How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• FaithfulJewel
    FaithfulJewel Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Black... far easier to get one of those at work than white-hardly-any-milk-oh-sorry-that's-too-much

If it is too strong for me (I can be a wimp) I have a teaspoon of milk that I drink first, then the coffee. Makes it less bitter without detracting from the black-coffee taste :D
  • pzacher68
    pzacher68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee, HOT, BLACK, and BITTER! Army coffee is the best! If you can stand a spoon up in the cup, GOOOOOD! If it dissolves the spoon? PERFECT!!!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I used to use two creams and three big spoons of sugar (or two Truvia packets when I could get them). But I gave up cream cold turkey and am down to 1.5 teaspoons of sugar for the biggest cup I can brew with my Keurig ( I think 14oz). My husband gives me *kitten*, and says there is no way a can even taste that small amount of sugar, but it is just enough for me. But given the chance I will take a cappucino at a nice cafe or restaurant
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Black. I added milk 'til my late 20s and stopped just because I'd have coffee at meetings where milk wasn't an option, quickly learned I preferred it black. I don't think of coffee as a sweet drink and have never liked it with sugar or any other sweetener.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Black, with a teaspoon of cocoa powder, coconut oil, and butter. Definitely not for the purists, lol.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Just started a modified BPC, so .5 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of heavy or light whipping cream and blended. Sometimes I'll add in Cinnamon, an extract or even butter...but I like the basic cream and oil (always blended). Gives me the coffee rush and kills my appetite until lunch time!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Intravenously.
    agreed
    mainlined preferably.
  • gmstarr1
    gmstarr1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    When I went low carb and gave up sugar, I gave up coffee until recently. Before my usual cup of coffee was half coffee, half french vanilla creamer, and two teaspoons of sugar. My mother (who drinks her coffee black) says I might as well be drinking chocolate milk.

Recently I discovered Torani sugar free syrups, and now I have my coffee back. Heavy whipping cream and Torani sugar free french vanilla. Tastes really close to the french vanilla creamer. Still a lot of calories, but no sugar...and I don't really care about the calories because I really didn't like eating breakfast.

I tried the bulletproof coffee...I didn't like coconut oil in my coffee. :)
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Cream only.
  • Ciler_mcj
    Ciler_mcj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee with only french vanilla creamer that's it .I tried black but nope no black for me :)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Intravenously.
    agreed
    mainlined preferably.
    +1
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    There is a local coffee roaster in my area so I will stock up every other week to ensure the freshest of roasts. I drink all kinds of roasts, some flavored ... like most of them. I use So Delicious Coconut creamer which has no artificial crap but does contain some sugar. Since the creamer does have sugar, I add monkfruit sweetener in my coffee instead of white sugar. I will always make a mug or two extra and refrigerate it so in the morning before I work out, I can drink a quick iced coffee which helps fuel my workout. Because I deal with aggravating body inflammation, the "warming from the inside out" that coffee gives me during my cardio is beneficial. The coffee also partially blocks those pain receptors so I can push through a workout.
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Green Mountain Breakfast Blend kcups and I take it with 3 Equals (or Sweet n Lows) and 3 French vanilla creamers (or 2 tablespoons of creamer). I drink 2 cups a day on weekdays.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Either black or with a scoop of protein powder. Depends on how I'm doing on my Macros for the week / if i know it'll be a tough protein day.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Through face portal only :drinker:
    Have been told stories about people using it "other ways" :huh: :noway:
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hazelnut k-cup with 3 stevia and an eighth cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I do half 2% milk and half water with a piece of cinnamon stick in it.. Boil it.. Then stir in a spoon of nescafe and 3 splendas... Sometimes half a scoop of vanilla protein powder instead of two of the splendas.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hot, black, and sweet.
  • carafes
    carafes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee but am working hard to curb calories. I have been mixing it up:
    flavored coffee, dab of real maple syrup & milk
    On my lifting days - after workout before work - I have a coffee smoothie - coffee, protein powder, ice, splash of milk...
  • mleinroth
    mleinroth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love lattes, and finally got my own machine, a Gaggia. Lattes every morning: 2 oz espresso and 1/4 milk (before the foam)