Facial tattoos...

Replies

• Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    I used to date this guy and his buddy's girlfriend had vampire teeth capped over her eye teeth and had a blood drop tattooed under her bottom lip. I judged. I am still judging.

hee hee, I like you.

:blushing: :smooched:

The eye teeth are the pointy ones .. lol .. You have your big teeth, then a smaller one next to the big one, then the eye teeth. Its all very technical, as you can see.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    you probably own khakis don't you

problem?

e61dec9608ba8e817919a03507dcb7fa.jpg
    Only problem is dude isn't naked and standing in front of me.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    you probably own khakis don't you

problem?

e61dec9608ba8e817919a03507dcb7fa.jpg
    Only problem is dude isn't naked and standing in front of me.

Word.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Facial tattoos basically make the statement, "I am unemployable."

Unless you want to be a tattoo artist, circus act, or athlete.

You forgot musician. I actually know quite a few people with face tattoos, and almost all of them are musicians. The two exceptions are a fellow that makes his living in leather crafts, and a woman with that tattooed on makeup, if you count that.
  • boonognog
    boonognog Posts: 55 Member
    I'm old enough now that I basically defer judgment until the person opens his/her mouth. Doesn't matter to me whether that person has any tattoos. (I don't have any but after I started getting in shape, I have to admit I thought about it... but then I keep thinking what I would look like when I'm 80...)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." ~Mark Twain
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    I noticed the attendant at the corner store seemed down so I inquired as to what was bothering him. He is probably about 25 or so and has tats all over him, including covering his neck. He said that he can't get going in any careers because no one wants to take on someone with all of the tattoos he has. He stated he was just a stupid kid when he got all the work done and now can't make enough money to get the extensive laser treatments it would require to get them removed. Sad stuff. As adults we must all realize the consequences of our actions and understand the real-world ramifications those actions may have on unexpected aspects of our lives, even if we don't agree with them. As parents, we need to teach our children, starting at a young age, to make good decisions based on all good and bad, present, and possible future consequences.

^ This for the real world.

This doesn't apply to all.
    Is it really that rare to have a real career and be tattooed?

Your right it does not , but facial tats, why would you want to limit your horizens ?
  • I made sure my tats (two of them, btw) were strategically placed due to evening gowns and heels. Many people I deal with are very old school and look down on visible tattoos.

As for judging other people, IDK, I believe we all judge others for something. I try not to though.

I agree with this, I have two tattoos but if I will be going to an upscale location or somewhere that requires black tie attire, which I don't too often, but once in a while I do... I don't want my tattoos showing, although I like my body art, I don't think it matches with certain attire or a certain presentable look I want to achieve for a particular event..
    I don't judge others of course, not on purpose, but i must be honest and say that when I see someone 'at work', at a non-trendy retail place or tattoo shop, and I see visible tattoos on hands or face, I do think to myself that it looks unprofessional
    I hate that this crosses my mind but it does... just as a bunch of other things... like when delivery people come in and deliver something and they are 'on the phone' while they have you sign for things, no eye contact, things like that I consider rude and unprofessional, but that lands more on a pet peeve thing..
    Unfortunately, we will all be judged one way or the other, and let me add that I LOVE tattoos, I love art in general (I'm an artist), but it does make me view someone a certain way, I had a boyfriend that had facial tattoos and I didn't mind it, until we would go somewhere that was a few notches up from a random casual environment type place, then I would feel self conscious for HIM..
    and I guess for me, because anytime you are accompanied by someone, like it or not, they are a reflection of you..
    but in a defensive 'don't judge us' way.. stares and weird looks would bother me and I would feel myself get on defense mode
    That isn't a good feeling. I would think about this and feel torn between, thinking we all have the right to look however we want, dress how we want, and have any look we want without people judging us.. but at the same time, I have always wanted to get a sleeve done, but I don't because I do worry about what others may think or how I will be judged if I do.. It sucks
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    It's a definite commitment.

I'm not a fan, however. If I was hiring a person in a postion that interfaced with the public, then people with facial tattoos would not be considered.

But, the point is, a person that went out and got their face tattooed doesn't really give a shlt about what everyone in a fitness website thinks.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    It's a definite commitment.

I'm not a fan, however. If I was hiring a person in a postion that interfaced with the public, then people with facial tattoos would not be considered.

But, the point is, a person that went out and got their face tattooed doesn't really give a shlt about what everyone in a fitness website thinks.

:drinker:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    [/quote]

Word.
    [/quote]
    LMFAO
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    I judge people who claim they don't judge people based on appearances.

The most judge-able thing about me is that I wear jeans and a unicolor t-shirt, all day, erryday.

ETA:
    As for facial tattoos, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. You're welcome.
    painful-piercings-1.jpg

That's what happens when you are confused and don't have a girlfriend. Ooops, that's me judging again.

Seriously, there's quirky, odd, different, off-the-beaten-path-and then there is "purposely-trying-to-be ugly." That is the latter.

Let's see what happens after he turns 30.
  • If its a penis tattooed on someones face id say they went to far lol, other then that, I don't think about it more then 5 seconds if someone has a tattoo on their face , they can do what they want
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    I judge people who claim they don't judge people based on appearances.

The most judge-able thing about me is that I wear jeans and a unicolor t-shirt, all day, erryday.

ETA:
    As for facial tattoos, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. You're welcome.
    painful-piercings-1.jpg

That's what happens when you are confused and don't have a girlfriend. Ooops, that's me judging again.

Seriously, there's quirky, odd, different, off-the-beaten-path-and then there is "purposely-trying-to-be ugly." That is the latter.

Let's see what happens after he turns 30.

on the plus side, he will never need to buy those 'breathe rite' strips.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member

on the plus side, he will never need to buy those 'breathe rite' strips.

...as if he had money or a job.

I'd totally let him babysit for me though.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    this is just...unfortunate =/

awful-face-tattoos-10.jpg
  • mojohowitz

There's an obscure documentary available on Netflix entitled Erasing Hate. It chronicles the removal of facial, neck and hand tattoos performed an individual in order to make him more employable.

Putting aside the controversial political theme of the movie, objectively it shows the aftermath of tattoo regrets in horrific detail.

article-2055437-0E99D7D600000578-474_964x479.jpg

Bryon Widner was a well known Nazi/Skinhead from Greenfield, IN. Now he is trying to capitalize on his life as a redeemed Nazi. Racist or not, he is still an idiot.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member

There's an obscure documentary available on Netflix entitled Erasing Hate. It chronicles the removal of facial, neck and hand tattoos performed an individual in order to make him more employable.

Putting aside the controversial political theme of the movie, objectively it shows the aftermath of tattoo regrets in horrific detail.

Bryon Widner was a well known Nazi/Skinhead from Greenfield, IN. Now he is trying to capitalize on his life as a redeemed Nazi. Racist or not, he is still an idiot.

I'm assuming you didn't watch the documentary, it wasn't to make him more "employable" it was because he is no longer affiliated with being a Nazi skinhead...
  • mojohowitz

I'm assuming you didn't watch the documentary, it wasn't to make him more "employable" it was because he is no longer affiliated with being a Nazi skinhead...

I'm assuming you didn't read my post. I've seen the documentary several times. He doesn't deserve a shot at redemption.
  • mojohowitz

Do tell. The one is dead.