What do/did you hate most about being fat?

Options

Replies

• nikkiworld2
    nikkiworld2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Having a hard time bending over to put on shoes & socks, & picking up things. Being out of breath after only walking up 1 flight of stairs, or just walking one block. Not being able to wear certain types of clothing. Always buying dark colored, and/or loose fitting tops so my 'roll' isn't so visible. Just looking and feeling bloated all the time. Snoring. Worrying about my health.
  • nikkiworld2
    nikkiworld2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ...oh yeah, and pictures, ughh! Hate having my picture taken, & therefore, don't do it - so not many pictures of me. Instead, I am the picture taker.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    All the above...

- Pictures of me, yuck!
    - Sweat and chafing (not just thighs, but underboob as well.)
    - Constantly having drips on the top of my chest because there was so much chest to get a forkful of food over, and it would spill.
    - Clothes shopping.
    - Unbearably hot during the summer.

the list goes on...
  • merfhur
    merfhur Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Constantly being the fat friend on nights out.
    Not being able to wear the clothes I like.
    Feeling self-concious during sex (maybe TMI).
    Not being able to enjoy summer because I was too self-concious of showing any skin.
    Feeling like people judged me when eating out.
    Being tagged in photos.
    Constantly being too warm.
    Chub rub.

I could go on and on, but I think they're the most important.
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    boob sweat - I hate that!!
  • hippalottame
    Options
    I've read all these comments and nodded along in agreement.

I like me but I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT BEING FAT!!!
    I want the outside me to reflect the inside me.
    I want to LOOK like I FEEL and I can't do that effectively being heavy.

Might be different if people treated you the same either way but most of them don't and that's the reality of it.

hopefully I'm learning the value of appearance without the shallowness.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Things I hated about being fat...
    1. Pictures
    2. Mirror
    3. How I felt, tired and out of breath
    4. Avoiding family functions because I hate being the fat one
    5. Clothes shopping
    6. Swimsuits

Wow the list could go on and on. I've still got 10 more pounds to lose but man I feel so much better now after losing over 40 pounds. This post is a good reminder of why we should stay the course and not gain this back!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I always hate seeing myself in pictures or in the mirror. That's what I hate the most. I don't like being so uncomfortable in my own body that I can't stand to look at myself. I don't like being so uncomfortable in my body that I pushed my wedding back an entire year so I could lose weight because I was terrified of how I would look in my dress and in the pictures!

I don't have a problem with seats, but I always worry about clothes.

I hate being the fat friend.
  • IsaCaliBel
    IsaCaliBel Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Being uncomfortable in clothes!!!
    Ugh, has to be the worst feeling for me!

73529108.png
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Laying down and having my boobs in my throat
    Seeing myself in pictures
    Feeling uncomfortable in public (especially if food is involved)
    Snide comments from strangers
    Worrying about not fitting into a seat/uniform/isle/behind someones chair in a dining room/harnesses or gear.

The only two that still really bug me are

Chub Rub
    and
    Strangers saying I need to loose weight because they're worried about my health. (B--- please. You just don't like looking at my rolls lol)
  • charmy98
    charmy98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh I am with you on that one, it took me all my time to actually put a picture of myself on my profile! One day I will be proud to have my picture taken.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Being marked by my clothing.
    Knee pain.
    Being invisible to men (im serious).
    Bras don't fit right (boobs don't gain as much as rest of body - I told you, I'm abnormal!)
    Refusing to buy fat clothes and wearing out everything I have that still fits.

On a plus side, I'm not THAT fat so it's definitely reversible.
  • homie_94
    Options
    Not being able to fit into the clothes I used to (which i totally took for granted) ugh
    Sex haha Im just not as comfy anymore
    FOR MYSELF! I just dont like my weight right now. waking up in the morning, looking at the mirror with those extra kgs.. ahh.
  • mimitvass
    mimitvass Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The fact that I got asked the are you pregnant question over and over 6 months after I had my daughter I lost 40lbs I dont get asked that question now but I still have 15 more to get to my goal
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I hated having to buy tops that wouldn't show my muffin top. And I seriously hated being in a swimsuit around others. I just had no confidence.
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    ugh my abdominal apron
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    What I hate the most about being fat, is being JUDGED.

What I USED to hate the most about being fat was
    1) My other sisters making comments about my weight or what I was eating
    2) Being watched while eating in public places even if it was something like a salad
    3) Having doctors throw phentermine at me and give me a blanket diagnosis of "It's because of the weight" instead of actually looking into why I had the problems I did/do
    4) Feeling awkward grocery or clothes shopping because of how obese people are made to feel in social settings of any kind
    5) Having strangers tell me "We don't have anything in your size" when I wasn't even in that section of the store for me, I was gift shopping for others
    6) Being told "You have such a pretty face, if only......."
    7) Not being asked to partake in certain events because people think I can't keep up/will get winded/not in good enough shape to do what they're doing

I USED to think that way. Now I know, and I learned this before I even started dropping most of this weight, that the reality is people suck. I DON'T SUCK. *PEOPLE* SUCK. I love myself. I love myself fat. I love myself 80 lbs lighter but still fat. I will love myself after I lose the entire 260 + lbs I need to lose. In the meantime all these demotivators can suck a big one, because THEY are the problem, not me.

That is all. :)
  • PhoebeGrey
    Options
    I've already posted what I hate most about being fat and the long list of additional things that have been added by MFP's could fill a book. I just wanted to thank everyone for their honesty. I often hear of overweight people saying that their weight doesn't bother them, it bother's other people but if that were the case we wouldn't be here. We didn't gain the weight for their benefit so why would we lose it for them.
    We're here because we're just plain sick and tired of it for ALL of the reasons listed on this Topic. Won't it be wonderful when we don't have to feel this way any more? Let's keep at it, let's work together to get it one. For ourselves and no one else. We deserve to be happy and feel good about ourselves. :flowerforyou:
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Having to buy "fat clothes" online, since nobody carries my size.

Having to buy "fat bras" and "fat underwear" online, since nobody carries my size.

Not being able to fit into some restaurant booths and feeling totally embarrassed about it and having to switch seats or leave.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    In no particular order, the things I've hated recently:

Not fitting/fear of not fitting in airplane seat, stadium seat, theatre seat, amusement park ride;

The look I get when someone thinks I'm going to be sitting next to (on top of!) them in above mentioned seats;

Having to pass through to get to a middle seat - where does one put their azz?

Too ashamed to go swimming.

Boob sweat.