I'm fat...

Replies

• Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Thank you for sharing all your thought....I so can identify with them. Welcome to MFP! Great group of peeps here.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    You do deserve a pat on the back. You are making the right step towards a healthier you and part of that is letting go of the past and moving toward a future. You are doing great! Keep up the good work.

And, I will never give up pizza or chocolate. I just have learned to plan for it by scaling down my other meals/snacks on that day and making sure I get some good cardio in to earn some extra calories. I just know that it isn't going to happen every day which makes it taste even better when I do have a piece!
  • GoingSlightlyMad
    GoingSlightlyMad Posts: 190 Member
    You're not fat... You have fat, and you're going to get rid of it! Congratulations for your progress and good luck :bigsmile:
  • Congrats on your first 30 pounds lost. You are right, we didn't get this way overnight so we aren't going to be "thin" again overnight. I've just started my journey so you give me hope that I can do this!

:happy:
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Congrats on becoming addicted to a new lifestyle change! That's why you started a post b/c you are finding other things to fill with your time other than eating! Continue picking up that lap top instead of that pizza! Great job!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Oh boy do I understand what you're feeling!

I lost about 56 pounds a few years ago and then just stopped exercising and logging and...well, I let go and promptly gained back about 30 pounds. Then last year my life just catapulted into this abyss after such major family turmoil and I gained back the rest of what I lost plus three pounds.

I've been wanting to lose weight again forever, but now I more than just want to. I have to. I'm not even 50 yet and my knees hurt like hell and sometimes climbing the stairs is painful. That's just not right.

So I'm back at it and I could use a friend like you. Let's support one another on this journey.
  • C5North
    C5North Posts: 50 Member
    Congrats on your first 30 pounds lost. You are right, we didn't get this way overnight so we aren't going to be "thin" again overnight. I've just started my journey so you give me hope that I can do this!

:happy:

You CAN do it. We all can.
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Hello,
    I so relate to your post an and really wish you all the best!
    Feel free to add me..
    Catrina

DITTO!

We can do this :smile:
  • jmpags
    jmpags Posts: 13 Member
    Welcome to the site :) You should take some pride in the weight you've lost, and in the fact that you're making lifestyle changes. Your weight was only your starting point - and there is nothing you can do about decisions you made in the past, except made good ones going forward (and not beat yourself up!)

I'm around, so feel free to send me a friend request if you need support or motivation!
  • Wow! I so needed to read your post....simply awesome. I'm telling myself the same thing...NOT A DIET, it's a lifestyle. I totally understand what you are saying too. I've been all the way up to almost 300 and down to half of that. Did that about three times in my life so far. But I'm tired of the ride. Everytime I pass a number, I breathe a sigh of relief knowing I'll never see that again! So two children and one divorce later and I am still fighting. So, if I can do this so can you. Cheers to your journey!!
  • Anyone who sees me can tell that in a microsecond. Yep, I'm way,way fat. But, I'm changing.

I had no doubt I was on the fast track to an early death. 365 massive pounds at my highest. I'm not sure how I let this happen to myself. Work, stress, life. Excuse upon excuse. I had them all. I'll start losing weight tomorrow. One more cheeseburger won't make a difference... one more slice of cake. I could have made better choices than the 2-3 pizzas a week I used to eat while on the road for the old job. But I didn't. I could have exercised in all sorts of different way. But I didn't. I don't blame Domino's for making me fat. It is 100% my fault and my lack of discipline.

I've gone from bench pressing 400 lbs. and squatting over 500 pounds to barely being able to climb one flight of stairs. Disgusting. I've fallen a long way. The good thing is you can always get back up.

Well, that time is OVER. I'll be on the path for the rest of my life. This I know. I will stumble but I will not regress. If I do I'll die. I know this.

So, I've started changing my habits. Eating not just better but healthy, check. Exercise, check. Logging my calorie intake, check. It aint easy but it is getting better. I feel better.

365 lbs. on a journey to 190 lbs. This is going to take awhile. I'm down 30 lbs. in about 2 months so I am sitting at 335 lbs. now but I don't want a pat on the back. I don't deserve it.

I was asked how my diet was going the other day and the person looked puzzled when I told them I am not on a diet. This is simply a LONG overdue lifestyle change. It is hard but I am liking it. I feel so much better being down just 30 lbs. I KNOW I'll feel great when I am down 50, 75, 100... But it is a long way to go. I know what I am doing is working but not having seen the scale more for the last 2 weeks is frustrating. I'm not focused on that though because as I sit here typing this I am wearing a shirt that 2 months ago was so tight I could barely get it on. I've gone from bursting out of size 50 pants to actually being able to wear size 46 pants in public. Happy to be back in size 46 pants, my God. How sad is that?

Why did I write this? I'm not sure. I guess to remind myself that when the scale stalls and things are tough and I am craving that pizza. DON'T GIVE UP. Stay on the path. It took me 10 years to get this way, if I can get it off in 2 years I'll be happy.

Also, if I can do it anyone can do it.

Just started today too!!! I will look forward to seeing and hearing about your success. Keep positive and something greater will come! Here's to you friend :)
  • ashteinpeacock
    ashteinpeacock Posts: 56 Member
    You're not fat... You have fat, and you're going to get rid of it! Congratulations for your progress and good luck :bigsmile:

Very well put!
  • ashteinpeacock
    ashteinpeacock Posts: 56 Member
    Wow, I needed to read this! Very inspiring. Everything you said was dead on... and instead of saying it is the "ugly truth", i'd like to say it is the "beautiful truth" because saving your own life is amazing! You keep that kind of attitude and you will make it! Congrats!
  • scintillaa
    scintillaa Posts: 7 Member
    Welcome to MFP!
  • There are TONS of great people on here!

If you'd like to have a friend who logs daily (even though I'm dying with a Virus *aka* I'm really sick and overly exhausted but I have 4 kids and I have to keep the house in order, lol) and my Food Diary is Public/Open, then feel free to add me.

And you're right, the journey does begin with one step and you started off on the right foot!
  • kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Meh lost every bit of respect I could have had at the "used to bench 400 lbs", you should start with being honest with yourself. Best of luck.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    OP: Good job of your new lifestyle so far.
    Sounds like you had the right kind of mental adjustment needed to stick with the program.

Sometimes things just click and the willpower is there to make a change.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Meh lost every bit of respect I could have had at the "used to bench 400 lbs", you should start with being honest with yourself. Best of luck.

Why do you not believe that the OP bench pressed 400lbs? Just because he can't at this current time? I'm now in the mildly obese range, but I used to be able to do a one arm lock-off on a three finger grip and lower and back up, and that's being honest.

OP welcome and very well done on starting your new life :-)
  • karnie1974
    karnie1974 Posts: 6 Member
    It is hard. Don't beat yourself up, we all know the feeling!! The main thing is you have taken steps to change which is the hardest part. We all have so much going on in our lives these days that we lose focus on ourselves and keeping fit and healthy. I wish you all the luck in the world with your life change and hope you achieve your goals.
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    what an inspiring post :happy: I'm fat, too, and I'm happy to meet you :smile: I can relate to so much of what you have written. look for my friend request as I'd love to support and encourage you along your journey...and maybe you could do the same for me :bigsmile: