Replies

• CanadianMag
    CanadianMag Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    OMG!
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Ignore all this rubbish advice about thyroid etc.

Wow... just.... wow. A simple blood test that could rule out an underlying health problem is rubbish?

OP, you might be eating more calories than you think. Or you might have an underlying health issue. If it were me, I'd get the blood test just to make sure. It's not like you have to cut off a finger to find out.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Coffee - Grande White Chocolate Americano With Half and Half, 16 oz 120 calories

That looks low to me. I don't see it on the nutrition list but a grande white choc mocha with whole milk is 430.

That is actually pretty accurate, depending on how much half & half is used. An Americano is just espresso and hot water, no milk. I'm guessing the half & half was used more like a creamer.

I agree with others, definitely read the links on accurate logging!
    Ok, makes sense. I guess the 'white chocolate' would need to be a small pump or a sugar-free version, too.

I'm a former Starbucks employee, and so far as I am aware there is no sugar-free version of the White Mocha.

It shows as having 60 calories for 1 pump.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/starbucks-1-pump-white-mocha-syrup-63420384

3 Tbsp of half & half is 59 calories.

You're up to 119.

4oz of espresso - 4 shots worth, standard for a grande Americano - is 2 calorie.

That's 121 calories. (1 calorie off)

Now that's assuming that there was only one perfect pump of White Mocha, and precisely 3 Tbsp of Half & Half. Both of which are highly unlikely. While one beverage that is off is *not* a big deal, obviously if this type of underestimating is occurring frequently (pork chops anyone?) then it's going to add up FAST, and we all know that.

OP... telling people to not tell you to be patient isn't going to work, as you can tell. Also the "OMG!" response is also unwarranted. You posted asking for help as to what could be going on, and you're going to get some very blunt answers. I'm going with you're seriously underestimating your actual consumption. I seriously weigh out raw chicken, and then keep my portion to one side when I bake it. I'm making meatloaf tonight, and I will weigh all portions and make them in a muffin tin. I measure the 2% milk I put in my espresso every morning. I add my own recipes and will literally serve the whole family by my portions, and then measure the remainder so I get an accurate measure as to the number of servings. I'm also down 10 pounds in the past month, because I don't screw around with my food logging. I know I'm guilty of giving myself a "serving" that is more like 2 or 3, and that is why I'm so diligent. I even slice and weigh my apples, lunch meat, brick cheese... everything.

ETA: I was off by 2 shots of espresso on the Americano. :wink:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    if he is going to be that negative you just need to break up
  • CanadianMag
    Options
    Prizepeople - the OMG reply was because this guy is going from thread to thread posting the exact same thing. It was also noticed by several other people.

Also, to clarify. I know my body. I know its unusual to not see a change, which is why i said PATIENCE IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO HEAR. Because I know I am doing something wrong. The feedback on what I am doing wrong is what I needed. I picked up on a few things I thougth I was doing right, and it became apparent to me I am doing it wrong.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I wonder why health care is so expensive. I wonder.

LOL yes, people having their TSH levels tested is driving health care costs through the roof... you've nailed it!!!

:laugh:
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Also, to clarify. I know my body. I know its unusual to not see a change, which is why i said PATIENCE IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO HEAR. Because I know I am doing something wrong. The feedback on what I am doing wrong is what I needed. I picked up on a few things I thougth I was doing right, and it became apparent to me I am doing it wrong.

I'm glad you got some great advice, but just one more word to the wise... In my late 30's my metabolism started a deep nosedive off a cliff. The things that used to work for me just didn't work the same, and I had to accept the fact that I would have to settle for very slow weight loss and small victories going forward. Everyone's different, so hopefully with the corrections you can get on the track you want to be on, but just wanted to throw that in there.

I didn't technically tell you to be patient, right? :laugh: Regardless, best of luck to you and hang in there!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Prizepeople - the OMG reply was because this guy is going from thread to thread posting the exact same thing. It was also noticed by several other people.

Well, if you know your body, then you should know what you're doing wrong. It can't be that you actually do need to have some patience, because that's just absurd!!! It's been 3 weeks already!! You should have dropped like 20 lbs by now!!

So, please, tell us, what are you doing wrong and what kind of advice do you want us to give you to make everything all better?
  • CanadianMag
    Options
    I have my feed back. I know what i may be doing wrong if you've read you'd see that. I know now what I thought I was doing right was incorrect. That's the point of this forum, right? To assist one another? If I knew everything about everything I would be here asking for feedback would I?