softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Weekday, yogurt and an apple.
    Weekend, omelet with veggies.
    Sometimes, hard boiled eggs.
  • joannenicole451
    joannenicole451 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Most days I have "Overnight Oatmeal" for breakfast.

1/3 cup old fashioned oats (Not instant)
    1/3 cup milk (I use almond)
    1/4 cup 0% greek yogurt (thick and creamy with tons of protein but no extra fat)
    2 tsp chia seeds
    2 tsp ground flaxseed
    1 Tbsp raw honey

optional mix ins: whatever fruit/nuts you want. I almost always go with a Tbsp of slivered almonds for crunch and 6-8 frozen raspberries.

Stir it all together, and let it sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning it's thickened up and the oats are soft, and it's very yummy and filling. And since I make it the night before, I don't have to worry about making myself breakfast in the morning when things are crazy rushed.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Oatmeal (uncooked), 1/2 cup almond milk and 1/2 cup portion size fruit cup (light syrpe)

Or a fruit smoothie 8 oz
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, raisins, apple.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I must be a weirdo because I don't have a go to food anytime LOL :laugh: I am too picky and get bored easy.

I eat leftovers rarely, cottage cheese, cookies, cakes, cereal, eggs, whatever I want :laugh: sorry that's not much of an answer
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a few breakfast items in rotation: one is the Trader Joe's High Fiber fruit and nut cereal with a cup of berries and soy milk on top, another is 3 scrambled egg whites with a cup of steamed broccoli and a tablespoon of parmesan, another is overnight oats--1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal soaked in a jar with 1/2 cup water, top with 1/2 cup fat free plain greek yogurt. layer those three things, don't stir-stick in the fridge overnight. in the morning, stir and top with 1/2 cup berries. the three 1/2 cup items help me remember the recipe!!! I make the overnight oats in a mason jar so I can take it with me if I need to and I often eat that for lunch if I didn't have it for breakfast. If I have more time, I make a green smoothie and have that with a slice of low fat whole grain toast with one tablespoon fresh ground peanut butter. I LOVE breakfast food--it's my favorite thing to go out to eat for and I like all the things I make too!!! These things hold me until lunch. I teach, so I can't be eating in front of the kids, but I do drink green tea all day long.
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with almond milk, chia seeds, raisens, cranberries, and some raw sugar...

I forgot to add, I make this the night before so the chia seeds get plumpy... I am thinking about trying the chocolate version with yogurt...
  • SpikeTailTurtle
    Options
    If I'm having an early lunch I eat PB cheerios with light vanilla soy milk.
    If I'm having a later lunch bring on the oatmeal! I find nothing sticks to the ribs quite like oatmeal and a slice of toast. <- Sometimes I misbehave and add chocolate covered craisins.
  • vforvanilla
    vforvanilla Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Eggs! Once I added eggs into my breakfast I have no problem staying full until lunchtime.

Right now, breakfast is: 1 whole egg and 1 egg white fried, with spinach or green pepper, and a banana.

Sometimes when I'm craving something crunchy and sweet I have a bowl of Kellogg's Genmai/Brown Rice Flakes, with plain yogurt plus a little zero-calorie sweetener. The only problem is I love that cereal so much, I end up snacking on it too...

Another plus to eating eggs: you can't just snack on them anytime, lol. :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Most days I make old-fashioned oatmeal with flavored kefir milk. It tastes really good and I don't even need to add any sweetener. I'll add fruit while it's cooking too, blueberries, raspberries etc. sometimes I add cinnamon or vanilla. It does keep me full until lunch.
  • lisawinning4losing
    Options
    Half a bagel with light cream cheese and/or peanut butter, which is really good together by the way, just a tiny bit of peanut butter on top of the cream cheese. And maybe a piece of fruit. Today I had low calorie yogurt with my bagel.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Clif bar. It definitely holds me over until lunch.
  • lisawinning4losing
    Options
    That sounds so good, and such a great idea!

(Overnight Oatmeal)
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    usually 2 waffles with maple syrup.... it always holds me over til lunch time
  • cece5300
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't fill me up for long except for the banana oat pancakes I make. 1 egg, 1 banana, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, and 1/2 cup of oats. Blend the ingredients and it makes 3 or 4 delicious pancakes! I usually eat them with strawberries and blueberries. It's like 340 something calories but it is the only thing that keeps me full for a log time. I got the recipe here but I altered it to make it 1 serving and tweaked my recipe a bit

http://simply-delicious-food.com/2014/06/03/easy-healthy-banana-oat-pancakes/

Usually my go-to breakfast is a Garden Lite Veggie muffin (yummy!) and a strawberry banana smoothie I make with strawberries, dannon light & fit non fat vanilla yogurt, a banana, coconut almond milk and a little bit of cocoa powder. Together it's all 260 calories and is my favorite thing ever. If I don't want a smoothie I'll eat the muffin with a cup of coconut almond milk. Yum!

2 eggs with salt and pepper on 40 calorie wheat bread is also good. I used to be on an oatmeal kick but I can't stand it by itself lately.
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    I try to have a protein breakfast and lately have been having a smoothie with protein although I think I might do better with my old favorite: an egg beater with some reduced fat shredded mild cheddar, and an organic rice cake.
  • Lois1914
    Options
    1 cup of cheerios w/ blueberries / almond milk or 1 cup steel cut oatmeal
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Peanut butter and toast, 99% of the time, for decades.
  • cathyg321
    cathyg321 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is 1 cup steel cut oats with a banana or a greek yogurt stirred in. Its quite filling. I just have to remember to cook a batch a bedtime twice a week.

1 cup steel cut oats
    4 and a splash cups water

Combine, bring to boil. Stir, cover with lid. Turn off stove and go to bed.
    In the morning its ready. Just heat and eat.

150 calories 1 cup cooked.

What an amazing idea... sounds like something I'll have to try!
  • pacificsam
    Options
    I have one piece of daves killer bread with some yummy organic peanut butter from whole foods and I sprinkle a tbs of chia seeds on top!! Sometimes if I'm super hungry I'll cut up some banana and put that on top of the toast and put the chia seeds on top of the banana. (: