How long did it take you to lose 30 pounds or more?

Options

Replies

• It's taken me 4 months so far to lose 45.5 lbs , and I still have 80 lbs to lose... but I'm very pleased averaging 10 lbs a month

I've been working my *kitten* off to lose the weight and I also cut out all "processed" foods by cooking literally everything from scratch myself. I've also stopped eating gluten (and most starches).

Good luck with your progress :flowerforyou:
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    So I know that this weight loss is going to take a while. So far I've lost 8 pounds in the 8 or 9 weeks I've been doing this, so I'm on track. I just need a little inspiration or validation sometimes. I see so many people on here who have lost 30+ pounds but never says how long it took them. I guess I kind of need that to put things in perspective. I keep telling myself that if I keep this up, I should really see big changes by my birthday in December. But some times, I really wish I could see some immediate impact though that is completely unrealistic. (Being hormonal right now probably isn't helping the mood either).

Anyway, I know I'll get there. I just want to hear other people's experience with time vs weight loss.

9 weeks to lose 30llbs.1500 cals daily approx PLUS. 100 mins exercise daily.
    11 weeks is now37 llbs.
    diary is public if you are still tracking.
    g luck.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Men supposedly lose faster than women, and I have been walking every day and not eating back all of my calories, and I'm still a long ways from my goal (the first pounds are faster than the last pounds): it took me about 6-7 weeks to lose 30 lbs..
  • Since I only had about 35 total to lose, I've been taking it slowly. At the three month mark, I'm down about 20 pounds. I imagine I'll be at 30 pounds lost by November or so.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I did it in 4 months, but it was hard work.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    About 6 months.
  • ThomasGinter
    ThomasGinter Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started out with about 67lbs. to lose. It has taken me about 4.5 months to drop the first 30.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    It took me 120 days to lose 30lbs. Another 30 to go.
  • jrpenafiel
    Options
    It took me 88 days to lose 31 pounds ^_^.
  • GreatGuy07
    GreatGuy07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Took me about 5 months to lose the first 30 lbs. still got 20 something pounds to go! Keep at it and remember to push through plateus.
  • kristyloz75
    Options
    I lost 27 lbs since july 1st/2014!!!
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started getting back to health again June 1, 2014 and I'm close to the 30 pound mark. Eveyone is different. I have been very consistent in my chosen method: Around 1200 calories daily, and exercising 3 times a week 20 min to 60 min (would like to do more but I have a lot of extra responsibilities in my life), relaxation/deep breathing/posture isometrics as a drive (I do a lot in my work), and eating all of my caories at least 5 days per week within an 8 hour period (intermittent fasting). I've also had good support and positive reinforcement from my husband. I'm feeling better again. Good luck to you and hopes and prayers that we can maintain. In addition, I'm pretty close to my goal weight. I'd like to lose 5-8 more pounds.
  • samimac7
    samimac7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 9 months to loose 30 pounds. It took me 7 months to loose the first 25 pounds and 2 months to loose the last 5 pounds. I have decided to loose 5 more pounds, I will let you know how long it takes me. I check in everyday and eat my allowed 1200 cal per day. I exercise 40 minutes every day, I found something I like and do it all the time. My husband says to change my exercise but I feel like if it works don't fix it.
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Took me two and a half months to loose 30lbs.
  • jackjb2
    jackjb2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I lost 160lbs in one day! The day my divorce became final! Actually I lost 30 lbs in 4 months
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread from 2013. OP has lost zero lbs since August of 2013. I don't think the motivation is working, guys!
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 months to lose the first 30 pounds. Now, I'm down to like 4 pounds lost a month. It's super lame.

The bigger you are, the harder you all. The more fat you have to lose, the quicker it comes off at first. Then, a slow down.
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    February 15, 2014 - 261lbs
    Today - 223.5

It takes time. It takes ups and downs. It takes discipline. It takes dedication and slip ups. If you really want it, you will get there. :smile:
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread from 2013. OP has lost zero lbs since August of 2013. I don't think the motivation is working, guys!

I was JUST wondering that as the date was from 2013-if op had taken it off in the years time.
  • robinschwalb
    robinschwalb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, reading it helped me.