Biggest Weight Loser - Purple Team

Options

Replies

• faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    This is why I like having an elliptical at home. I used for like, the third time ever today. What a workout!

Third time on the elliptical...EVER? Really? Good for you!!! Keep it up! 13.gif How long have you had it? I wish I had one at home, but I wouldn't know where to put it. We live in a cramped townhouse right now. Besides, I'm not sure if I would have the willpower to actually get on it myself at home. When I go to the gym, I know what I'm there for and I can stay focused. At home...I'm not sure if I could stay focused long enough at home.

My husband bought it before I even met him. It's been sitting in our den waiting to be used. Every now and then he uses it and I used it twice not long after I moved in, but elliptical training isn't something you can do when you're pregnant - we had an oopsie about a month after we got married. When I got the okay to exercise again I just never really considered the elliptical as a serious option.

I was reading The Biggest Loser weight loss guide book the other day and I noticed that elliptical training was something that was listed as an option for cardio and it was like, "Oh, yeah! We have one of those!" :bigsmile:

It's in our junk room which we mockingly call the "den." Our house is small, too, but we keep it relatively uncluttered (except for the den) and that gives us more space for the extras. If you don't have anywhere else to put it, a room-sized closet will do. :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry for giving you the long version. I ramble sometimes.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Well I had a rough week. Fay shut down the gym for two days, but that didn't matter because I ended up getting a nice sinus/cold thing that is finally going away. So I missed out on four days of gym time. The good thing is, I didn't gain any weight, but I didn't lose anything either. But I am feeling better and have been back to the gym since Monday.

Hope all is well.

Well, at least you didn't gain any. How is the weather holding up out there anyway?

The weather here has been sunny, with a few scattered showers, but things are drying up very nicely. Although I see that we have many disturbances out at sea and unfortunatly it looks like another hurricane is going to hit the New Orleans area. We live in the jax, FL area and as much as I wanted to move here after I got out of the military, I am ready to move a little further north and experience the seasons again.

But the good thing is, I have lost a few pounds already this week since Monday! Yeah!
  • cre13
    cre13 Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm just waiting on 3 of our teammates to send in thier stats...I'm gonna send them a message just in case they forgot, once I have those I will post them up immediately. I'm so happy :bigsmile:

Welcome to our team, Cre13 :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much! What stats do I need to post?
  • cre13
    Options
    I'm new to this site and to the Purple Team!!

Go Team!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:

Welcome to the BEST team Cre13! Y our gonna make us proud:drinker:

Thank you so much!!
    -Chirleen
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Do you want us to e-mail you are current weights, or just post them every Wednesday?
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Do you want us to e-mail you are current weights, or just post them every Wednesday?

I think I read somewhere else that we were NOT to post them, just to email or message them to her.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site and to the Purple Team!!

Go Team!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:

I was in such a hurry earlier (and dodging the boss lady 2012.gif) that I didn't see you. Welcome to our team and the site!! 3.gif
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    OomarianneoO ...lol :laugh: I'm anxious to change mine as well :flowerforyou:

I decided earlier today, it is unfair to keep everyone hanging, so I'm gonna post them at 11pm.

PeckSun8 - email them to me and I will post them every Wednesday night.

Cre13 - Currently you only need to let me know what your measurements are...you can send them in a message or post them here. It's up to you :flowerforyou:
  • cre13
    Options
    Ok. I'm house sitting for my father-in-law right now and can't get you my current measurements b/c my tape measure is at home. i can give you my measurements as of 8-23

CHEST: 50"
    HIPS: 55"
    NECK: 16"
    WAIST: 44"

Weight: 273 lbs
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    I missed sending in my measurements so here they are...
    chest: 33.5"
    hips: 42.5"
    waist: 40"
    neck: 13"
    thighs: 26.5"
    Wow- It is crazy to see those #'s. Here's to losing inches everyone!:drinker:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Ok, Thank You, Ladies :flowerforyou: Can I have ribcage as well?

Note: Our team ststa are up! :bigsmile:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Good evening!!! I am reporting in at 235... thats 2lbs lost. I have been a little busy this week but I will get to my workouts soon. Take Care. How do I get the cool purple ticker to represent the purple team???
  • reet34
    reet34 Posts: 47
    Options
    Go Purple,

Welcome to our new members :smile:

in the quest for success I have just had my first session with the Gym instructor and have a new program both cardio and weights to work to.

Yesterday I came home hungry and ate all my dinners worth of calories in my snack. :frown:

Normally I would have gone "oh well" and had my normal tea but I kept thinking Nope your on a team, so I got up and went for a 1/2 hour run and ate very small tea.

I know it sounds small but for me it felt like a big victory. Sounds silly even writing it but I really really want to lose weight and not let me or my team down. In 30 days I'm going on holiday for a week in the sun so that's a big motivator as well.

Also I am trying to purchase Jillian Michaels 30 day shed DVD - but can't seem to find it anywhere in Australian shops. I will try and purchase on line. Any recommendations...?

Go Purple Go Purple Go Purple!!!

Cheers Moreeta
  • reet34
    reet34 Posts: 47
    Options
    HI Cantelitas,

where do we look to see the team statistics?

thanks
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    Good evening!!! I am reporting in at 235... thats 2lbs lost. I have been a little busy this week but I will get to my workouts soon. Take Care. How do I get the cool purple ticker to represent the purple team???
    Hi and welcome! 3.gif

Here ya go! Feel free to copy it, save it, and use it all you want!
    goprplemfp.png
  • Canelitas
    Options
    All together we lost a total of 25lbs of fat!!! :bigsmile:

You will find our teams stats in the "Biggest Weight Loser- Wk 2" thread.

"Ticker" OomarianneoO - created the cool pic we use in our tickers, look for it in the other purple team thread in the 2nd page. Right click on image and save it to your computer, then simply update your ticker by going to the ticker tab and "personalizing it" it.

I only lost 2, but that's ok with me :wink:

Great Job everyone, Keep it up! :drinker:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Oh Thank You OomarianneoO - I waswas about to go on a treasure hunt :tongue:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    Go Purple,

Welcome to our new members :smile:

in the quest for success I have just had my first session with the Gym instructor and have a new program both cardio and weights to work to.

Yesterday I came home hungry and ate all my dinners worth of calories in my snack. :frown:

Normally I would have gone "oh well" and had my normal tea but I kept thinking Nope your on a team, so I got up and went for a 1/2 hour run and ate very small tea.

I know it sounds small but for me it felt like a big victory. Sounds silly even writing it but I really really want to lose weight and not let me or my team down. In 30 days I'm going on holiday for a week in the sun so that's a big motivator as well.

Also I am trying to purchase Jillian Michaels 30 day shed DVD - but can't seem to find it anywhere in Australian shops. I will try and purchase on line. Any recommendations...?

Go Purple Go Purple Go Purple!!!

Cheers Moreeta

I have to say...I thought about this team the entire time I was at the gym today! Kept me going. Thanks to all on the PURPLE TEAM!
  • net60
    net60 Posts: 5
    Options
    new here where doyou go see the stats
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Hey Net60 - You can see them here ....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23565-biggest-weight-loser-wk-2

Go towards the end of the page! :flowerforyou: