Will i reach my goal on time?

Options

Replies

• shexy16
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, fine, that's great. But I'll be blunt, you're going about it the wrong way. You think that something is magically going to change when you are able to fit into a certain size dress and you're totally wrong.

You need to work on yourself and not worry about some arbitrary dress size. A smaller dress size will not change the fact that your ex is engaged and soon to be a dad, that you feel you have had a crappy life, blah, blah, blah. NONE of that is going to change no matter what size you are or what number happens to come up on a scale on any given day.

You know why? Because what happens if you DON'T reach that goal? How is that going to make you feel? I would wager a bet that it will make you feel even worse.

So if you want to lose some weight, fantastic, but get your priorities in order because fitting into a dress on your birthday is a very poor reason because that dress is not the cure all to your misery.
    My weight is what causes my depression... I HATE myself.. i suffer with a lot of mental trauma because of my weight. people with small minds and hearts will not understand that.

I don't think what i am doing is stupid considering you make me sound that way. My priorities are in the right place thank you. I want to lose weight to feel good about myself, feeling disgusted and ashamed to go outside because of weight is not just something small. it effects me mentally not just physically. that is why i need to lose it.. I didn't come here to be treated like an immature kid. i came here for guidance, nice guidance at that.

Honey, I'm sorry youre feeling bad, and trust me when I say, I know more about mental trauma than I care to. No one is trying to make you feel bad. We are trying to get you to see that the best thing you can do is lose weight in a healthy way, and not hang your entire happiness on a dress. You should learn to love yourself at size 16 or 14, because youre still the same person regardless of your size. I like how you assume no one else understands mental trauma...I don't care to discuss my entire life on a public board, but yeah, I know a thing or two about pain.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, fine, that's great. But I'll be blunt, you're going about it the wrong way. You think that something is magically going to change when you are able to fit into a certain size dress and you're totally wrong.

You need to work on yourself and not worry about some arbitrary dress size. A smaller dress size will not change the fact that your ex is engaged and soon to be a dad, that you feel you have had a crappy life, blah, blah, blah. NONE of that is going to change no matter what size you are or what number happens to come up on a scale on any given day.

You know why? Because what happens if you DON'T reach that goal? How is that going to make you feel? I would wager a bet that it will make you feel even worse.

So if you want to lose some weight, fantastic, but get your priorities in order because fitting into a dress on your birthday is a very poor reason because that dress is not the cure all to your misery.
    My weight is what causes my depression... I HATE myself.. i suffer with a lot of mental trauma because of my weight. people with small minds and hearts will not understand that.

I don't think what i am doing is stupid considering you make it sound that way. My priorities are in the right place thank you. I want to lose weight to feel good about myself, feeling disgusted and ashamed to go outside because of weight is not just something small. it effects me mentally not just physically. that is why i need to lose it.. I didn't come here to be treated like an immature kid. i came here for guidance, nice guidance at that.

So i would say a size 12 dress is the perfect motivation.
    All i wanted and needed was to know the probability of how much weight i will have lost by 4th of nov if i start (dieting and exercising everyday (rowing machine, exercise bike, walking, dancing)

What I think you need is to talk to someone about your feelings, because it's not healthy. If you are depressed you need to seek help. Throwing yourself into daily exercise and dieting to attempt to correct self loathing isn't going to be the magical fix you're hoping it will be.

As Shexx said, there are many of us who know a lot about pain and suffering in our lives, if not all of us. We're offering advice, and questioning your reasoning because we have seen this a lot. It doesn't mean we have small minds and small hearts, but if you lash out at those offering up the truth you will not like it here I promise you that. So please, take a step back and realize that we are offering you truthful advice that we have been told ourselves and see handed out every single day to young girls who come in here seeking a quick fix for the wrong reasons.
  • tooty12345
    tooty12345 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to clear some things up, i never said no one will ever understand mental trauma, i know a lot of people on this website and who are not on this site do. However there are a majority of people who find it pathetic for one to be depressed over their weight and have it cause trauma for them. (Those types are the small minded and hearted)

Last but not least, i am not a young girl i am a young woman. (22 soon to be 24) =)
    I do appreciate the help,

I am upset that my bday is only 6 weeks away and not much can be done, if i had thought of doing this sooner, i would of had 2-3 months in the bag.

