Replies

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    #humblebrag
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Song Grenade!!! Just when I thought I finally got it out of my head!!!! Do you know how many times I had to blast another song just to get it out of my head!!! (For reference the song that replaced it was Halestorms "Dirty Work")

Back to the playlist for some Dirty Work!

O.o you are my hero.. Halestorm is my favorite band..lol I have seen them 3 times in concert.
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe was a 14 on average....
    Victorian Age women were an average of 14...
    All the best breast sizes are on 14....

14 is perfect...
    Oh don't be daft. You really don't want to pull out the Marilyn Monroe argument. She was NOT a modern size 14.

And there is no across the board "perfect" it's individual preference.
  • release_the_kraken
    Options

14 is perfect...

Marilyn Monroe had a 24-inch waist. My 30-inch waist is a modern size 8.

I read that the size dress she wore was a 14..in some biography book many moons ago. Size 14, stacked right is still nice.

Why is no one talking about the big dude that does the dancing in the video...how does he do that when he is a bigger guy??
    I think I probably weigh less than him and got tired watching him dance..and the splits..really..WTH..how??
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Um... try not to take it so personally or seriously :huh:

In my opinion but the skinny shaming and fat shaming groups need to take a chill pill, relax and enjoy their lives and their music. I honestly doubt she was trying to say she hates skinny girls. I think she was trying to say she isn't going to try to be skinny for a man's benefit and that her mom said she should love her body no matter what size. Not all music has to be taken in its most literal sense.

Reading the lyrics, she's talking about photoshop and silicone and barbie dolls, not women who are thin or have thigh gaps.

She's saying that you don't need a "spot healing tool" or surgery to be beautiful.

Just watched the video. It undercuts the positive message.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    tl;dr

lol_didnt_read_gif_98784.gif
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of listening to the radio last week and heard this song for the first time and it's been stuck in my head ever since. This is why I listen to death metal. No body shaming, they just talk about brutally killing people of all shapes and sizes.

Plus I don't get her annoying voice stuck in my head. Make it stop, please. :(

I like you...........Papa Roach, Last Resort rocks. And believe it or not, I've never wanted to kill myself.

Rock on! :flowerforyou:

Thank you, but Papa Roach isn't death metal. It's rock. I'm talking about Suffocation, Deicide, Pestilence, Death, Mortitian, and of course, Cannibal Corpse. Mortitian has a song called "Hacked up for a Barbecue" or Cannibal Corpse's "Hammer Smashed Face" that was in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. They are brutal with crazy fast speed playing. I don't want to kill or eat people and I'm not into necrophilia, but at least they accept every body shape, size, race, gender. Bless their little cotton socks. lol Oh and you can't understand they lyrics because they growl them pretty much. There is actually a band that uses their dog's growling in it. lol
    You go, metal head! I highly suggest you check out a radio station called KDVS 90.3 out of Davis, CA. College free form radio that live streams around the world and has some crazy good metal shows on Tuesday and Friday nights.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    So it's not ok to like big butts and I can not lie?

<backing out of room>
    Lmfao
  • likitisplit
    Options

14 is perfect...

Marilyn Monroe was a size 10, max.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/mmdress.asp

Yeah, people forget that sizing changes over the years. My mother bought an old WW2 WAC uniform from a thrift shop. She's a size 6/8, and I think the uniform was a size 12 or 14 and it fit her perfectly.

It's the difference between "standard" sizing and "catalog" sizing.

Also, I'm 5'9" and don't get down past a size 8 at my very thinnest. So saying that somebody is a size 14 is kind of meaningless even if sizes didn't change at all.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    She doesn't once tear down anyone in that song. Are you mishearing lyrics or do you just interpret things in a certain way so you can rant?

I love you, but I too found this song to be catchy, but yes, tearing down smaller girls. I actually posted a blog about the same exact thing a while back. So did many other women who aren't curvy and also found this song catchy.

If "every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top" is tearing people down sign me up to be blasted next.
    So long as you're not a "skinny *****."

Which she follows by saying "I'm just playing, I know you think you're fat, but every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top."

If that's the sort of prejudice thin women are facing it's really nothing, and I mean nothing, to get up in arms about.
    Yes. "Just playin'" makes it OK.
  • Tammy_1971
    Tammy_1971 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Don’t think her original lyrics are offensive? Show me ONE hypothetical situation in which calling a girl a “stick-figure silicone Barbie-doll” would not be inappropriate, impolite, or a just plain awful thing to say, and I will donate $200 cash to the charity of your choice.

It's appropriate when you're talking about Valeria Lukyanova ..

