The best pb&j sammich EVER!

Options

Replies

• pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a little unclear on how much salt to use.

At least a tablespoon, plus another tablespoon just to be on the safe side. :bigsmile:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    So simple! Here are the ingredients, and you can NOT stray from them or you just ruin it. No arguing, dammit!

2 slices of Martin's potato bread (whole wheat is acceptable)
    2 T Trader Joe's natural peanut butter (because perfect)
    2 T Welch's grape jelly

Put your two pieces of bread on your plate (separate them first), then using a knife you spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread, and the jelly on the other. Put the two together, and voila! Make sure the jelly is on the bottom slice. Don't ask questions. You can add a glass of cold milk, too. Or whatever you like, really. I'm easy like that. :wink: If you don't have Martin's available in your area, then I will shed a tear for you.

agreed.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    grape jelly.... for shame!!!!

you should only ever use raspberry

88SVNmh.gif

646341.png

...meanwhile, in Nope-ville USA
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    screw the jelly, I want pickles instead!

24PEANUT-1351006192582-blog480-v2.jpg

Dill pickles. The rest are just blech.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    66ypeq.jpgqpp175.jpg

For the visual learners. I like to make mine with more p than j.

now this is a proper pb sandwich.
  • robynsjourney
    Options
    Strawberry all the way!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I just had my first ever peanut butter burger at my wife's recommendation.

To hell with jelly.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    So simple! Here are the ingredients, and you can NOT stray from them or you just ruin it. No arguing, dammit!

2 slices of Martin's potato bread (whole wheat is acceptable)
    2 T Trader Joe's natural peanut butter (because perfect)
    2 T Welch's grape jelly

Put your two pieces of bread on your plate (separate them first), then using a knife you spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread, and the jelly on the other. Put the two together, and voila! Make sure the jelly is on the bottom slice. Don't ask questions. You can add a glass of cold milk, too. Or whatever you like, really. I'm easy like that. :wink: If you don't have Martin's available in your area, then I will shed a tear for you.

Amazing.

I made almost this exact recipe just yesterday!

The only difference I used Klosterman 12 grain bread, and instead of Trader Joe's I used a locally produced, ground in store, no salt or sugar added peanut butter. I did use welch's grape jelly though! But for variety I have a few jars of different jams/jellies made by the local Amish. Apple butter, strawberry, blueberry, and seedless red raspberry.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    That Martin's potato bread has that azodicarbonamide (ADA) yoga mat/flip-flop material in i that Subway came under fire for last year so badly that they revamped their recipe and launched a new commercial compaign that they are now ADA-free.
    However, all the other bread makers of this world slipped under the radar and continue to make it with that lovely ingredient. Martin's is one of them.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

To hell with jelly.

Must not have been the same recipe my mom used. *gags*
  • jasonmh630
    Options

To hell with jelly.

Surprisingly, PB is AMAZING on a burger... So is a fried egg on a burger. **tips my hat to you, sir**
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    That Martin's potato bread has that azodicarbonamide (ADA) yoga mat/flip-flop material in i that Subway came under fire for last year so badly that they revamped their recipe and launched a new commercial compaign that they are now ADA-free.
    However, all the other bread makers of this world slipped under the radar and continue to make it with that lovely ingredient. Martin's is one of them.

Why do you have to go and ruin a perfectly good thread? lol
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    You lost me at potato bread. What is this marvellous creation and is there anywhere I can get it in England?!

I feel I'm missing so much. This thread is clearly no place for a Brit. :cry:
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    You lost me at potato bread. What is this marvellous creation and is there anywhere I can get it in England?!

I feel I'm missing so much. This thread is clearly no place for a Brit. :cry:

I don't know about England, but potato bread is pretty darn common in the states. Sorry for your loss. :cry: :flowerforyou:
  • rocopoc
    rocopoc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Blackberry Jelly or Strawberry ONLY! EVER! LOL
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

So that's why I had that bounce in my step. I thought it was from all the weight I'd lost. :cry: I don't see it in the list of ingredients on my bag of potato rolls, so I'm good!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Oh noes! WE are all going to die now....
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

To hell with jelly.

Surprisingly, PB is AMAZING on a burger... So is a fried egg on a burger. **tips my hat to you, sir**

My son will put grape jelly on a burger, Spongebob style.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm........yoga mat.
    I want
    mmm+_0f33576cbd9173201cad0c220bd82a09.gif