I almost beat someone over a banana at Kroger yesterday!

Options
Sal has had the stomach virus for the past 3 days, so after work yesterday I dressed Lilliana and we went to Kroger to get him some crackers, gatorade and to grab some groceries (They have their white seedless grapes for .97 per lb right now BTW).

It was getting close to dinner time so Lilliana started to get hungry. We walked by the bananas and she loves bananas so she asked if she could have one. I felt really bad that she was hungry, so I grabbed one bunch of bananas. When I grabbed the bunch, Lilliana said "Mamma, at one" which means she wants one. This lady next to me looks at me like I just stuck a box of cookies in my purse and says "You can not do that, you know you have to pay for the bananas by the weight?". I looked at her and said "Yes, I realize this, and I will tell the lady at the register that my daughter ate a banana from the bunch, and I will pay for it".

Dude, I realize that bananas are charged by weight and I wasn't trying to scam Kroger, but I knew Lilliana was hungry and I 100% planned on letting the cashier know that I had fed her one banana and she needed to charge me somehow for it. I really didn't feel like walking up to the register and paying for the bunch of bananas on their own and then going back to continue shopping. The other option would have been to tell Lilliana no and make her wait until dinner to eat, but I knew she was hungry and I didn't think one freakin' banana was a big *kitten* deal. So technically she was right, but seriously fluck off woman.

Anyways, when I said that I would pay for it she says "Yeah, but they have to weigh the bananas and that is how they charge you" in this panic of a voice. Well, I got pissy, it's like lady mind your own damnn business, i'm not trying to be sneaky about stealing a flippin' banana, *kitten*. I said "Seriously, how about you worry about the groceries in your cart and I will worry about the banana my daughter is eating and how I will pay for it." I walked away.

Lilliana ate the banana, I put the peel back in the bag with the bunch of bananas and we moved on with our shopping.

When I got to the cash register, the psycho banana lady happened to be behind me (was she trying to see if I was really going to pay for the banana or not so she could call 911 on grand theft charges if I happened to not mention to the cashier that my daughter ate a banana from the bunch?). I said to the cashier "My daughter ate a banana from this bunch, please be sure to charge me for the banana". The cashier who happened to have the manager next to her getting cash or something said "Oh, don't worry about it, it's just a banana" and the manager looked at Lilliana and said "did you eat all of your banana? Was it good?" and then looked at me and said "The bananas are what .59 a pound? Please don't worry about the 10 cents".

I sure as hell did look behind me and gave the psycho banana lady a smile and walked off.

B!tch, i'll b!tch slap you with a banana.

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Sal has had the stomach virus for the past 3 days, so after work yesterday I dressed Lilliana and we went to Kroger to get him some crackers, gatorade and to grab some groceries (They have their white seedless grapes for .97 per lb right now BTW).

It was getting close to dinner time so Lilliana started to get hungry. We walked by the bananas and she loves bananas so she asked if she could have one. I felt really bad that she was hungry, so I grabbed one bunch of bananas. When I grabbed the bunch, Lilliana said "Mamma, at one" which means she wants one. This lady next to me looks at me like I just stuck a box of cookies in my purse and says "You can not do that, you know you have to pay for the bananas by the weight?". I looked at her and said "Yes, I realize this, and I will tell the lady at the register that my daughter ate a banana from the bunch, and I will pay for it".

Dude, I realize that bananas are charged by weight and I wasn't trying to scam Kroger, but I knew Lilliana was hungry and I 100% planned on letting the cashier know that I had fed her one banana and she needed to charge me somehow for it. I really didn't feel like walking up to the register and paying for the bunch of bananas on their own and then going back to continue shopping. The other option would have been to tell Lilliana no and make her wait until dinner to eat, but I knew she was hungry and I didn't think one freakin' banana was a big *kitten* deal. So technically she was right, but seriously fluck off woman.

