You can eat whatever you want :)

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's a campaign of mine and shouldn't detriment the validity of the posts!

So sugar is bad? Or can you eat whatever you want?

Now you've confused me.

The post is centered on modification.

If you have a campaign to tell Americans that they eat too much sugar are you suggesting Stevia or moderation?
    I really don't understand what you are trying to bring to the forum - is it a IIFYM message or eat cauliflower pizza or what?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's a campaign of mine and shouldn't detriment the validity of the posts!

So sugar is bad? Or can you eat whatever you want?

Now you've confused me.

The post is centered on modification.

If you have a campaign to tell Americans that they eat too much sugar are you suggesting Stevia or moderation?
    I really don't understand what you are trying to bring to the forum - is it a IIFYM message or eat cauliflower pizza or what?

It's restrictive dieting in disguise.

If you are eating things in moderation, modification is going to come into play because moderation means you can't eat everything all the time. Trying to focus solely on "modification" is just being restrictive...so the OP's title and message are contradictory.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as well. What I want changed.

been maintaining for about 13 years now. I still eat pizza.... (which seems to be the benchmark for "eating whatever you want"). Most of the time it's on whole wheat. Sometimes it's on cauliflower. Both are good. And yes, both are pizza. It depends on the day.

Both have full fat cheese, fwiw.

Congrats on finding what's working for you.

Cauliflower crust? I am intrigued. Do I just google the recipe?
    or search here. There's a ton of recipes.
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for the more natural version of something and eat less. That works for me. I don't like eating volume bc it can so easily translate into eating a lot of something bad as well. However, that being said everyone has to do what works for them. Thank you for sharing your ideas and trying to help those people who are struggling. :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am confused.

Are you saying eat whatever as long as you stay within your calories?

Are you saying eat whatever as long as you stay within your macros?

Are you saying eat whatever you want - but don't - use a lower cal alternative?
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as well. What I want changed.

been maintaining for about 13 years now. I still eat pizza.... (which seems to be the benchmark for "eating whatever you want"). Most of the time it's on whole wheat. Sometimes it's on cauliflower. Both are good. And yes, both are pizza. It depends on the day.

Both have full fat cheese, fwiw.

Congrats on finding what's working for you.

Cauliflower crust? I am intrigued. Do I just google the recipe?
    use the search feature here...cauliflower everything will come up.

Thanks, still getting used to the site
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    When did Snickers become "real chocolate"?

It's a HFCS bomb with chocolate flavouring....

I just meant that it's not really something that can be substituted with a pudding pack, at least not for me anyways. It would be like substituting mayo with broccoli.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's a preference to motivate those struggling with dieting. My statements are positive and others-focused and I wish for a healthy country.
    No, your statements are not others-focused. They're about you, what you want, what you do and what you think other people should do.

If you want to actually help others, go learn how to do that and get a job doing it. Learn about the other person and then give them specific, personally-targeted advice.

Posting your pizza recipe and encouraging people to not worry about sodium until they have a medical problem isn't really the boost to humanity you might've thought it was.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I just eat food and make it fit. My feelings about diet versions of foods - low fat, low cal, fat free, etc - echo the sentiment earlier about sadness and dirty socks. I'd rather go slightly over my calories and enjoy my meal than have a disappointing alternative just because it fits.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I tend to go for the more natural version of something and eat less. That works for me. I don't like eating volume bc it can so easily translate into eating a lot of something bad as well. However, that being said everyone has to do what works for them. Thank you for sharing your ideas and trying to help those people who are struggling. :)

*nods*

Volume eating is also not a great thing when you are dealing with disordered type eating in the area of overeating/binging and trying to teach yourself portion control and such.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Hey have you met http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/tiberiusclaudis ?

I gotta say...when I think of all the people that you two would save.......

...it makes me grow a big rubbery one. *nods* true story
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    When did Snickers become "real chocolate"?

It's a HFCS bomb with chocolate flavouring....

I just meant that it's not really something that can be substituted with a pudding pack, at least not for me anyways. It would be like substituting mayo with broccoli.

^^ this ^^

and FWIW snickers IS REAL CHOCOLATE> LOL don't knock my snickers! :grumble:
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I just eat food and make it fit. My feelings about diet versions of foods - low fat, low cal, fat free, etc - echo the sentiment earlier about sadness and dirty socks. I'd rather go slightly over my calories and enjoy my meal than have a disappointing alternative just because it fits.

very well said
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    jwoww-gag-gif.gif

I feel this gif is more appropriate for the cauliflower crust pizza. :sick:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    jwoww-gag-gif.gif

I feel this gif is more appropriate for the cauliflower crust pizza. :sick:
    To each her own, yes?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    OP, that's not really eating whatever you want. Not saying those recipes or alternatives don't taste good, but it's not the same.

For those actually interested in IIFYM, here are a couple links to read. And no, it's not about "just" eating pop tarts, ice cream and pizza as I'm sure someone has or will just throw out thinking putting out an extreme example is going to prove it's wrong or something.

Also including a favorite quote:
    "Once our nutrient needs are met, we don’t get extra credit for eating more nutritious food!' - Eric Helms

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1380837-article-on-iifym-great-read
    Macro AND micro, of course.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    OP, that's not really eating whatever you want. Not saying those recipes or alternatives don't taste good, but it's not the same.

For those actually interested in IIFYM, here are a couple links to read. And no, it's not about "just" eating pop tarts, ice cream and pizza as I'm sure someone has or will just throw out thinking putting out an extreme example is going to prove it's wrong or something.

"Once our nutrient needs are met, we don’t get extra credit for eating more nutritious food!' - Eric Helms

Not sure why you pointed that out. If you'd read even the first thread, you'd have noted the following:
    What IIFYM is not:

1) It is not eating cake and chips all day.
    2) It is not disregarding micronutrients and fiber and general intelligence with regards to food choice.

• sino19
    sino19 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I learned early on that this is not a good idea for me in a lot of cases. Like chocolate. I bought some of those pudding snack packs thinking it would be a low calorie way to fulfill my chocolate craving. 500 calories later I still went to the store and bought a Snickers.

Life is too short for fake chocolate.

If I want pizza I still have the real deal, I just buy it by the slice instead of getting an entire pie.

:laugh: :flowerforyou: this is me a lot of times. I want crips, I eat carrots ("because my brain wants the crunch"), couple of hundred cals later, crisps
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Not sure why you pointed that out. If you'd read even the first thread, you'd have noted the following:
    What IIFYM is not:

2) It is not disregarding micronutrients and fiber and general intelligence with regards to food choice.

Because it's called if it fits your macros. Not if it fits your macros and micros. And because NUMEROUS times here, someone has said "what else is there" than macros.... umm micros....
    I said it because I see folks following iifym that have no plants (other than tomato sauce and french fries) whatsoever in their log day after day...
    So, I said it.
    Because, well, micros too.

And yes, low carb is IIFYM.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

What IIFYM is not:

Because it's called if it fits your macros. Not if it fits your macros and micros. And because NUMEROUS times here, someone has said "what else is there" than macros.... umm micros....
    I said it because I see folks following iifym that have no plants (other than tomato sauce and french fries) whatsoever in their log day after day...
    So, I said it.
    Because, well, micros too.

And yes, low carb is IIFYM.

If you are actually following IIFYM, many times you can easily hit micros to where it's not a big deal/issue. Maybe that's what they mean?

Either way, the point of the links is to clarify what IIFYM is and isn't...pointing out minor things about the name just seems like arguing just to argue against it.