Boobs after a large weight loss?

Options

Replies

• MJ_Watson
    MJ_Watson Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I actually just went and got a couple of new bras today because I was swimming in the ones I got a few months ago. :sad:

Overall, I've lost 72lbs and have gone from a 40DDD to a 36D. So they've gotten quite a bit smaller. Appearance wise... It's not great. They're not complete pancakes but they're definitely not as full as they were. So far, my breasts are the only place I've seen loose skin. It's not SUPER noticeable unless you, like, look down the top of my bra and see that the excess skin it kind of wrinkling in there (ick!), but luckily, that's something only I'm really gonna do. Without a bra, it just makes them not so perky.

Ultimately, I like my new boob size, though. Less back problems, bras are easier to find, tops fit better... Plus, I just think they look better on my figure. :)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    breasts are mostly fat tissue… what do you expect?
  • HeatherCrazyCat
    HeatherCrazyCat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's reassuring to hear from other women on here!
    I have gone from 15st 4lbs to 9st 2lbs and while my saggy skin makes me sad, it's the saggy boobs that get me really upset.
    Back in my slim youth I was always a 34C, at my heaviest I was spilling out of a 38DD. Now I am a 34B but most of the cup is filled with saggy loose skin rather than breast tissue, and even with a push-up bra everything sits wrongly in the cleavage area.
    I have always been against surgery for vanity reasons, but for the first time in my life I'm considering it. I'm not bothered about being bigger again on top - I just don't want my boobs to be down around my belly button!
    Would the cost and the scars of uplift surgery be worth it?
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 15st 4lbs to 9st 2lbs and while my saggy skin makes me sad, it's the saggy boobs that get me really upset.
    Back in my slim youth I was always a 34C, at my heaviest I was spilling out of a 38DD. Now I am a 34B but most of the cup is filled with saggy loose skin rather than breast tissue, and even with a push-up bra everything sits wrongly in the cleavage area.
    I have always been against surgery for vanity reasons, but for the first time in my life I'm considering it. I'm not bothered about being bigger again on top - I just don't want my boobs to be down around my belly button!

I had a co-worker who got tummy tuck and breast lift and her results were phenomenal. She said it was like having fake boobs made out of real boobs. Scars, but they fade. I did not ask her about sensitivity but as far as looks it was absolutely a good investment for her.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager, before gaining weight I usually wore a 36DD.

After three pregnancies and 120ish pound loss, it's sad.

I wear a 34D from Victoria Secret.
    Yay for vanity sizing and padding.

I lost a lot of breast tissue with this last pregnancy/breastfeeding.
    Even the gynecologist noted it.

I'm super self conscience about it.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I also believe age has something to do with it. Having been a yo-yo dieter all my life I gained and lost weight in my boobs repeatedly from a 34-nearly-A up to a 38-C, back and forth. It was the first place to go when I'd lose. After 2 kids and breastfeeding I was resigned to having smallish slightly saggy ones.

Then I hit pre-menopause (mid 40's) the ladies grew almost overnight. Hormones, I suppose, just like when I was pregnant. Even though I've now lost weight everywhere else, the boobs remain about the same.

Ladies - be happy to have boobs of any kind! and make sure to get those mammograms!! <3
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Funny this has been resurrected now. I literally have just had a moment of really liking how my boobs are looking these last few days!

I've lost 47lbs so far (with a bit of recomp over the last month or so while I was taking a diet break) and happily the girls are looking pretty good! I'm someone with actual boobs rather than fat though. My cup size has only gone down in proportion to band size (38E to close to 34DD/E). I hope this continues!

I do have the benefit of no kids, no nursing, no extreme yoyos in weight (I just crept up to my highest weight over a number of years with a larger increases last year to immediately start losing that gain). So I think that makes a difference in pingbackability. Same goes for lose skin in general, not something that so far is an issue for me.
  • Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 246 and I was wearing a 38 DD but tbh I was probably a 40DD or 38DDD. I'm down almost 80 pounds and my girls didn't budge at first - but then all of a sudden they did. First to a 36DD, then to a 34DD, and now that's feeling gappy in the cups. So I'm guessing I'm a 34D. It is WEIRD but it's a good thing.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do about it. Que será, será!