I am going to diet and exercise as much as i can anyway, and if i don't reach the goal by my bday, not even a little, i will least know i am making some kind of progress. Thanks for all the advice despite some being bit too blunt, but least i know not to expect amazing results in 6 weeks. Maybe by a stretch of hope i might just lose couple of inches to tightly slide it on who knows lol
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You're 22 soon to be 24? Is that a typo, or did you magically skip a year, or something?

Regardless, 24 is still extremely young and emotional. Stop trying to hitch your happiness to a clothing number, that's the easiest and fastest way to guarantee a crappy self esteem.

If you make the goal, great. But be prepared that you might not in time, and don't let that derail you from keeping going.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options

Absolutely best advice in this thread. I have never seen starry-eyed happiness result from conforming to a number. Re-examine your priorities and your attitude toward your body and your health. Buy clothes that fit and make you feel good.
  • tooty12345
    Options
    You're 22 soon to be 24? Is that a typo, or did you magically skip a year, or something?

Regardless, 24 is still extremely young and emotional. Stop trying to hitch your happiness to a clothing number, that's the easiest and fastest way to guarantee a crappy self esteem.

If you make the goal, great. But be prepared that you might not in time, and don't let that derail you from keeping going.

Clearly people have attitude problems here because i see sarcasm flying everywhere.

It is obviously a typo. This thread is done with. thank you
    (Request thread close)
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to clear some things up, i never said no one will ever understand mental trauma, i know a lot of people on this website and who are not on this site do. However there are a majority of people who find it pathetic for one to be depressed over their weight and have it cause trauma for them. (Those types are the small minded and hearted)

Last but not least, i am not a young girl i am a young woman. (22 soon to be 24) =)

I am upset that my bday is only 6 weeks away and not much can be done, if i had thought of doing this sooner, i would of had 2-3 months in the bag.

I am going to diet and exercise as much as i can anyway, and if i don't reach the goal by my bday, not even a little, i will least know i am making some kind of progress. Thanks for all the advice despite some being bit too blunt, but least i know not to expect amazing results in 6 weeks. Maybe by a stretch of hope i might just lose couple of inches to tightly slide it on who knows lol

Whatever will be will be. I think the more you stress over it the less likely it will happen. Just keep truckin along and do what you can. You may surprise yourself with what you are able to accomplish. You will still be super stoked when you do reach your goal. Try not to be ultra bummed if you don't quite reach it by your bday. BTW: Happy birthday!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Is it possible ?

Break it down by day

Assuming 165 pounds is correct for a size 12

Current weight 180

Total loss in 6 weeks 15 pounds x 3500 calories = 52,500 calories / 6 weeks = 8750 calories per week / 7 days

You will need to sustain a 1250 calorie deficit every day for the next 6 weeks to loose 15 pounds in that time frame.

Is it possible ? Yes. Can or should you do it ? Only you know that answer.
  • jdecossas
    Options
    Best of luck to you and I hope you reach your goal.:flowerforyou:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Clearly people have attitude problems here because i see sarcasm flying everywhere.

(Request thread close)

Is that even possible? There is sarcasm all over this website, not just this thread. OP, you've done quite your fair share of hair flipping, and dare I say more than there is sarcasm in this thread.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

(Request thread close)

Is that even possible? There is sarcasm all over this website, not just this thread. OP, you've done quite your fair share of hair flipping, and dare I say more than there is sarcasm in this thread.

Welcome to the forums. You will find this "attitude" in abundance here. You will just need to learn to thicken your skin and live with it.

