Looking for More Attention From Weight Loss?

Options

Replies

• Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I'm strange. Being gawked at makes me feel uncomfortable if it's while I'm walking down the street, but I know that getting gawked at means they find me attractive. Ultimately I only care if my husband finds me attractive, but subconsciously it's nice to know others notice. Overall, I would say I don't really give a damn, lol.

Maybe it's different for ladies but I might look at a nice looking lady and smile. Is that really gawking? If I catch a lady taking a glance at me (for some reason), I take that as a compliment. Maybe ladies don't really "gawk" unless they are at a chip n dales performance.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I don't get any attention IRL. Online I do and I don't mind it, but it's not "real."
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I'm strange. Being gawked at makes me feel uncomfortable if it's while I'm walking down the street, but I know that getting gawked at means they find me attractive. Ultimately I only care if my husband finds me attractive, but subconsciously it's nice to know others notice. Overall, I would say I don't really give a damn, lol.

Maybe it's different for ladies but I might look at a nice looking lady and smile. Is that really gawking? If I catch a lady taking a glance at me (for some reason), I take that as a compliment. Maybe ladies don't really "gawk" unless they are at a chip n dales performance.

I dont know about that. I gawk at men if I am attracted to them..
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options

I don't consider smiling gawking. I consider oogling my boobs and my *kitten* gawking.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Am I doing it for attention? No. Do I mind the attention? No
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options

Gawking and glancing with a smile are two different things. Gawking makes a woman feel like they're being undressed. It doesn't make a woman feel appreciated, it makes her feel uncomfortable. You may not know what I mean, but some men look at women and you can pretty much tell what it is they're thinking. It's beyond admiring her physical appearance, it's staring to the point where she knows you want to *kitten* her (I use this term because it's not meant to feel proper)

I often look at both men and women I find attractive, but it's not a seedy "oh the things I'd do to you" thing. It's a genuine admiration for their physical appearance.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Nope. I hate being flirted with. Online it's just stupid - what's the point of swapping "cutesy" responses with someone just for the same of doing it? It's empty and not flattering. In person...it's stupid. I'm married and wearing a wedding ring. It's NOT flattering.

However if my husband flirts with me then game on!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Sure. I'd even give a damn if it's from guys I'm interested in.
  • da_bears1008
    Options
    I have no clue what NTTAWWT means.

NTTAWWT = Not that there's anything wrong with that

IHWPMATNU

which means...

i hate when people make acronyms that nobody understands
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. The more fun, crazy, flirty, pervy comments, the better.
    Am I doing it for attention? No. Do I mind the attention? No

Pretty much +1 to both
  • Wookinpanub
    Options
    I consider oogling my boobs and my *kitten* gawking.

I was walking in the local mall a few years ago and a nice looking younger girl with ample bewbies was walking with her Mom. She was 18ish. She had on a college sweatshirt. As she walked by I was honestly trying to read the college name - it was some obscure private new England type college - printed across the sweatshirt. The mom gave me the dirtiest look.
  • Wookinpanub
    Options
    I have no clue what NTTAWWT means.

NTTAWWT = Not that there's anything wrong with that

IHWPMATNU

which means...

i hate when people make acronyms that nobody understands

IKR?
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I don't get any attention IRL. Online I do and I don't mind it, but it's not "real."

Same boat here .. I live in a small town, so yeah .. not happening. BUT .. I would love some! =(
  • caitconquersweight
    Options
    Nope. I'm married, anyway. To be honest I haven't noticed people IRL treating me much differently since I lost weight. If anything, I've become a bit friendlier and more confident, and that's made people nicer to me. I do seek a bit more attention from my husband, but I don't dress sexy to impress other men or anything like that. No reason to.

And online? People congratulate me on the loss and tell me to keep going. They say I'm beautiful. But I haven't gotten even one pervy comment. And I kinda prefer it that way.
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    Yeah! I really have no shame admitting that one of the 4 or 5 main reasons for losing weight is to get lots more attention from good looking boys. At the moment I get a standard amount of attention for a girl with a big bum but mostly from guys who are either builders and my dads age, or not very attractive and do it to every woman who walks past regardless of their size, looks or age. Non-english people here may not understand, but for those who are English I trust you know what I mean. Builders driving past in their vans shouting "alright love" out their windows.

So…it's not exactly what I want! None of the attractive guys ever show me any normal and nice attention (asking my name, starting a decent conversation and asking for my number ) - they go for the tall, slim, pretty girls. I can't really help my height or prettiness…but I can help how fit and hot my body looks! Plus losing weight will get some fat of my face which will make it look more attractive.

I'm a 19 year old university student who goes clubbing a lot and I'd really like to be one of those girls who talks to lots of attractive boys when out in clubs and things.

I want to lose weight mainly for myself. However, I count this reason as for myself anyway and have no shame admitting it. That's what I want - not everyone cares about more attention.

University starts soon, so it'll be a test to see how much more attention I get compared to last year. I'm excited :)
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I want less attention and that is why I am losing weight, so I don't stand out.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    For sure! ANd I'm ok with admitting it. It's one of my biggest motivators right now. I haven't had a boyfriend in 2 years, so I'm hoping that a weight loss will up my ante in the dating world - because so far I've been failing epically! :sad: :sad:
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Not "attention" so much, but I'm a freelance model and I feel like if I could get in better shape I might get paid more than gas-money for my gigs :p

And yeah, getting compliments from hubby on my new booty is pretty awesome :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i get no attention over my 150 pounds loss

any at all is a miracle honestly.