banana
    1/2 C almond milk
    and whatever fresh or frozen fruit I have/want and sometimes a tinsy bit of honey to sweeten it
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    A frittata with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, bacon or sausage, herbs, onion, hot peppers, and whatever else I might have that sounds good. This reminds me that I haven't made one in a while but I love them.

Lately it's been a protein shake with Optimum Nutrition vanilla ice cream flavor and milk.

Oh, and coffee. Always coffee.
  • goblue8426
    goblue8426 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Depending on the day, I might have...

Whole wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter (plus a little sea salt) and skim milk
    Chex whole wheat squares with skim milk
    Clif bar
    Green smoothie (Greek yogurt, frozen fruit, banana, spinach, almond/soy milk, flax seed)

They all keep me full until lunch. I'd like to eat oatmeal more often too.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have some type of lean red meat, egg-whites, cheddar cheese and Mrs. Dash almost every morning. Sometimes I'll add fruit or a tomato (or I'll save those for something else I have planned for another meal that day). And yes...that totally keeps me full for a very, very long time.
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Since it's healthy to have about half your calories for breakfast (linked to greater weight loss), I do that.
    I almost always have:
    1 banana
    12 oz skim milk + 1 serving Carnation instant breakfast + 2 T malted milk powder
    1 slice Brownberry whole wheat bread + 1.5 T Skippy natural peanut butter

"half your calories for breakfast" Now that's good information. If I can't eat more before exercising I'll have to try to work in a midmorning second breakfast . Thanks for the info.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Subway...
  • IrisFlute
    IrisFlute Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1/2 T olive oil in a pan, then I saute some combination of: onion, zucchini, eggplant, green pepper, hot pepper, mushrooms. I eat the big plate of hot sauteed veggies with some salsa and one or two scrambled eggs. And black coffee, fresh-ground and strong.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Low fat plain yoghurt- a full cup
    Over a ½ cup frozen blueberries or now a cut up peach or nectarine
    With 1/3 cup bran buds or grapenuts for a topping

½ my fibre requirement, calcium, protein, wonderful fruit and crunch all in one.
    Good staying power
    Oh, and a cuppa.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Banana and Peanut Butter - Easy and Delicious.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I don't have a go-to breakfast, I make & eat whatever I wake up craving that day.

Be it Oatmeal, French Toast, Denver Omelet, Chorizo, Egg & Potato Burrito, etc.

I HATE repeating meals, unless it's like ridiculously delicious and slightly addicting >.<

Feel free to add me and view my Food Diary for ideas. I'm always full and satisfied.

I also post pictures and recipe links of ALL my daily meals.

It's just another way to keep me accountable!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and a peach or banana
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Pancakes, IHOP if possible. I need to keep it to max 4 with no syrup.
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    One egg scrambled with half an avocado and maybe add some sliced tomato or pickled beets
    or one piece of toast with apple/pumpkin butter and a bowl of granola cereal
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I just started this bulletproof coffee thing and so far it has been a pretty good replacement for the huge breakfast meals I usually eat.

:huh: :noway: :grumble: