What's in your lunch box for lunch and snack

Options

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    bananas, rice cakes, peanut butter, basil and parmesan couscous, tuna packets, roasted/smoked almonds
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Mmm these all sound so tasty!

I've got a bit of a splurge lunch today. Some leftover homemade spaghetti from the other night. And for snacks I've brought a banana and some coconut greek yogurt.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Morning Snack
    Special K - Blueberry Cereal Bar
    My Essentials/Hannaford Brand - Non Fat Yogurt-Blueberry, 1 container
    Celestial Seasonings - Cinnamon Apple Spice Tea, 1 tea bag
    180 Calories

Lunch "Pizza" No sauce, I am allergic to tomatoes. Quick spray of pam, sprinkle of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper on roll-up tosted in toaster oven for 3-5 minutes until crispy, chop up mushrooms, and spinach, mix with cheese cover roll up, toast for another 5 minutes. (SOOO Stinking good. I wish I could have diced tomatoes on it, Would definitely take it over the top!)

whole wheat roll-up - whole grain , 1 wrap
    My Essentials - Natural Low Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Fancy Shredded Cheese, 1/4 Cup (28g)
    Jello Sugar Free - Lemon Lime, 1 snack
    Mushrooms - Raw, 28.0 g
    Spinach - Raw, 28.0 g
    Dr. Pepper - Diet Dr Pepper, 12 oz
    222 Calories

Afternoon Snack
    Frigo Cheeseheads - Light String Cheese, 1 Piece (24g)
    Grapes - Raw, 85.0 g
    Earl Grey Tea bag
    107 Calories
  • ibafishinfool
    ibafishinfool Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Same thing I have every day:

6 - 8 oz of grilled chicken thighs
    1-1/2 cups vegies (spinach today)
    1 banana
    2 cups fruit salad (cantaloupe, strawberries & grapes)

Always have mixed nuts or rice crackers in my desk drawer
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Lunch: spinach salad with egg and musrooms. Chicken breast

snack Beef Jerky
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    4 oz of smoked whitefish and half of a baked potato ????
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I eat almost the same thing for lunch every day at work. a low cal tv dinner and an apple. Today it's some Margherita chicken balsamic healthy choice thing and a gala apple. I'll eat a banana after I go to the gym around 4:30.

I have 2 kids under 4 and while I eat pretty clean outside of work and on the weekends I need something that doesn't require thought or I'm eating out for lunch. We have fabulous restaurants near my work. I'd probably eat indian food like every day without the frozen meal.
  • bambi2578
    bambi2578 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oven roasted deli chicken, colby jack cheese and mayo sandwich. Strawberry shortcake yogurt.

Popcorner's kettle chips for snack if I'm hungry.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I graze throughout the day, but by the time dinner rolls around i'll usually have eaten 2 hard boiled eggs, 2oz of reduced fat cheese, a quest bar and some cherry tomatoes or other type of veggie
  • reese307
    reese307 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    today I have a healthy choice beef merlot meal ( 180 calories).. they are great for on the run! I also have carrots and hummus and.. a Yoplait light raspberry cheesecake yogurt
  • tucky3203
    tucky3203 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken and fresh tomatoes with basil for lunch.

Chocolate roasted almonds and an apple for a snack.

yummy, now I'm hungry.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    2 oz Ham sandwich with half tbs of mayo.
    1 cup of grapes
    1 oz of snow pea chips
    a sugar free jello pudding cup. ^^

nomnomnom
  • JennaNevada
    JennaNevada Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lunch is homemade vegetable soup with ground turkey (thank you crock pot) with fruit for snack. If I get really sugar crave-y there's an emergency Larabar in my desk.
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I bring my lunch to work every day. A sandwich is routine for me but I add other items with it which can be reviewed on my food diary. For today:

Sara Lee light wheat hamburger bun, 2 slices of lean Oscar Mayer Turkey Breast, 1 slice 2% american cheese,
    a small amount of Hellman's light mayo.
    Snack and or during lunch: Sabra Hummus with pretzels, the roasted red pepper variety
    one 11oz Premier Protein Strawberries and Cream flavor which has 30g of protein and 160 calories - great new flavor if you have not tried it....great protein supplement to get me to my goal protein intake....
    and...a small cup of Jello Sugar Free Black Cherry jello in case I need something else.

Have a great day!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Today I have...

Morning snack:
    Plain greek yogurt, blueberries, almonds, and homemade protein muffin

Lunch:
    Two pieces of gifilte fish with horseradish, sugar snap peas, and a slice of homemade wheat bread

Afternoon snack:
    Apple, cheese stick, and the rest of my almonds :)
  • Mjones23456
    Mjones23456 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Home made turkey, veggie and rice soup with whole wheat crackers and a tomato with cucumber salad. Grapes and pear for my snacks.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Typically I bring some leftover dinner for my lunch. Today, the snack is watermelon! Delicious but, sadly, this is probably the last watermelon of the season.

I also like cheese sticks, pretzels and Maria biscuits. You can find them in the cookie aisle or, the Mexican or international foods section. They are kind of like vanilla wafers and fantastic with tea or coffee.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    A great sandwich trick is to use plain nonfat yogurt instead of mayo or other sandwich spread. Sometimes, you don't even need cheese on the sandwich.
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Lunch: Boarshead Blazing Buffalo chicken breast, white american cheese, on fresh bakery multigrain bread w/ a little bit of mayo (yummy!)
    Snacks: Peanut Butter filled pretzels & Chobani Key Lime Flips