Almond vs soy milk

Options
1235»

Replies

• MissNHL
    MissNHL Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I prefer almond milk over soy. I use almond milk with my protein shake supplement. And since regular chocolate milk is so expensive now, I switched over to dark chocolate almond milk.
  • happybecause
    happybecause Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find that soy milk contributes to my migraines. My neurologist recommended almond milk or coconut/almond milk blend, rather than soy. So that's what I'm doing. I've learned that I prefer the almond milk. I use unsweeted original, not vanilla. I like Almond Breeze better than Silk, but I generally buy whichever is on sale. I get a lot of coupons through the register, too.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of the Almond milk better.:smile:
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I see a lot of people using almond milk. What is the big advantage to either of them. I myself have soy milk in my home at any given time. I never have tried almond milk, is there a nutritional difference? Please let me know if there is, I use light soy milk with my smoothies and wanted to get the best nutritional advantage when I drink them.....

I didn't read the other replies, but I will. Kudos to you for asking the nutritional difference question...honestly I didn't care (until I read this, lol).

I started with soy and it was just the most horrible thing I'd ever tasted in my entire life (apart from unbrined paddlefish). Almond milk though....oh yum.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I just like almond milk better, it tastes better to me. But I like hemp milk better than both soy and almond milk. I don't drink any of it straight, I use it in cereal, coffee or smoothies.
    They make hemp milk?!?!? :frown:
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Was inspired to try coconut milk. Made a thai chicken soup. Delicious. Only 1,557 calories per bowl. I'll be eating raw green beans rest of the day.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Was inspired to try coconut milk. Made a thai chicken soup. Delicious. Only 1,557 calories per bowl. I'll be eating raw green beans rest of the day.

The stuff that comes in a can is much higher calorie than the "coconut milk beverage" type drinks that come in a carton. So Delicious and Almond Breeze make some that are between 50-60 calories per cup. I usually use those in Thai foods, with a little xanthan gum to add some of the "creaminess" back in.