MAYO vs PB

Options

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    People that are allergic to peanut butter are actually allergic to the fungus that grows on it (true fact! =)

This is actually not a "true fact." This is, at best, a theory (with very little scientific backing).
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Either are fine within a calorie allowance, but never ever salad cream.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Ever since I had my gallbladder taken out, mayo does horrible things to me. :( But peanut butter doesn't. Peanut butter doesn't want to hurt or embarass me like mayo does.

Plus peanut butter and chocolate is the best combination on EARTH.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I saw two women wrestling in a tub of mayonnaise last weekend. PB would have been nasty.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    PB - YES
    Mayo - meh
    Miracle Whip!! - YESSS

Oh, you're one of....THEM.:noway:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    They both should be on the "throw away and never buy again" list. Peanut butter isn't good for you. People that are allergic to peanut butter are actually allergic to the fungus that grows on it (true fact! =) Almond butter has more amino acids, fight heart disease, and doesn't spike your blood sugar like peanut butter does. Check to see how much sugar is in your peanut butter. Not good.

Mayo is made from eggs, vinegar, and oil. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypQuZX5MVsI
    It doesn't have transfat and really isn't all that bad for you. If you stick to natural brands with real mayo then you should be fine, but if you can give it up and use some alternatives then that would be better

10 Healthy Substitutes to Mayo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/26/mayo-substitutes-mayonnaise_n_4847998.html

This so strange; my labels are all screwed up. Peanut Butter: 2 grams sugar, 8 grams protein. So this isn't good for me?!?

Mayo: No eggs, there is vinegar(ingredient #3), and expresser pressed soybean oil.

Almond Butter: nope none here.

What makes the food items good or bad again?
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    PB trivia:

Which Jif has more grams of sugar per serving?

Reduced fat or regular?
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    The same reason everyone talks about ice cream and chocolate here...

Because everyone is hungry, and hungry people crave carbs and sweet stuff because the absorb into your blood faster

PB = Lots of carbs

Mayo = None

:smile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Some like both together

peanut.jpg
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    PB trivia:

Reduced fat or regular?
    lowfat anything seems to always have more carbs and sugar than it's full-fat equivalent.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    PB trivia:

Reduced fat or regular?

Reduced fat. Duh. :tongue:
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    CMCD- - - that is just wrong. . . . .wrong. . . . .it is like a Steelers fan living with a Ravens fan. . . . .just NO.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    CMCD- - - that is just wrong. . . . .wrong. . . . .it is like a Steelers fan living with a Ravens fan. . . . .just NO.

Hey, I didn't make it! Someone brought it up in my PB&J thread, so I found a picture on the interwebs! So, no Steelers fans for me. Got it. :wink:
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    Would you take a Niners fan?!? Woo Hoo!!!!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Because I'm allergic to eggs, and sandwiches are depressing without mayo. So PB&J it is.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Would you take a Niners fan?!? Woo Hoo!!!!

I dunno! Can't say I've had one before. Mmmmmaybe!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Because I'm allergic to eggs, and sandwiches are depressing without mayo. So PB&J it is.

That is depressing. :cry: :brokenheart:
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Some like both together

peanut.jpg

That looks more like peanut butter and marshmallow fluff...mmmm....fluffernutter sandwiches.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The fact that I can eat PB out of the jar or by the spoonful....never was able to do that with mayo????
  • marthalgutierrez92
    Options
    LOGIC:

Mayo does no good.

Peanut butter on the other end... It's good for you,keeps you full, and it's natural!!