The November Coalition appreciates your donation.

LOL...
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of listening to the radio last week and heard this song for the first time and it's been stuck in my head ever since. This is why I listen to death metal. No body shaming, they just talk about brutally killing people of all shapes and sizes.

Plus I don't get her annoying voice stuck in my head. Make it stop, please. :(

I like you...........Papa Roach, Last Resort rocks. And believe it or not, I've never wanted to kill myself.

Rock on! :flowerforyou:

Thank you, but Papa Roach isn't death metal. It's rock. I'm talking about Suffocation, Deicide, Pestilence, Death, Mortitian, and of course, Cannibal Corpse. Mortitian has a song called "Hacked up for a Barbecue" or Cannibal Corpse's "Hammer Smashed Face" that was in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. They are brutal with crazy fast speed playing. I don't want to kill or eat people and I'm not into necrophilia, but at least they accept every body shape, size, race, gender. Bless their little cotton socks. lol Oh and you can't understand they lyrics because they growl them pretty much. There is actually a band that uses their dog's growling in it. lol
    You go, metal head! I highly suggest you check out a radio station called KDVS 90.3 out of Davis, CA. College free form radio that live streams around the world and has some crazy good metal shows on Tuesday and Friday nights.

Oh REAAAAALLY? I will check that out!!! We have such a good death metal scene in my town I wish I could start up a little radio station and broadcast them. I need millions of dollars though. SIGH. Bake sale!
  • likitisplit
    Options

14 is perfect...

I read that the size dress she wore was a 14..in some biography book many moons ago. Size 14, stacked right is still nice.

Why is no one talking about the big dude that does the dancing in the video...how does he do that when he is a bigger guy??
    I think I probably weigh less than him and got tired watching him dance..and the splits..really..WTH..how??

He's fit. Fat doesn't mean unfit.
  • pizza_fiend
    pizza_fiend Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is why I listen to classic rock and country music. Both genres don't care what shape you are as long as you have a vagina and don't look like a foot.

Best post today.

On topic : I thought this was gonna be a post about how ANNOYING this song is, generally. But I agree with OP.
    -descends in the darkness again.-
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    and that's why I fricken :heart: you
  • smelanie504
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's more about loving yourself and not being upset over not being one of those "Photoshopped" women the tabloids display. She herself isn't really a "fat" girl. Definitely not a size "22".

Good for you if your thin, but I've been stuck listening to songs about hot thin chicks my whole life.I live in the south and hear how all good southern women look sexy in their "cut-off jeans" and bikini's. So Maybe we can just enjoy something for a change?

No one is about to tear down Sir-Mix-a lot and He Liked big butts.

This Post annoyed me.

Soo Yeah.

100% this. I like this song but I also listen to 90% country and they're not really the genre to appreciate child-bearing hips. Bigger problems out there in the world, folks.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    She doesn't once tear down anyone in that song. Are you mishearing lyrics or do you just interpret things in a certain way so you can rant?

THIS

It's an attack on the beauty industry. not skinny girls.
    When fashion magazines are photo shopping Kim Kardashian or Jennifer Lawrence to make them look thinner, we have a problem, and that's what this song addresses.
    It isn't hating on thin ladies. I'm for women supporting women but the issue is, only recently have we had any women above a certain size being used in mainstream media therefore there was going to be a backlash from women who don't look like what they've had shoved down their throats.

I find your post very sad, OP.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

14 is perfect...

Size 14 in the 1950s and '60s is not the same size 14 in 2014. There was no size 2 or 0 back then. My mother is 5'7". When she weighed 118 pounds in the 1960s (which on me is a size 3) she wore a size 8. Marilyn was 5'5" and in most of her movies, she was around 118 pounds.

At my absolute heaviest, which was just this side of being considered obese, I was a size 12.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's more about loving yourself and not being upset over not being one of those "Photoshopped" women the tabloids display. She herself isn't really a "fat" girl. Definitely not a size "22".

Good for you if your thin, but I've been stuck listening to songs about hot thin chicks my whole life.I live in the south and hear how all good southern women look sexy in their "cut-off jeans" and bikini's. So Maybe we can just enjoy something for a change?

No one is about to tear down Sir-Mix-a lot and He Liked big butts.

This Post annoyed me.

Soo Yeah.

100% this. I like this song but I also listen to 90% country and they're not really the genre to appreciate child-bearing hips. Bigger problems out there in the world, folks.

This as well
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have to say I love this song. I'm no size 2, but I'm also not 22 (which is not what the song says). The beat is catchy, it's great to dance to. I use it in my Zumba class, which has all sized people in it.
This discussion has been closed.