How to lose weight without losing boobs!!!

Options
Hello
Okay I know that boobs are made of fat tissue and everything, and that with weight loss comes boob loss. However I was wondering if there was any way of lessening boob loss, e.g. with chest exercises etc.

Because you see some girls/fitness models who are skinny and toned but they've got B/C boobs

Thanks!! :)

Replies

• MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    But I want mine to be smaller - LOL! But that's me.

I think it's different for each person and genetics.

I know curls and upper chest exercises do help.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The best advice i can give is to work out the pectoral muscles by lifting weights. The fat will still go away, but strengthening the muscles will make them look better
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    They either have large mammary glands, implants, or genetically hit the lotto. Chest exercises can add a small amount of volume but only if you are in a cal surpluses and building new muscle tissue.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Fake ones don't shrink.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    They either have large mammary glands, implants, or genetically hit the lotto. Chest exercises can add a small amount of volume but only if you are in a cal surpluses and building new muscle tissue.

^This

You're pretty much fighting against genetics. You will or you won't lose em. I went from a 38 c to a 34 b. I wouldn't worry about something you have little to no control over
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    You CANNOT dictate how to lose fat from the body (with the exception of lipo).

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Okay I know that boobs are made of fat tissue and everything, and that with weight loss comes boob loss. However I was wondering if there was any way of lessening boob loss, e.g. with chest exercises etc.

Because you see some girls/fitness models who are skinny and toned but they've got B/C boobs

Thanks!! :)

Breast size is due to genetics and you can't spot reduce or stop an area from losing fat.

Lose weight and look into breast augmentation if it is that much of a concern.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Any dietary advice that give you the impression you can target diet specific areas are lies.
    You can however, as mentioned above, exercise both chest, upper back and tummy to improve posture. The classic boobs out, shoulders back and tummy in-posture will not only make your boobs look better, you will also look taller, unless you overwork it, then it just looks silly. Don't heighten shoulders too though.

I'm only 160 cm (5"3) and people are often surprised to hear I'm so small.

This is what happened to MY body. It might not happen to other people. When I was skinny I had B-cup. As I put on weight my boobs grew to D-cup. For 2 weeks I've been doing the 5:2 and I lost 6 cm in my waist, but kept the chest width. Admittedly the boobs do look slightly more sunken now. And I started light exercise on back and chest muscles, but mostly I think I'm loosing visceral fat in tummy.

Anyone else on 5:2 having the same body composition changes?
  • TiffieLand
    Options
    You can't but seriously it wouldn't be proportional if you don't lose the chest area as well. You're skinnier so is your chest size, it is the small proportion as well you are bigger. So in a way, it should be the same.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You either get them, or you don't, its all in genetics.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    They either have large mammary glands, implants, or genetically hit the lotto.
    Also-- Put on a push-up bra with cutlet inserts and you too can look a cup size larger. Add Photoshop and voila-- any body shape you want.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy if they don't sag and I don't have to tuck them in with my shirt........
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    As others said, you lose them or you don't -- it's all luck. But smaller boobs can look bigger on a skinny body than bigger boobs on a fat body.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

^This

You're pretty much fighting against genetics. You will or you won't lose em. I went from a 38 c to a 34 b. I wouldn't worry about something you have little to no control over

DDDDDDDDZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMN girl your transformation is ridiculous!!!!! You give me life!!!!!! :noway:

ETA: bombshellphoenix
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy if they don't sag and I don't have to tuck them in with my shirt........

WHAT!!! :laugh:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I was told (by gym people) to stay off a certain weight machine because using it would make my boobs push way out. I let most of those fitness buff comments go in one ear and out the other, but since I'm so desperate to make my boobs smaller, I stayed off that machine, lol. Maybe you could ask at the gym which machines will push your chest out. :)

All the weight I've lost and sizes I've gone down (including the inches around in my bra) - I've lost only one cup size. And I WANT them to get smaller.

A good bra will go a long way toward making the girls more (or less) prominent, but...

Boobs - you get what you get. Women with little boobs want more, women with big boobs want less, but none of us have any control, short of surgery.

Surgery, by the way, is how many models and actresses get the look they have. Lifts, tucks, implants...and starving themselves. Dave Barry said the #1 Cause of Death for models was falling through sewer grates. It's funny to joke about, but what they do to themselves and the lives they lead to look like that - not so funny. That's not how you want to live.
  • muggzie399
    muggzie399 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Losing boobs also. It is really not that important as is when you chose to lose weight. Be happy with the body you are achieving. I lost 28 ponds so far. People have told me how great I look and they can tell. Not much boobs vs. thin again.
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you look at "real" fit women who have not had implants, the vast majority are small chested & it adds to their athletic look. Just keep in mind that you will look athletic =0)
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What do I do if I want to lose my "boobs"? hahaha
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Surgery, by the way, is how many models and actresses get the look they have. Lifts, tucks, implants...and starving themselves. Dave Barry said the #1 Cause of Death for models was falling through sewer grates. It's funny to joke about, but what they do to themselves and the lives they lead to look like that - not so funny. That's not how you want to live.

Also most of what you see in magazines has been photo shopped!