The best pb&j sammich EVER!

Options

Replies

• aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Fresh made cashew butter from whole foods and amish strawberry butter on a toasted frozen waffle (all the little dips hold all the goodness in place when it melts).... !!!
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I use Ezekiel bread, put the PB on both sides and then the jelly in between -- makes a nice but sometimes messy sandwich.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Now I want this.

f06375cfbaad61a427b0153aef10b9e0.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I use Ezekiel bread, put the PB on both sides and then the jelly in between -- makes a nice but sometimes messy sandwich.

I used to buy Ezekiel bread, but then I remembered how good Martin's was. :bigsmile:
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else said this but to make a PB&J even better drizzle honey over the peanut butter. Mmmmm.
  • StephenNesbit
    StephenNesbit Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use Nature's Own 40 Calorie Wheat bread, Natural Jiff Peanut Butter, and Smuckers Strawberry Spread.

Mix equal parts of the jam and peanut butter in a cup until it's homogeneous. Spread that in a 1/4"-to-1/3"-thick layer on the bread.

Om-nom-nom to heart's content!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Just wanted to put this here. From this link. http://www.fda.gov/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/FoodAdditivesIngredients/ucm387497.htm
    Based on the science, FDA is not recommending that consumers change their diets because of exposure to ADA/SEM. FDA considers ADA a safe food additive when used for the purposes and at the levels specified in the FDA regulations.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Grilled peanut butter and honey for those so inclined to not follow the rules. :wink:

766baffbb2718b532e541c45a99a1fc4.jpg
  • Michifan
    Michifan Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Elvis was partial to butter skillet fried peanut butter and bananas. Add some chocolate on that and you are talking about a sensory firework - and a cardiac arrest.

Hell, if you want to die happy, take a graham cracker pie crust, put a layer of peanut butter, then a banana cream base, drizzle with chocolate and whipped cream. Serve warm (except the whipped cream) so that the consistency of the peanut butter doesn't conflict with the consistency of the banana cream. Of course you could also do a three layer where you go peanut butter, banana cream and chocolate cream. And for those of you that want a little bit more sweetness, a raspberry reduction on the plate...
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    don't forget the tablespoon of salt (to taste)

Yeah - is the tablespoon of salt supposed to go into the peanut butter, the jelly or just sprinkled on the bread????
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Elvis was partial to butter skillet fried peanut butter and bananas. Add some chocolate on that and you are talking about a sensory firework - and a cardiac arrest.

Hell, if you want to die happy, take a graham cracker pie crust, put a layer of peanut butter, then a banana cream base, drizzle with chocolate and whipped cream. Serve warm (except the whipped cream) so that the consistency of the peanut butter doesn't conflict with the consistency of the banana cream. Of course you could also do a three layer where you go peanut butter, banana cream and chocolate cream. And for those of you that want a little bit more sweetness, a raspberry reduction on the plate...

Where did you come from? Heaven?!
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a PB&J recipe for years. My mom used to make the best PB&J. Oh, how I have longed to taste them again!

You also have to smoosh it together. That's how you get the mom taste. You can feel the love in the smoosh.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's either Orange Marmalade and extra crunchy on oatnut

Or nothing!

YES!!!

Or, lemon marmalade! Have you ever had it? It's amazing!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Sorry it's either Orange Marmalade and extra crunchy on oatnut

Or nothing!

YES!!!

Or, lemon marmalade! Have you ever had it? It's amazing!!

Lemon and peanut butter? I need a taste testing.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Seriously, Strawberry or go home!

we can't be friends anymore.

RASPBERRY or BLACKBERRY are the only acceptable jellies for PB&J

Fine...I'll give you raspberry. :flowerforyou:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Can't I just use Goobers? It shaves like 23 seconds off the prep time!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    So simple! Here are the ingredients, and you can NOT stray from them or you just ruin it. No arguing, dammit!

2 slices of Martin's potato bread (whole wheat is acceptable)
    2 T Trader Joe's natural peanut butter (because perfect)
    2 T Welch's grape jelly

Put your two pieces of bread on your plate (separate them first), then using a knife you spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread, and the jelly on the other. Put the two together, and voila! Make sure the jelly is on the bottom slice. Don't ask questions. You can add a glass of cold milk, too. Or whatever you like, really. I'm easy like that. :wink: If you don't have Martin's available in your area, then I will shed a tear for you.

No trader joes in Canada, no martins bread, we do have grape jelly tho. Will have to be kraft low fat pb and squishy wonder bread.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Martin's potato bread may just be a gift from God straight into my mouth. I appreciate your gentle reminder of it's existence!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Ok four versions of the peanut butter thing:

Peanut butter and strawberry jelly....white bread

Peanut butter and honey.....white bread

Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.....white bread

and last but not least

Peanut butter and mayonnaise. ( Don't knock it til you've tried it. ).....white bread.

????????????
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

Grilled peanut butter and honey for those so inclined to not follow the rules. :wink:

766baffbb2718b532e541c45a99a1fc4.jpg

Add some sliced banana to that and I'm sold.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Welch's concord grape is only the best jelly ever made and the only acceptable jelly for the perfect PB&J. Along with skippy pb (not the fancy natural stuff). You need PB on both slices of bread and jelly in the middle, to prevent leakage on the go!

See, she knows where it's at! :drinker:

Why oh why is everyone forgetting one of the most important parts?!

The cut. It must be cut diagonally to offer the best access to inside the sandwich.

Oh. And Knott's strawberry jam all the way.