The best pb&j sammich EVER!

Options

Replies

• shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I prefer anything but grape jelly (yuck) My fave pb&j is open face on toast with a tiny bit of butter to soften the bread. PB on both slices, then jelly on both slices. Eat one slice at a time. Seriously hits the spot...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Welch's concord grape is only the best jelly ever made and the only acceptable jelly for the perfect PB&J. Along with skippy pb (not the fancy natural stuff). You need PB on both slices of bread and jelly in the middle, to prevent leakage on the go!

See, she knows where it's at! :drinker:
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    PB & Co Smooth Operator & Smucker's Strawberry Jam.

Or if you want to get REALLY CRAZY use PB & Co White Chocolate Wonderful and some raspberry jam.

Edit: I'm not crazy about grape jelly, but the best grape jelly I got was at Whole Foods. I don't recall the brand name, but I think there was a panda on the the jar.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    screw the jelly, I want pickles instead!

24PEANUT-1351006192582-blog480-v2.jpg

My dad's weird combo is Peanut butter and Mayo.... :sick:

But now I want a peanut butter and lettuce sandwich.

I've heard of people eating that, but I can't wrap my brain around it, and not sure I want to waste my precious peanut butter trying that combo. Peanut butter and lettuce?! My mom made peanut butter hamburgers once. They were disgusting. I can still remember the taste.
  • carrie_lou
    Options
    I'd much rather do PB, banana & mayo myself on any old bread
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    this ^^^ your PB will get all warm and ghoohy on toasted bread
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    PB & Co Smooth Operator & Smucker's Strawberry Jam.

Or if you want to get REALLY CRAZY use PB & Co White Chocolate Wonderful and some raspberry jam.

Now you're making me want to do a 30 day pb&j challenge, trying different combos.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Rather skip the jelly and add bacon... can I make this substitution and still follow this recipe??

PB-bacon.jpg
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    screw the jelly, I want pickles instead!

24PEANUT-1351006192582-blog480-v2.jpg

My dad's weird combo is Peanut butter and Mayo.... :sick:

But now I want a peanut butter and lettuce sandwich.

I've heard of people eating that, but I can't wrap my brain around it, and not sure I want to waste my precious peanut butter trying that combo. Peanut butter and lettuce?! My mom made peanut butter hamburgers once. They were disgusting. I can still remember the taste.

Yeah no hamburger... but I do like the lettuce though... it has to be iceburg.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I will say, OP, I'm right there with you on the potato bread. Makes an awesome sammich!:drinker:

It's so soft and thick, and more protein than regular. I buy the whole wheat slider rolls, but my kids will only eat the original.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    What? No lightly toasting the bread to sanctify the sammy? That's sacrilege! :angry:

That's ok, too. Also grilled. *ahem* I think I need some alone time.

a47.jpg

This...so very much this. And I believe that's strawberry there...the best kind of j.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Rather skip the jelly and add bacon... can I make this substitution and still follow this recipe??

PB-bacon.jpg

I did say you could have all the bacon, so yes, I will allow it.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Here ya go, OP:

PBandTunaSandwich_zps40a17554.jpg

Peanut butter and tuna sandwich. Yum.
  • amsthegreat
    amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Substitute jelly for honey... then you have the best peanut butter sandwich. ;)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Here ya go, OP:

PBandTunaSandwich_zps40a17554.jpg

Peanut butter and tuna sandwich. Yum.

I can't. Even. Gross. Someone was either pregnant or stoned. :noway:

To erase that from my memory, I'll post a pb&j on Martin's potato bread. The internet is amazing!

PBJ_Homepage.png
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Substitute jelly for honey... then you have the best peanut butter sandwich. ;)

My elementary school used to sell those. Yeah, that's good. And so is Peanut Butter & Co.'s Bees Knees.
  • dj1skywalker
    Options
    Why, Oh Why is everyone straying from the original recipe?!?! Why is everyone hating on Grape jelly????
    Did you say if it must be Crunchy or Creamy?
    Who the heck is putting Pickles on it????

I MUST emphasize that is only a perfect PB&J sandwich when the PB has been smeared on the entire bread...no leaving corners uncovered!!!! Hate That!!!

May I have wine with mine?
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    You forgot the tablespoon of salt.

Pumpernickle, crunchy PB, black raspberry jam, with a pickle and string cheese on the side, and a glass of milk. Still my most favorite meal ever.
  • avoidtheclapp107
    avoidtheclapp107 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to put the Pb on, but make a little ridge around the edge of the bread so the jelly fits in and doesn't squeeze out!