5'3 195 pounds

Options

Replies

• minygrl
    minygrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 5'3" and 189# this morning. I recently checked my BMI and found out that I'm officially obese. I have several aches and pains that I know will go away with some weight loss. Please count me in. Do you all have a plan? I'm formulating a new one for myself that I hope will help me change my way of eating. Obviously what I've been doing isn't working - even though I'm a pretty active person. I'm ready to change!
  • kwarner87
    kwarner87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", started at 255 and down to 232. My current goal is to get to 190 and then I'll set another goal. I have 3 boys (4 months, 2 years & 5 years). Their father and I recently separated so exercise is hard to do. I started Insanity 4 weeks ago and was doing great and then Labor Day got me off track. I have 3 5k's in the next 3 weeks so hopefully they will help motivate me to get back to it.

A quote I saw on Pinterest the other day that I absolutely love.... " I is the only difference between FIT & FAT "
  • mirandag57
    mirandag57 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5'3" 199 here! :) SW: 250 GW: 145
  • miinorawr
    miinorawr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft 3 and today weigh 13st 4 (186lbs) my long term goal is 9st 7. Every pound down is a step in the right direction :D we can do this! Feel free to add me~
  • foreternity1981
    foreternity1981 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do we have any runners or Turbofire-lovers in the group? I got started with TF and still love it to this day! I was super strict about 1200 calories a day and then just exercised and ate back my exercise cals. This worked well but I got off track in the Spring of this year and I've struggled to get back in the game. It is so easy to slide back into old, lifelong habits :(

I also love to run and in May, I ran my first half marathon. I'd signed up for my second (this past weekend) but A) I weigh more than I did in May and B) I'd not trained well at all, so I downgraded to the 10k. And I can tell you, I felt miserable doing it - like such a failure. That was my rock-bottom moment, I think. So back at 'er! And now that I'm not training for a long running event, I'm going to start a new program - Combat or Turbo Fire/CLX Hybrid. Is anyone interested in starting *something* on Monday and holding each other accountable? Or if you're already into a program, join in and just help to keep everyone in check!

-K
  • SamNicoll
    SamNicoll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bang on 5ft here, age 53.

SW 182
    CW 131
    GW 126 (fairly arbitrary number I decided on a good while back so likely to keep plodding until I get to 120).

51lb gone, and staying gone, but it's slow going! Little + relatively Light = hard work to achieve a significant calorie deficit even with exercise, especially over 50!

Feel free to add!
  • NikkiBrown1969
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft 2ins and just under 200lbs, I lost about 3 stone a few years ago but its crept back on again.
    Im now logging everything I eat and working out the calories properly instead of guessing and Ive been quite surprised at how much I deluded myself..
  • beautifuldisasta
    beautifuldisasta Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi I added you, I'm 5'3 and have 99lbs to lose, I log daily and would love to help motivate each other, anyone's free to add me also :)
  • nickiechan
    nickiechan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am going to introduce myself in this thread. I am 4'11" and CW is 164.6. I have lost weight and gained it back since having two children. My lowest I've ever been is 117lbs, which is around where I would like to be.
  • jc_0324
    Options
    5'3 185. I would love to drop at least 30 for starters!!!!
  • crystalstinson7
    crystalstinson7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my starting weight was 185lbs. That was pre-MFP. When I joined here it was 179lbs. I'm currently 143lbs. I gained 2lbs since my last check in on here. :ohwell: I've plateaued for a while now, and just recently started gaining a little. Diet and exercise has remained consistent so I'm not very happy about the gain. I know the numbers are small, but it's scary. Especially when I'm so close to my original goal of 135lbs. I'd love more friends for support and encouragement! Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • jillbeckman
    jillbeckman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sad to say, I have been on a sort of roller coaster. I am 5'4" and currently 180lbs. About 4 years ago I went on a tremendous weight-loss and overall health journey. I started at around 207 and in less than a year had made it down to about 135 (briefly). Obviously, I haven't kept it off. But nowadays I cannot do ANY normal daily activities (get dressed, look in the mirror, take pictures with friends, eat a meal, walk to the class, carry heavy items, etc...) without losing every bit of self-confidence I have.

I have lately gotten to the point where I just can't take that feeling anymore so I am determined, once again, to get on track and take charge of my health. One thing I learned the first time around is that I NEED support from others. I am on myfitnesspal to do just that! Reading stories, seeing transformation pictures, reading tips and blogs, and learning new recipes helps me so much.

I am looking for women (like myself) who need a small (or large??) support system to make it to my goals!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I started this journey at 198lbs, 5.3ft.
    Even though I'm still 5.3ft and I don't expect much change about it, I'm now 150lbs. It's possible to lose weight, a lot of weight for us short girls.

I'm nowhere near goal (128lbs) but I do know now that it is possible.

Be proud of each and every progress, no matter how tiny. They all add up in the long run and, someday, it shows.

It's an awesome feeling when you see and feel a difference. Keep at it!
  • bunnypanther
    Options
    5'5 here! Actually started just shy of 13st. Got to 10st12, then lost the plot! Am now 11st7...goal is when I feel happy!! 10 to 10st 7 ish.

Feel free to add me.

My downfall is not really food...its wine! Trying to change that and have joined a gym...now if I could get my *kitten* in the gym regularly I think I might get somewhere!! :D
  • lesleychev
    lesleychev Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 5'3 and 198lbs.

Lots loads of weight 4 years ago walking and doing SW but met my now Husband and it all crept back on.
    I have Arthritis and the pain recently is increasing and I don't want to end up wheelchair bound so these excess is going :-)

We can do this.
  • janhiness
    janhiness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'2 219 pounds. I'm not sure what my goal is.
  • sara2b123
    sara2b123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can count on me too! I'm 5'1" and currently 212, starting from 230. Let's do it!
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    5'4'' and 201. Nearly 2 years ago I lost 41 pounds. Then my son spent four days in PICU and I spent four days eating like crap to make myself feel better, then an entire summer eating like crap, then an entire year. And now I'm miserable. 13 years ago I lost 91 pounds in 8 months. I felt awesome and I want to feel that way again!
  • babushka700
    babushka700 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 189 pounds. I started at 216. Before I got to that weight a year and a half ago I hovered in the 170s for a long time. While I might be biased, I feel extra weight is harder for short girls because it is more compact and I felt it was really hard just moving around at my high weight and I'm in my early thirties. Yes, love and support for all of us...here's to health and happiness!
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 5'3 and I am currently 191.9lbs I started the beginning of July 2013 at 265lbs. I did really well until January when my doc started "adjusting" my thyroid meds. The adjustments through me off for a bit, and I gained approximately 10lbs back. I am back on track now and have continued to lose. I am 38 years old and a mother of four. My eldest is 21, and is currently pregnant, so I'm soon to be a grandmother too! Add me if you want to!