annoying things

Options

Replies

• Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I find people on those very very loud bikes absolutely annoying. I find it deafening and I think they just feel the need to compensate small reproductive organs with loud noise.

Loud pipes save lives, lady. It has nothing to do with genitalia.

Agree 100%! How many times have you not seen a motorcycle while driving? But if you hear one that is loud, you look twice. Heck, Loud pipes on a motorcycle should be mandatory on all street bikes.
    i absolutely agree with this. my boyfriend just got a bike, and i have a feeling i will end up being very grateful for how loud they are.

I am happy to report that I never had an "oh, ****" moment where I didn't notice a biker, someone on a bicycle or pedestrian.
    I also don't mind them so much when I am in my own car with the windows closed, but it is very annoying as a pedestrian. You as the rider have a helmet on and might not hear it as loud especially as the noise comes out behind you. I

By your theory if I have a quiet car I should drive around honking the whole time. i might try that. Or maybe I will honk when I pass you by. i bet you will thank me :)
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    People

QFT
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    6-syllable words.
    monkeys flinging poop at me.
    Justin Bieber.
    daylight savings time.
    lactose intolerance.
    hipsters.
    bad puns.
    restraining orders.
    Seahawks fans.
    ESPN.
    haircuts.
    gum chewers.
    France.
    quinoa.
    mortgage payments.
    people assuming i'm a pothead just because i live in Colorado.
    stubbed toes.
    Prius drivers.
    lap dogs.
    stop and go traffic.
    a jury summons.
    Crocs.
    hail storms.
    Fran Drescher's voice.
    tailgating drivers.
    heartburn.
    Police Academy movies.
    pizza snobs.
    plastic grocery bags.
    property taxes.
    drum circles.
    self-absorbed people.
    Dane Cook.
    high gas prices.
    lawyers.
    lists of annoying things.

:drinker:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I find people on those very very loud bikes absolutely annoying. I find it deafening and I think they just feel the need to compensate small reproductive organs with loud noise.

Agree 100%! How many times have you not seen a motorcycle while driving? But if you hear one that is loud, you look twice. Heck, Loud pipes on a motorcycle should be mandatory on all street bikes.
    i absolutely agree with this. my boyfriend just got a bike, and i have a feeling i will end up being very grateful for how loud they are.

I am happy to report that I never had an "oh, ****" moment where I didn't notice a biker, someone on a bicycle or pedestrian.
    I also don't mind them so much when I am in my own car with the windows closed, but it is very annoying as a pedestrian. You as the rider have a helmet on and might not hear it as loud especially as the noise comes out behind you. I

By your theory if I have a quiet car I should drive around honking the whole time. i might try that. Or maybe I will honk when I pass you by. i bet you will thank me :)
    your theory is ridiculous, and you sound very uneducated. motorcycles are on roads shared with cars, trucks, SUVs and larger motorized vehicles. Motorcycles by comparison are very small and easily fall into a person's blind spot. I'm certain the loud volume of them has saved lives on a number of occasions. For the most part, bicycles and pedestrians either a) are not on the roads or b) have their own designated lane on roads.

while i'm happy for you that you have not yet almost hit a biker (motorcycle), that doesn't give your blanket statement any validity. don't be an idiot.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Believe me, it's just as loud directly on top of the bike as it is next to it.

I'm glad that you have such excellent situational awareness that you've never not noticed a biker, but a lot of people don't. I'd rather mildly annoy pedestrians with loud pipes than have someone multitasking in their car not notice my bike in the lane that they decide to merge into without looking because they think it's clear.

As far as honking your horn goes, if you want to go around antagonizing bikers, then that's on you, madam.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    People who clip at 10 fingernails at work. Do your personal grooming at home!!

OMG that is so gross!!!!

My old boss did that. Could hear him in the office "clip clip clip" then act like nothing happened. Drove me nuts lol. Open the office door to get some paper workvor something and there he is "clip clip clip" then he'd look at u like u were intruding...blah
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Unbelievably cheap employers. I've worked at the same job for 2 years, I'm in a managerial position and have never had any disciplinary issues, and my hourly wage hasn't even gone up a whole dollar since the day I started. Needless to say I'm quitting very soon and going back to school, this was a temporary thing... But still. Absolutely ridiculous.

Dont ever work for a family dollar! I worked there 5 years ended in a assistant manager position and only made 3$ more then I did when I started as a even cashier in highschool! Blah!
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    People who use the word women when describing one woman and people who use the word woman when speaking of multiple women.
  • paomiamifl
    paomiamifl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Does she actually have spina bifida? :(
    Wow, she does sound like a narcissist! I was born with spina bifida, and have a myriad dietary/allergy issues! I sure would never WANT other people to have them, much less say I had them if I didn't!
  • marcywiseman
    marcywiseman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    that my bf can eat 240984 calories a day and not gain a pound, but if I even look at piece of cake, it finds its way to me somehow! :grumble:
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    My band-aid keeps wanting to fall off... and it's funny too. Say's Shark Bite.

What's the point of a funny band-aid if it wants to fall off?
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    People that email over and over demanding an explanation as to why they were deleted.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    People who curl in the squat rack.
  • meaganlael
    Options
    When I order water with my fast food combo, and I get a single sip sized cup of water instead of the big 12 oz cups they use for sodas.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    When people call me and they are doing something else that distracts them from the conversation. Why call? Whyyyyyyyyyy
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Almost everything about the way people mindlessly drive.

Having water in my hand when trying to pour shampoo

Too small amounts of liquid left in containers in the fridge (ie, kids left a droplet of OJ this morning)

Bad customer service (like you are interrupting them and bothering them when asking them to do their job)

Mindless political lemmings who haven't formulated an opinion beyond what their favorite media outlets and personalities spin.

Rain on a tennis court

Getting older. Yes, it does suck on certain levels.

etc.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Whistling, especially when someone is whistling behind me...creeps me out!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    When people call me and they are doing something else that distracts them from the conversation. Why call? Whyyyyyyyyyy

+1 me too!
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    People who cut you off in traffic then look straight ahead when you pull up next to them so they want see you cursing them out for not saying sorry
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I had an English professor tell me that the correct use of the word is "Enunciate," not "Pronounce."

Oops I forgot to quote the guy from earlier... talking about pronouncing the word AXE instead of ASK. Nevermind.