What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I can fit into my old jeans I hadn't worn in years!
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I paced myself at a 5 on it...I think I was trying to go too fast in the past...try that and see if it helps!
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me smile :smile:

My latest NSV was yesterday when I realised I feel so much smaller when I put my hands at the top of my hips! The fat at the back (love handles) has almost disappeared and that must be why my jeans are fallin g off me although my measurements seem to be the same (I don't measure there!)
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Best of all though, I finally feel confident enough to not wear "cover up" clothes. Long-ish shirts to hide my lower tummy. Loose fitting shirts. Tank tops with a button up top over it that covers my stomach. Light jackets even when the weather didn't call for it. All to cover up my body, my stomach -the body I felt so uncomfortable in. So many warm San Francisco days spent in more layers than I wanted to. Not anymore. Now I go out in a simple top, and the feeling of freedom, to feel the air on my skin, to feel like a ::part:: of the world, is something I just can't put into words.

I've never been more than about 25 pounds overweight so I have never had this experience ... but this brought tears to my eyes. You MUST be feeling so incredibly good having this newfound freedom. I don't know you at all but I'm so happy for you - I want to cheer and dance! :flowerforyou:

Edit to fix spelling
  • jaylynporternxg
    Options
    I am not huffing and puffing through my mouth while I take walks. I am able to go longer because I do not assume I am dehydrated because of dry mouth.
  • frisco111
    frisco111 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So inspiring NSV's here.

As for me - I have realised today that I do not own a single item of clothing, which isn't too big on me. i've spend half a day going through my wardrobe and boxes in the garage, pulling things out and trying them on just to conclude that there is nothing there which would have a nice fit on me. Bitter sweet - I wont be getting this iPhone 6 I wanted as I need entire wardrobe of new clothes !
  • nixdieting
    nixdieting Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've just been out and replaced my whole collection of underwear. I have always been a UK size 14-16 and am delighted that I've had to change it all to my new size - UK 10's, yay!
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I finally, FINALLY got my bike in the shop this Friday. Thunder is getting a tune up and maybe a new derailer. I know for some it seems late in the season to start riding, but I winter ride if it's not snowing to hard in the valley.

I had to take two buses and Trax to get it there, but the day was beautiful, so there ya go.

SO excited...
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! What a transformation...congrats! Can't wait to say the same!
    Went to buy a new skirt for a date, and tried on some other stuff for the heck of it - and every single item I brought in the fitting room was a small. Its still kind of surreal to me - I used to be 262 lbs, size 24 pants, 42DD bra, XXL or sometimes XXXL shirt.

Now I'm in a small? I mean not everything small fits, you know how clothes run different. Some smalls I can't fit. But at least half of the stuff I take into fitting rooms these days are a small. If it looks like it runs really small I'll get a medium.

Best of all though, I finally feel confident enough to not wear "cover up" clothes. Long-ish shirts to hide my lower tummy. Loose fitting shirts. Tank tops with a button up top over it that covers my stomach. Light jackets even when the weather didn't call for it. All to cover up my body, my stomach -the body I felt so uncomfortable in. So many warm San Francisco days spent in more layers than I wanted to. Not anymore. Now I go out in a simple top, and the feeling of freedom, to feel the air on my skin, to feel like a ::part:: of the world, is something I just can't put into words.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    I now have definition in the back of my thighs right under my bottom and noticed my booty is getting rounder! :-D
  • BigSpoonSA
    BigSpoonSA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I bought shirts and pants from Target, not a Big 'n' Tall store for the first time since 9th grade.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I beat my old PR (personal record) in a half marathon yesterday by FIVE minutes! That's a lot! From 2:02 to 1:57, roughly a 9 minute mile. Granted the course was all downhill so that helped quite a bit. But hey I'll take it. :drinker:
  • scarletrayne19
    scarletrayne19 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Today I had a mock interview to prepare for pharmacy school interviews later this month. Went to put on the skirt suit I bought last spring and it is waaaaaaaaaaay too big! I have to go get it tailored to get it to fit! Not like I had wiggle room; I could not wear it out of the house it was so big on me. YAAAAAAAAAY! for my waistline. BOOOOOOO! for my wallet LOL
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options

I've never been more than about 25 pounds overweight so I have never had this experience ... but this brought tears to my eyes. You MUST be feeling so incredibly good having this newfound freedom. I don't know you at all but I'm so happy for you - I want to cheer and dance! :flowerforyou:

Edit to fix spelling

Thank you :) Today was a gorgeous warm day here in SF, and I spent the whole day in a tank top - it felt great :)
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    A friend from uni wrote to me on Facebook tonight to say that she could see that I have lost weight and she really envies my hourglass figure! I don't think she could ever know what an amazing compliment that is :heart:
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Just realised my rings are a little loose... even though i lost very little ... :flowerforyou:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I went clothes shopping today. I fit into a 22 pant! I was a 28 in April. Also, I bought 3x tops vs 5x :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!