Food oddities?

Options

Replies

• sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Stewed tomatoes straight from the can cold and ovaltine by the spoonful.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Sweet cocoa mix by the spoonful and chocolate pudding mix. Also spaghetti with butter and ketchup.
    Walnuts covered with honey and cinnamon. Plain ricotta cheese straight out of the container. Just the pumpkin pie filling-not the crust. Raw egg mixed hard with lots of sugar-a childhood treat. Crusty fresh bakery bread spread with sweetened condensed milk-another childhood treat! Graham crackers broken up in milk.
    Oh, I could go on and on.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    i thought i was the only cake mix eater it later evolved to melting butter into the mix and stirring in frosting
    Now THAT I never thought of! I probably shouldn't try it....could get dangerous for a person like me. Lol :laugh:
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I like to put mustard and jelly together and spread it on bagels...

I also like dipping breads/toasts into yogurt for some reason

I also only like cereal if it is cold...like LITERALLY COLD. As in put it in freezer cold.

I also like putting green peas in oatmeal.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid a would just sit in front of the TV with a bag of sugar and a spoon. Seriously how did I get fat?

I also used to shred string cheese and wrap it around goldfish crackers.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Laugh all you want....but today I found myself eating a frozen toaster strudel. Like, straight from the freezer. And it was actually delicious. Crunchy and sweet.

I also used to eat cake mix straight from the box. Just powdered, with a spoon. I'd take a spoonful or two and I guess I liked the texture. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I do that with frozen waffles... which I am now craving... thanks.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I know this is going to sound awful but it's good. Speghetti and ranch.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Hot cornbread mixed in whole milk, a treat from childhood.
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Stewed tomatoes straight from the can cold

This used to be one of my faves when I was in my twenties! Totally used to gross all my friends out. Also chicken corn chowder cold from the can. Hey, I had to save my money for beer back then. Ha! These days I just really enjoy making my family squirm by dipping my grilled cheese in ketchup and eating liverwurst sandwiches and breathing really heavily every time they come near me.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    An omelet stuffed with apple sauce and cheese slice. My whole family LOVED this growing up. It doesn't seem to have the same appeal now, in fact, it's a little revolting. I don't know when I lost the taste for it.

Cream corn, straight out of the can, add a little milk and a lot of pepper. That's still awesome.
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Banana and pickled onion sandwich.....fresh white bread and butter, sweet squishy banana, sour crunchy onion....YUM :blushing:
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My aunt likes to dip her fries into a shake before eating them :sick:
    I've never really liked bologna because to me it was always slimy looking but my husband made me a fried bologna sandwich early on when we 1st met and now that's the only way Ill eat it :tongue:
    I haven't had 1 in forever and the 1st time I did, I grossed my husband out....pickle, pb and cheese sandwich :love:
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I used to stuff hot dog buns with paprika flavoured chips and eat as a snack :laugh:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Mustard by the spoonful from the jar.

When I was pregnant, I used to eat lemons like they were oranges and sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. Now I can eat a couple of wedges, but not like I used to.

We grew up eating spaghetti & peanut butter sandwiches. Mom always kept peanut butter on the table and I didn't really like how acidic the tomato sauce was, so I'd eat it like that. ha!
  • TestingFun01
    TestingFun01 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Butter and ketchup sandwhich.

Marmite and butter sandwhich dipped in strawberry milk.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon on everything
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Nothing particularly odd right now. When I was a kid, I ate ketchup on saltine crackers (a whole sleeve) while watching Saturday morning cartoons (pre cartoon network era). Then when I got a little older I would take half a loaf of white bread and layer it with canned, Armor chili and sliced cheese, then microwave and eat. No wonder I wound up topping out at 408.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I used to eat the instant hot chocolate by the spoonful. I would also eat instant oatmeal without mixing any water.

Then there were the Miracle Whip sandwiches. Just MW on white bread. My dad finally told me I had to do more than that, so I added cheddar cheese (that is still something I would eat, though I haven't had one in years).
  • markrichtsspraytan
    Options
    There's nothing like a cheese and chips sandwich. White bread, Lay's potato chips (or Ruffles, but no special flavors) and a slice of yellow American cheese. Haven't had this in ages, but we used to eat them at sleepaway camp all the time.