How Do You Feel About AVOCADOS?

Options
1235»

Replies

• RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Avacodos are scrummy
    mashed plain over toast with bacon bits (i tried it once and it was so good) real bacON may be better and better than the fake bacony bits crap LOL
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I love avocados! I think they're a good, healthy substitute for fat. Oftentimes on sandwiches I will sub avo for mayo, or I'll make a dressing or pesto using avo instead of oil. Try it!
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    They are AMAZING, and named after testicles :P
    I will google this you know and cannot tell my husband or else he will have weird feelings as he doesn't care for them already as it is HAHAHA
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Have you met my baby? I named him Avocado......

avocado_zps4a8638be.jpg
  • beautifuldisasta
    beautifuldisasta Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yummy!! Love avocados!! But its only something I like eating since becoming an adult, wouldn't touch them as a kid lol
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I know all their benefits. I know how amazing and versatile they are. I know how great they are for you.
    I still hate them.
    I don't like the texture or the taste. I have tried them so many different ways trying to force them into my diet, but I can't seem to find a way to hide them in anything and it still be palatable for me... :(
    If you can eat them - more power to you!
    What she said.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I've only ever had them in guacamole, which we're eating more of lately.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Have you met my baby? I named him Avocado......

avocado_zps4a8638be.jpg

Love this...makes me smile every time I see it.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Totally love avacado. At first i used to only eat it in guacamole, but now I've started adding it to smoothies, on sandwiches, and mixed in with pasta and veggies.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Love them! :-) They are the dark chocolate of green foods.
  • WxMstr
    WxMstr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Avocados are one of the best foods on the planet for you to eat. People say they contain alot of fat, BUT the fat it does have is really good! polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat both have had numerous studies done to show that it lowers your BAD LDL cholesterol and maintains good HDL values. Overall it is definitely a great food to have daily.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I love Avocados when I starting eating them my hair got a lot better from the healthy fat I need. So now my hair is not falling out. I get mine at Costco Hass Avocados.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I feel like I love them, maybe I should marry one.
  • OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Blech. I can't stand Avocados. I don't get why everyone likes them. :P Ah well.
  • Targetx130
    Targetx130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I try to get half of one in daily. I put it in with anything: salads, sandwiches, egg whites, fish... I really like avocado and think the calorie hit is worth it
  • Om nom so good for your skin :) I love them. I'd sooner eat 200 cals of avocado than 200 cals of chocolate :)
  • Turning_Hopes_to_Habits
    Options
    I like them, and try to have some at least once per week. I think of them as a healthy fat, which means good for you but have to monitor intake because they are so caloric. Necessary, and enjoyable, but not something you gorge on.

As for them going brown, you can make them last longer first by leaving the pit in when you put it back in the fridge, and rubbing something acidic on the exposed flesh. I like lime, but vinegar or lemon would work as well.
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    Yummy!! Love avocados!! But its only something I like eating since becoming an adult, wouldn't touch them as a kid lol
    This, I actually never heard of them as a young kid…but i loved my veggies so I would have ate them and liked them then too..hmm…we had a backyard that was a full veggie garden with strawberries, rhubarb, gooseberries, wild grapes, apple, pear, peach and a walnut tree..all in a nice city neighborhood that turned ghetto meh…Miss it since we don't live there and babcia stopped gardening years ago always sad…anyways avocados rock. That picture IS awesome tho:)
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i actually eat more avocados on my "diet" than off. they make a perfect addition to salad to add creaminess with minimal dressing, and make it more filling. i usually buy a four pack every couple weeks. but you cant sit and eat a whole one anymore unless you have the calories for it.. a quarter or a half is usually enough.

they are a healthy fat and also full of all kinds of other goodness. and since the body needs fat you cant go wrong unless you eat too much and go over calories.
  • mermaidart
    mermaidart Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love them so much!! But they are a bit higher up on the calorie scale. I love eating a slice of whole wheat toast with 1/4 of an avocado mashed and spread with a teenie bit of salt, some pepper, and a sprinkle of chia seeds on top. so yum.