What is your go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    What do you eat for breakfast on a regular morning?
    Does it keep you feeling full until lunchtime?

Thanks!

Ideally, it would involve scrambled eggs. In real life, it's often a banana, a slice of seeded whole grain toast with peanut butter, and a glass of milk.
  • lolly715
    Options
    I have four that I rotate depending on the season and time. Generally...

Smoothie - Protein powder, almond milk, reduced calorie OJ, frozen fruit (whatever I have in), chia seeds, peanut/almond butter, ground ginger and cinnamon

Oatmeal - Instant (no sugar added) packet made up with water, protein powder, chia and cinnamon. Topped with a spoon of nut butter and whatever fruit I fancy, generally raspberries.

Protein pancakes - I follow the "Tone It Up" recipe as I like the consistency. Served with berries and a bit of maple syrup.

Yoghurt parfait - Greek yoghurt, lots of fruit, low sugar granola

All of the above are around 300 calories (except the yoghurt - really only have that on days I want to save extra calories for later) and almost always enough to carry me through to lunch.
  • kefryar
    kefryar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt with strawberries and blackberries, I top it off with 1/4 cup KIND quinoa granola clusters at 8:30a. It usually keeps me full until lunch at 12:30, but I try and eat every 3 hours so I have carrots with hummus.
  • Shalva
    Shalva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have chickens so my go to is eggs.

usually I will do 2 soft boiled eggs on 2 slices of double fiber whole wheat bread (70 cals/slice) with butter spray
    or
    2 eggs over easy with 2 slices of toast and spray....

I try to keep hard boiled eggs in the house and yogurt in the house if I am running and need to grab something on the go... like this morning was running late from gym and had to get to fiddle lesson.

If I do the eggs I do weigh them as I never really know what size my eggs are (this morning they were jumbo) and i am pretty full until early afternoon
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    A scoop of cacao protein powder, blended with almond milk and a frozen banana.
  • red66stang
    Options
    1 cup milk, 1 cup tea, 1/2 cup OJ

Homemade egg mcmuffin (1 scrambled egg +1 egg white, 1 chicken sausage patty, 1 cheese slice, 1 whole wheat English muffin) and 1/2 grapefruit.

Works great until about 11 AM, then I start getting hungry and look forward to lunch time.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    30 grams of Kix cereal and 1/2 cup of Light Vanilla Silk and a banana if I have them on hand. Yes it keeps full til lunch time, but I work nights so I eat my main meal at lunchtime
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I won't eat breakfast unless I am hungry. Around 10 or 11 am my stomach wakes up and I usually just do lunch then.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and ground oatmeal in a shake.
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 or 3 eggs, ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, 2-4oz chicken or turkey = omelet style. :) And yes it's very filling.
  • OtakuDev
    OtakuDev Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt with strawberries and blackberries, I top it off with 1/4 cup KIND quinoa granola clusters at 8:30a. It usually keeps me full until lunch at 12:30, but I try and eat every 3 hours so I have carrots with hummus.

@kefryar That sounds yummy!
    Not seen anything like that in my local supermarkets here in the UK. Curious, does anyone ever try other cereals or have a generic rule when selecting your cereal of choice (to eat with your yogurt)?

I wonder if anyone has any breakfast (apologies if I missed any whilst scrolling through) ideas/recipes that could be eaten on-the-go or taken with you whilst, say, traveling on the "subway".
    If I'm in a rush to get to Uni I either eat a banana whilst I walk to the station and/or eat something I may have in my bag during a lecture OR buy something.

This year I want to try to avoid buying food from outside as much as I can. It's the only way I can have more control over my calorie and fat consumption. Breakfast bars, cookies, flapjacks are no good :(

@carolineat111
    That sounds delicious! Would it be bad if I used cut up chicken slices when making a chicken omelet or should I be using some other type? :0 I've always wondered what OTHER people do but never ever had anyone to ask.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of Greek yogurt with berries and 1/4 cup of homemade granola. If no fresh berries are available I will use frozen berries (not my favorite) or a teaspoon of jam or honey. Fills me up and lasts until lunchtime easily
  • OtakuDev
    OtakuDev Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks @shanaber :) I will give that a go. I have a recipe for healthy homemade granola somewhere in my bookmarks I may try some point soon. Otherwise I could always pop some Jordans granola (only because it's my favourite).

I used to do shakes as my breakfast thing a while back. Banana + approx. 350ml Semi-Skim milk = A Yummy shake!
    I'd prefer using larger (longer?) bananas in the same amount of milk to make it taste more dense and sweeter. I've never tried taking it on-the-go before.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options

@kefryar That sounds yummy!
    Not seen anything like that in my local supermarkets here in the UK. Curious, does anyone ever try other cereals or have a generic rule when selecting your cereal of choice (to eat with your yogurt)?

I wonder if anyone has any breakfast (apologies if I missed any whilst scrolling through) ideas/recipes that could be eaten on-the-go or taken with you whilst, say, traveling on the "subway".
    If I'm in a rush to get to Uni I either eat a banana whilst I walk to the station and/or eat something I may have in my bag during a lecture OR buy something.

This year I want to try to avoid buying food from outside as much as I can. It's the only way I can have more control over my calorie and fat consumption. Breakfast bars, cookies, flapjacks are no good :(

@carolineat111
    That sounds delicious! Would it be bad if I used cut up chicken slices when making a chicken omelet or should I be using some other type? :0 I've always wondered what OTHER people do but never ever had anyone to ask.

You can always try making your own bars and granola - it is pretty easy and you can control the ingredients to your taste and requirements. For example the recipe I had for granola called for a large amount of oil and honey (1/3 Cup oil and 1 Cup honey) - i reduced it down to what will still work and is acceptable for me (1.5 Tbl of oil and 1/3 Cup honey). It also called for dried fruit which I don't care for much in my granola. I also vary the grains to what I like (oats, rye, barley, etc).
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a breakfast smoothie usually with spinach, banana, oats, cocoa powder and soy milk. Sounds odd but it's delicious. It keeps me full until around 10:30am then I have some kind of fruit as a snack to hold me over until lunch.
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast in two parts nowadays--one small snack before my workout (usually a protein bar) and then a bigger meal for my "am snack"--usually either eggs (1 whole, 5 or 6 whites) and toast (2 slices light bread) or protein powder + cereal / oatmeal. If I've worked out that day, I'm always hungry for another snack before eating lunch around 11 or 12! loooove breakfast!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Caffeine . And yes it does.
  • mohannedalnammi
    Options
    2 slices of toast with 2 eggs and 2 slices of low fat cheese.The egg part is what keeps me full till lunch Plus i drink about 2-3 cups of coffee with coffee mate sugar free in between.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    2 quest bars coz im lazy *kitten*! lol or two bread roll with jam on it!
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    whole wheat tortilla heated in a skillet with 1/4 cup refried navy beans -- if very hungry I'll add a hard boiled egg chopped up and wrap the whole thing-- plus a little hot sauce for kick.