Anyways, when I said that I would pay for it she says "Yeah, but they have to weigh the bananas and that is how they charge you" in this panic of a voice. Well, I got pissy, it's like lady mind your own damnn business, i'm not trying to be sneaky about stealing a flippin' banana, *kitten*. I said "Seriously, how about you worry about the groceries in your cart and I will worry about the banana my daughter is eating and how I will pay for it." I walked away.

Lilliana ate the banana, I put the peel back in the bag with the bunch of bananas and we moved on with our shopping.

When I got to the cash register, the psycho banana lady happened to be behind me (was she trying to see if I was really going to pay for the banana or not so she could call 911 on grand theft charges if I happened to not mention to the cashier that my daughter ate a banana from the bunch?). I said to the cashier "My daughter ate a banana from this bunch, please be sure to charge me for the banana". The cashier who happened to have the manager next to her getting cash or something said "Oh, don't worry about it, it's just a banana" and the manager looked at Lilliana and said "did you eat all of your banana? Was it good?" and then looked at me and said "The bananas are what .59 a pound? Please don't worry about the 10 cents".

I sure as hell did look behind me and gave the psycho banana lady a smile and walked off.

• mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

good job, I hate nosy people!
    Grocery day is a very dangerous day.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This made my day!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sounds like something I'd do, especially your last lines!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Good for you for being a great mommy, and good for the store for seeing the more bigger picture. And to that lady....well.....:angry:
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    :laugh: love it!
  • shivers
    shivers Posts: 53
    Options
    That's hilarious!!! :laugh: That just brightened my day!! Good for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh I loved that!:smile:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

we have done that so many times..... i have even had an old lady comment when i opened a pack of cookies to give one to my son... you cant do that.... haha watch me!!!! im still paying for the box geeze lol
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Lol, that's great! I am so glad she was behind you to hear the manager say it wasn't a big deal. Lol, this made my morning!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Some people are just plain crazy:noway:
    I honestly wouldn't have told them about the banana:tongue:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    I was unaware that there was a banana police-force... I'll have to be careful the next time I'm doing my grocery shopping!

Congrats on restraining yourself and not letting Nosey Nancy make you lose your cool! :flowerforyou:
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Some people have no other work than poking their nose around! Good going! she'll think again before poking anyone, next time.
  • Vanessa82
    Options
    I'm right there with you!!!

Nosy people!!

Good for you!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    This reminds of an episode of Roseanne where she eats a bunch of grapes and the cashier tell her she has to pay for them. So she says "Well, I know how much I weighed before I ate them, so how about I get on the scale and find out how much I weigh now"..hahaha... Why can't people just mind their own business? I mean seriously?! Doesn't she eat a grape or two to test them. ARGH!
  • amethystx
    Options
    lol-045.gif
    I love starting off the day with a good laugh. Great story.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    hahahah Im so happy that story ended the way it did......stupid people not minding their own BEES WAX, clearly that lady does not have children of her own....she's also a serious BEE with and ITCH!!!!! haha

and all I can think of now is Gwen Stefanie's song "This *kitten* is BANANAS B-A-N-A-N-A-S...." hahaha Have a good one:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    "Abner, Lina just gave her daughter a banana!!!" :noway:

bewitchedhouse07-2.jpg
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I mean had I stuck a can of scrubbing bubbles in my purse, okay say something to me and have 911 on speed dial ready to go, but a frikkin' banana? a banana for my hungry cute sweet darling child and you want to get an attitude with me and act like you are a loss prevention officer for the banana section? Get a bleepin' life woman.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I mean had I stuck a can of scrubbing bubbles in my purse, okay say something to me and have 911 on speed dial ready to go, but a frikkin' banana? a banana for my hungry cute sweet darling child and you want to get an attitude with me and act like you are a loss prevention officer for the banana section? Get a bleepin' life woman.

:laugh: So, you're obviously still upset/annoyed with this..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: