"All About That Bass" Rant

Options

Replies

• Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm all for ranting about the little thing in life, really I am! I could go on for hours about how people don't respect the "no crumbs in the peanut butter jar" rule, but it's just a song. It's no worse than half the other songs out there. It's a stupid opinion from one girl just trying to make a few bucks with a catchy tune. I hate the song but god help me I've found myself singing it when I'm in the shower.

Just complain about the prices at Starbucks like everyone else if you want to rant and leave the music alone for a while.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    This is why I listen to classic rock and country music. Both genres don't care what shape you are as long as you have a vagina and don't look like a foot.

Ok, so I know what country music is, but what is "classic rock" anyway?

The Kinks - "Destroyer" is a great example of a "classic rock" song.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't like her b/c she's blonde.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of listening to the radio last week and heard this song for the first time and it's been stuck in my head ever since. This is why I listen to death metal. No body shaming, they just talk about brutally killing people of all shapes and sizes.

Plus I don't get her annoying voice stuck in my head. Make it stop, please. :(

I like you...........Papa Roach, Last Resort rocks. And believe it or not, I've never wanted to kill myself.

Rock on! :flowerforyou:

Thank you, but Papa Roach isn't death metal. It's rock. I'm talking about Suffocation, Deicide, Pestilence, Death, Mortitian, and of course, Cannibal Corpse. Mortitian has a song called "Hacked up for a Barbecue" or Cannibal Corpse's "Hammer Smashed Face" that was in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. They are brutal with crazy fast speed playing. I don't want to kill or eat people and I'm not into necrophilia, but at least they accept every body shape, size, race, gender. Bless their little cotton socks. lol Oh and you can't understand they lyrics because they growl them pretty much. There is actually a band that uses their dog's growling in it. lol
  • release_the_kraken
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe was a 14 on average....
    Victorian Age women were an average of 14...
    All the best breast sizes are on 14....

14 is perfect...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    This is why I listen to classic rock and country music. Both genres don't care what shape you are as long as you have a vagina and don't look like a foot.

but fat bottom girls make the rockin' world go 'round :wink:

I'll bet you like your "bicycle, bycycle"

Now That song is in my head....
  • Tammy_1971
    Tammy_1971 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's more about loving yourself and not being upset over not being one of those "Photoshopped" women the tabloids display. She herself isn't really a "fat" girl. Definitely not a size "22".

Good for you if your thin, but I've been stuck listening to songs about hot thin chicks my whole life.I live in the south and hear how all good southern women look sexy in their "cut-off jeans" and bikini's. So Maybe we can just enjoy something for a change?

No one is about to tear down Sir-Mix-a lot and He Liked big butts.

This Post annoyed me.

Soo Yeah.

Yes... thank you.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    She doesn't once tear down anyone in that song. Are you mishearing lyrics or do you just interpret things in a certain way so you can rant?

I love you, but I too found this song to be catchy, but yes, tearing down smaller girls. I actually posted a blog about the same exact thing a while back. So did many other women who aren't curvy and also found this song catchy.

If "every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top" is tearing people down sign me up to be blasted next.

not that part, obviously. It is ok if we don't all see everything the same exact way. I still love all of my friends.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

14 is perfect...

Marilyn Monroe was a size 10, max.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/mmdress.asp
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    All I see are a bunch of people judging people, then saying, "But not to judge."
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    She doesn't once tear down anyone in that song. Are you mishearing lyrics or do you just interpret things in a certain way so you can rant?

I love you, but I too found this song to be catchy, but yes, tearing down smaller girls. I actually posted a blog about the same exact thing a while back. So did many other women who aren't curvy and also found this song catchy.

If "every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top" is tearing people down sign me up to be blasted next.
    So long as you're not a "skinny *****."
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Lol..I love this song..not because of the lyrics but because it makes me want to dance. So buy the karoke version and shake ya tailfeather ! :)
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    My girls (9 and 7) like the song and asked what it was about.

I said that she is saying that it is perfectly ok to love yourself as you are. That you don't have to look like a barbie doll (whose proportions are almost biologically impossible naturally anyways). I told them that beauty is not something that is tied to body size, and neither is being loved.

I told them that they need to realize that they are beautiful as they are - the size and shape they are - and that being healthy is far more important than fitting into a specific size or shape.

I think the song is catchy and fun, and it was a great teaching moment.

But maybe that's me.

I wasn't going to come in here but I saw this.....

::hugs:: :::squeeze::: Mirey!!!!!!!! That is exactly how I took it and what a great way to get that lesson to your girls!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:

Someone is HANGRY. Probably a lot of people based on the posts I've read. You really shouldn't let people get you all distraught over their jealousy. It can't hurt you unless you let it. Haters gonna hate. Just ignore them. There will always be haters no matter what. People hate on chubby chicks as much as skinny chicks get hated. For different reasons, but it's still hate.

Self-acceptance is what young girls need. So I think the message is ok. Does it go too far? Probably. The parts I can't stand the most are the girl's voice (she needs a voice-box removal) and hearing my 13-year-old sister-in-law singing with it on the radio. Singing about men groping women's butts in bed. Nothing better than a child singing about screwing and knowing that's what they singing about. She is going to be pregnant soon, I has a feeling... But that's the mom in me talking, I guess.

Turn off the song if you hates it. I want to stab my ear-drums with a pencil, but thankfully I can think enough to turn it off before I get so desperate.

Yep...that covers it.

And also, I'm still 45 lbs from my goal, but I got catcalled yesterday. Apparently, some men do indeed like big (but not monstrous) butts.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    *retreats back to Rammstein station on Pandora* can't be mad at them, I only know every other word they sing
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of listening to the radio last week and heard this song for the first time and it's been stuck in my head ever since. This is why I listen to death metal. No body shaming, they just talk about brutally killing people of all shapes and sizes.

Plus I don't get her annoying voice stuck in my head. Make it stop, please. :(

I like you...........Papa Roach, Last Resort rocks. And believe it or not, I've never wanted to kill myself.

Rock on! :flowerforyou:

Thank you, but Papa Roach isn't death metal. It's rock. I'm talking about Suffocation, Deicide, Pestilence, Death, Mortitian, and of course, Cannibal Corpse. Mortitian has a song called "Hacked up for a Barbecue" or Cannibal Corpse's "Hammer Smashed Face" that was in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. They are brutal with crazy fast speed playing. I don't want to kill or eat people and I'm not into necrophilia, but at least they accept every body shape, size, race, gender. Bless their little cotton socks. lol Oh and you can't understand they lyrics because they growl them pretty much. There is actually a band that uses their dog's growling in it. lol

I knew this was coming as soon as I read that...
  • ILuvCupcakesNLifting87
    Options

Bahahahahahahahahaha! LMFAO HAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Best damn reply I have read all day! LOVE IT
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

14 is perfect...

Marilyn Monroe had a 24-inch waist. My 30-inch waist is a modern size 8.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

14 is perfect...

Marilyn Monroe was a size 10, max.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/mmdress.asp

Yeah, people forget that sizing changes over the years. My mother bought an old WW2 WAC uniform from a thrift shop. She's a size 6/8, and I think the uniform was a size 12 or 14 and it fit her perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.