Options

Replies

• PrincessGhee
    Options
    You look amazing.!!!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow, because of your committment to health not only have you inspired an avalache of positive change for your family and loved ones but also for a bunch of strangers and hopefully some of your friends on mfp. Thanks for making me believe that I can do this.

You look positively radiant! WTG! And Happy Anniv.:flowerforyou:
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Wow, you both look amazing. Congratulations.

Best of luck in the next phase of your journey. It sounds like you have some great things on your horizon.
  • goldlife21
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!!!!!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    WTG! Grats on the success and thanks for sharing!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congratulations!!!!!
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Wow, everyone, thanks!

To share a little of what I've done -

I worked out around 4-5 days a week. For those workouts what I love to do is play racquetball with my husband. Sometimes if we can't I'll do cardio machines, mainly the elliptical and the recumbent bike (20 mins on each). I have fibromyalgia (and a bad knee from a dislocation), so I also try to swim occasionally, as that's really good for all my issues. Even though the pool is indoor I just haven't been able to bring myself to do this lately because of the cold. lol. My typical goal is 40-45 minutes (or more) of cardio 4-5 days a week.

In tandem, I try to open each workout with a good 15-20 minutes going from weight machine to weight machine doing a little of everything. As far as weights go though, I'm mainly focusing on my arms. My legs are pretty solid. The cardio has pretty much gotten them back to how I remember them being when I was a dancer. So they're less of a weight-lifting priority. I do shoulders, bis, tris, and the ab crunch machine.

Occasionally I'll take a class or something like that. I've done a spin/core class, some hip-hop, etc. I never really dedicate to one.

As far as my food goes I eat my three main meals a day Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Breakfast is usually egg beaters with instant grits or toast (I tend to make veggie omelets with goat cheese), vitatops or waffles. I usually cut it off at around 350 as a max. Lunch is typically frozen. And, while I wish it wasn't, this is pretty much the most practical thing for me. I'll occasionally hit up a local salad bar and use some low-cal low sodium dressing that I love (from Bass Pro of all places) or eat some form of leftovers. Right now me and the hubs are still nursing some of his birthday splurge food (hence the pizza), so you'll have to forgive me for that.

For dinner I usually cook something out of my low-cal cook books - Fix it and Enjoy it, Hungry Girl, the $7 a meal healthy cookbook, cook this not that, a diabetic cookbook I have or cooking light. If I'm pressed for time we'll make Jennie-O turkey burgers. We have a lot of steamed veggies by green giant we eat as well.

I eat snacks in the morning, afternoon and occasionally in the evening.

My morning snack is typically fruit or yogurt. Afternoon is pretty much whatever we have. Fruit, veg, granola bars, 100 cal snack packs. I love these things called Disney Garden Foodles. They're a pre-done pack of apples, grapes and cheese. Yum. I also like Planters NUTrition. I'll try to have something like the NUTrition or have a peanut butter sandwich before the gym to keep me going.

I'm currently looking into protein shakes and bars to fill in some nutrition gaps. The moral of that story, I guess is that it's always a work in progress. Even now, my diet could improve and I'm sure my workout regime as well. As long as you keep working at that improvement and keep your goals in mind you'll make it. Sometimes progress is fast, sometimes slow, but its ALL progress.
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    WOW! AAAAAmazing job!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    great job! and thanks for sharing your "secrets" :smile:
  • svgaedtke
    svgaedtke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look awesome.. Congrats to the hubby as well. GREAT WORK!
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good job! Thanks for sharing!

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • bullmastifflover
    bullmastifflover Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    wow, you are such an inspiration ...thank you so much for sharing
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Thank you, jennylynn!!!
    I'm a newbie here with a ways to go to goal and it's very inspiring to see what you accomplished in a year! and your husband too, of course!

A year looks like a long ways away when you're starting out but it's always a fascination when it's gone how fast it flew by.

Cheers to your new you! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Amazing work!!!
  • mmdawe
    mmdawe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing! Your pictures are definitely motivation for me.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! and good luck with the maintenance. You and the hubby look great.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Inspirational, you both look fantastic!
  • hendricks1309
    Options
    You look Great!!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Looking wonderful! Remember how you got here and keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!