While a clothing size could be a nice goal, it may not be a realistic one for the time frame. I'm not even sure for your body type either. It's a hard question to answer. Some people get to 160 and are still a size 14/16. I've gotten to 160 and was a size 8. If you decide to stick this out, invest in a food scale. Really opens your eyes to how much food you are actually eating. Eyeballing doesn't cut it here. Also, don't trust the MFP estimates for calories burns, they are way off.
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I know that reading the responses may have been difficult however by the looks of your latest response, you understand that the advice was given with your best interests at heart. Having a goal will help you maintain focus, if you make it, terrific...if you get close, terrific...if you don't try, not so good. Good luck with your new focus on things positive.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    For me, I dropped a pant/dress size with every 10th lb lost. Everyone is different. I've seen some people say they do with 5 lbs lost. Some who drop a pant size every 15 lbs. Etc. For me, it was every 10th. And I will say that from what I've seen, this is most common.

That would be 20 lbs. Or, 2.5 lbs per week if you want to fit in a 12 in two months. Which honestly? Is not realistic. Even 2 lbs lost per week is risky. And you don't have much to lose.

Realistically, an ideal goal for you would be to drop just one pant size by your birthday. Weight loss shouldn't be hasty. It shouldn't be about reaching the goal as quickly as possible. It should be about reaching the goal in the most healthiest way possible.

I've lost weight too quickly. I can tell you from experience, it is not easier. It is not fun. And you will not feel well (mentally or physically) at the end of it. And by the end, we all either a) gain the weight back or b) realize we have developed eating disorders. Neither is a good option.

I understand why you want to lose the weight so quickly, and I do think using your birthday is good motivation. Just set a realistic goal, and go from there. Good luck.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If an arbitrary label on a piece of clothing means that much to you, then shop around. Clothing size varies by style and manufacturer and you can probably find a size 12 somewhere that fits regardless of how much you lose...
  • frozentrace
    frozentrace Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Is it possible ?

Break it down by day

Assuming 165 pounds is correct for a size 12

Current weight 180

Total loss in 6 weeks 15 pounds x 3500 calories = 52,500 calories / 6 weeks = 8750 calories per week / 7 days

You will need to sustain a 1250 calorie deficit every day for the next 6 weeks to loose 15 pounds in that time frame.

Is it possible ? Yes. Can or should you do it ? Only you know that answer.

THIS!!! It took me more like 3 months to fit into a size 12 dress rather than a 14, but that's also because I wasn't strict with my diet. But it took me only 2 months to go from a 12 to a 10, once I got the hang of my exercise regime and 1200 calorie diet.

All the best! but like what everyone else here said, fitting into a size 12 isn't going to change the fact that your ex is gone and gonna be a dad.

LOOK FORWARD into the future and think about how much more healthier you will be as you lose the dress sizes :)
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Goals need to be SMART

S = specific
    M = mesurable
    A = acceptable
    R = realistic
    T = timed

Your goal is missing the 'R' 1lb/week or - if you want to do the math - 1%-2% of your current body weight per week is an realistic goal.

So a SMART goal for you would be:
    I want to be a dress size 12. I will achieve that goal by losing at least 1lb/week thru healthy eating, sticking to my calorie goal and exercising at least 5 days each week. I will assumeingly reach my goal within 4 months.

If you set a goal like this, you most likely won´t fail. That gives you success which gives you the motivation you need to keep going.

Good luck!
  • tooty12345
    edited July 2015
    Options

(Request thread close)

hair flipping? dude you clearly have no experience with women to know what real hair flipping is, however that is your own fault not mine. =)

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    tooty12345 wrote: »

(Request thread close)

hair flipping? dude you clearly have no experience with women to know what real hair flipping is, however that is your own fault not mine. =)

Did you just come back to a thread after ten months to post a retort to someone who made you mad last year?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    tooty12345 wrote: »

(Request thread close)

The poster you're replying to is a woman
This discussion has been closed.