I went from 235 to 133 currently. They're like deflated balls. I used to be a 42 DD and now I'm a 34 A. I cannot wear a strapless bra and there's no fill even to the expensive push-up bras. Only surgery can restore them to their former glory. I'm okay with it; it's worth it to be this healthy and to have changed my life for the good. I look forward to my day under the knife (I will be getting a lift and probably implants also cause the tissues not there anymore) at the same time of a tummy tuck. (I had twins almost 10 years ago) . I do not like large breasts though. I definitely enjoy them being smaller. I'd get a small B as a choice with any implants.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

I don't know but I'm in the same situation. Lost 42lbs and went from a 38C to 34B (but I only fill out half the cup with my saggy lil girls). I wear padded bras now just so I look like I have some shape.... I've been lifting weights for a year now, and for me...it isn't helping my plight. Nothing will fix this sag without implants to fill them back out. I'm seriously considering surgery at some point.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Went from 215 to 160 and from 36E/F to 34C

I liked D TBH but you gets what you gets

Still quite perky, skin is getting better, there was a slight wrinkling when I lifted my arm for a while but seems to be receding over time (if I was younger this may have been less of a problem, but I lost it at 47 and am 49 now). Can still get decent cleavage with the right lingerie

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Gone from a 38GG/H to a 32G after losing over 70 pounds. (13 from goal now) There is some loose skin but they are not down to my knees or anything. I'll be getting a lift once i've maintained at goal for a year if the skin doesn't tighten up nicely enough. Mostly because i dream of not needing an underwire with my bathing suit.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    I also believe age has something to do with it. Having been a yo-yo dieter all my life I gained and lost weight in my boobs repeatedly from a 34-nearly-A up to a 38-C, back and forth. It was the first place to go when I'd lose. After 2 kids and breastfeeding I was resigned to having smallish slightly saggy ones.

Then I hit pre-menopause (mid 40's) the ladies grew almost overnight. Hormones, I suppose, just like when I was pregnant. Even though I've now lost weight everywhere else, the boobs remain about the same.

Ladies - be happy to have boobs of any kind! and make sure to get those mammograms!! <3

This is true...

The difference between big boobs and small is fat - I have very small and all the equipment is the same as big, they made very abundant milk for the babies, and the GYN is always sending me for extra mammograms because of "dense tissue" which she says is really just because they are small and so there isn't as much fat in between everything, the milk making part is denser and harder to read on the xray.

After menopause, fat % increases in general, and torso fat in particular. So belly and boobs. The boobs tend to get bigger because they hold more fat after menopause. The milk-making parts actually shrink back, but again, they aren't a big part of breast volume anyway.

So in weight loss, yeah it's just "you can't choose where your body holds fat". If they tended to be big when you were skinny, ever, then good chance that your body will hang on to that fat until the end, that's where it likes to store fat.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Ah, it's genetics.
    In my 20s, when I was 120 ish lbs, I was a 34A or 32B.
    As soon as I got pregnant at 31, I jumped to a 34C
    Breastfeeding and having more fat (weighing 155-160 lbs) I was a 34D or 34DD.
    Now, I'm 37, lost 20 lbs to get to 140ish, and probably am a 34C. Boobs were literally the first thing to change as I lost weight. I'm still swimming around in my 34Ds though, cause I don't want to spend money on 34Cs and then drop to a 34B again if I lose more weight (which I want to do). Those things are expensive!
    I have always been a firm believer in a little padding goes a long way, though.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I went from 34DD to a 32A :( I guess it's the sacrifice for everything else looking good. At least they're perky not droopy!!
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    I went from 34DD to a 32A :( I guess it's the sacrifice for everything else looking good. At least they're perky not droopy!!

girl i know the pain, though I've always been at 38B for most of my life, losing 43 pounds made me go down to a 32A as well. :'( now I don't have much boob left either, hahaha.
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Do a self assessment. Are they boob-boobs or fat-boobs? There is a difference (yes, I'm sure I'll be instantly disqualified for having a real opinion since I'm male) and it seems that those who have boob-boobs retain proportional sizes when they reach a desirable weight, whereas those who only had a large chest due to excessive fat revert to what they would have had at a smaller size. Yes, all boobs are just fat with some other important tissue, but not everyone normally fills out their fat there, just like some people get guts and others get butts.

Assuming you aren't morbidly obese and your breasts aren't the result of just excessive fat, I doubt you will be left with sagging pancakes, but your results will vary as to what you are left with in the end. Daydream and Jessa are perfect examples of opposite ends of the spectrum.

This.....so much this.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I was small when I was young and thin, around 120, a B cup if memory serves. Then I ballooned to 245 and got up to a 48G. Now I'm at 165; my bust has dropped 10 inches, but my bra cups are only starting to feel a bit loose. I'd be thrilled to get back to a B cup. I never liked the huge bazooms.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I've lost 111 lbs and I don't think an ounce left that area. Fortunately I'm not big busted anyway. The only thing I've had to reduce is my band size.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your genetics. All of the women in my family are large breasted. Even when I was a skinny mini at 150lbs, I was still a 38D. A few years ago I lost 50 pounds and my cup size didn't change. You can't control where your weight comes off. That would be awesome.