What is your go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I leave the house at 6:30 am I eat a protein bar and a cheese stick with about 16 oz. of coffee. Then around 9:00 am I eat a boiled egg, a whole tomato (about 180g), a serving of saltine crackers (5) and about 2 oz. of boneless pork chop.
  • BirmingDan
    Options
    I just started a few weeks ago. We already had a bunch of packaged breakfast bars in the pantry. I'm trying to finish those off. They're not filling for the amount of calories they have. When they're done, I'm going to try to make a two-egg cheese and onion omelette in the mornings. That's about the same calories, and it tastes much better and staves off hunger all morning. Maybe then I can quit eating these Kar's Sweet 'n Salty Mix packets of nuts and seeds and M&Ms that we bought at Sam's Club for a snack in the morning. Those are packed with calories, too. In case you can't tell, I hate to waste.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Porridge-with 30g rolled oats, cooked on stove in 180ml low fat milk, then once cooked, I add a teaspoon of honey, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, about 30g banana sliced, and 15g walnuts on top. Yummy and filling!

I like Brekky smoothies with some berries, banana, protein, yogurt & oats in them also, they fill me up really well.
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast during the week is a whole wheat bagel thin with natural peanut butter and a protein shake. Then I'm off to the gym. And a protein shake with chocolate protein powder, instant coffee and pb2 when I leave the gym. That holds me to about 11:30ish.. On the weekends its a english muffin, scrambled eggs and turkey bacon.
  • trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am pretty bad for not eating breakfast. My quick go-to is a Slim Fast shake mixed with coffee and ice (so...iced coffee?) Sometimes I'll have a morning snack a few hours after.. I keep it in a coffee thermos to make sure I drink it slowly and that it stays cold. If I'm in a particularly sour mood, I'll throw in a bit of Truvia to sweeten it a bit.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Egg Whites 4-8oz, 1 egg, onions, tomatoes. peppers and Turkey...Deli meat or sausage
  • WonkaCat
    Options
    Homemade muffins. I have a lot or recipies for healthier muffins (no oils, minimal to no added sugars, whole grains). Each one comes in at around 100-150 calories each and I fill them with lots of blueberries, raspberries or pumpkin. Keeps me well full until lunchtime or longer.
  • Leyalin
    Leyalin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Generally I like to have a sourdough english muffin with an over easy egg and a thick slice of bacon on it for breakfast . I don't normally butter the muffin, instead I break open the egg yolk so it soaks into the bread. To drink is a smoothie of apple juice, blueberries, strawberries, and greens.
    Lately though, I've been lazy and haven't felt like putting in the effort to toast a muffin and cook an egg (we pre-cook our bacon for the week) so I've been on an oatmeal kick. I found these things that are basically a ramen cup but they're oatmeal and they come with a little packet of nuts and raisins to mix in. They're pretty nice on days when I'm not all that awake/coherent.
    Weekends are when the bigger breakfasts come out like, biscuits & gravy or bacon & eggs with pancakes and/or hashbrowns.
    Breakfast is my favorite food group ;)
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    2-3 eggs omelette
    bacon
    roast chicken
    cheese
    jalapeno peppers
    green onion
    whatever other meat/veggies are in the fridge.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee. Keeps me very held over AND ENERGIZED WOOP WOOP WOOP 'til lunch.
  • timbelly
    Options
    5 rashers of Bacon, with whole fried egg, mushrooms and sometimes tomato fried in Beef dripping. As I'm on a gluten free low carbs high fat is the order of the day. I do drink 2 litres of water a day so never feel hungry between meals.:laugh:
  • babsfit14
    Options
    (1) Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain bread, toasted, with all natural peanut butter (no added sugar), sometimes slice a half banana on it as well, 4 oz. 1% organic milk, and hot tea with Stevia; or (2) organic oatmeal with cinnamon, a bit of sugar or honey, and raisins or blueberries, milk and hot tea. Sometimes lasts until lunchtime, but I take a late morning snack from home just in case, such as an apple and string cheese, or a few nuts, or carrot and celery sticks with hummus.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Well, I wake up at 5AM to work out, so my "breakfast" really consists of 2-3 things eaten a couple of hours apart.

5:00 - Quest bar (lifting days only - 4x/week)
    7:30 - Protein smoothie on the way to work
    8:30 - What I call "breakfast" at work

My work breakfast used to always be oatmeal, which was delicious but left me with fewer calories throughout the day. I decided to have smaller breakfasts so I could eat more for lunch, dinner, and snacks (and dessert, of course). Now I switch it up every 2-3 weeks or alternate between 2 different breakfasts all week.

This week and next week it's a Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Muffin, nuked in the microwave and topped with a few squirts of spray butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Sooo tasty. That, along with my Quest bar and protein smoothie keep me satisfied until lunch.

Other breakfast foods I like:
    - 1 cup of Special K protein cereal (dry, because I prefer it that way)
    - 1 Eggo nutrigrain blueberry waffle with Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese spread and a drizzle of sugar free syrup
    - Pepperidge Farm pumpkin spice bread, toasted with Jif pumpkin spice whipped peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon
    - Peanut butter banana protein "sandwich" - basically half of a banana, split in half length-wise with a peanut butter/protein powder layer in between
    - Half a cinnamon raisin bagel thin with Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese spread
    - Piece of toast with a sliced hard-boiled egg on top with a pinch of salt and/or pepper

Oh, and coffee, of course.

On weekends, when I don't have a protein smoothie or a Quest bar, I have a bigger breakfast. I switch off between chocolate protein pancakes and French toast (2-4 slices of pumpkin spice bread with pumpkin spice whipped peanut butter and a few chocolate chips between each slice, and a drizzle of sugar free syrup on top).

Those probably don't sound all that "healthy," but they fit nicely into my macros and they're delicious. :)
  • tarver_11
    Options
    1 slice honey-chia toast, topped with 1 tbs BP2 and half an apple sliced on top of the PB2! Yummy, feels indulgent, keeps me full until lunch ~151 Calories :)
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm really bad about not eating breakfast. I know I know I need to because when I don't I tend to eat badly all day.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Activia yogurt and Bran Buds cereal, I have been eating the same damn breakfast pretty much every day for probably a decade now....
  • TannerBoyl
    TannerBoyl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My weekday breakfast is usually a protein shake and a piece of fruit or two. When I get to work, I usually have a cup of coffee or tea. That will usually keep me pretty satisfied until lunchtime.

On weekends, I like to have a big breakfast. I usually go for bacon and eggs, a breakfast burrito or a scramble to fill me up.
  • fitnessqueeninnyc
    Options
    Early riser here so I break my breakfast down into sections for what activities I have going on that morning:

Typical workweek (morning workout)

5:45 - Glowing Green Smoothie

7:45 (After workout) - Organic Protein Shake

9:00 - Coffee

Weekend is usually an egg white omelet with veggies and 1 slice of rustic multi-grain bread
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is an onion, cheese, and bacon omelet. And coffee.
  • skinterz
    Options
    Im on intermittent fasting so I skip breakfast, and go straight to my main meal.

My first meal today is a full pizza washed down with oatmilk and peanut butter.

I train fasted, and the idea of eating before working out just makes me feel tired.