Anyone want to share a diet that produces results :)

Options

Replies

• mgibbons22
    mgibbons22 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here is my routine that resulted in a 100 lb loss in eight months:

Breakfast 520 calories
    115 g Frosted Mini-wheats 400 cals
    One cup 2% milk 120 cals

Lunch 380 cals
    5 oz can of tuna 100 cals (frequently have leftover meat from last night's dinner, too)
    1.5 cups romaine lettuce 10 cals
    2 tbsp Italian dressing 30 cals
    Single serve Greek yogurt 130 cals
    1 tbsp Light Mayo 50 cals
    Fruit 60 cals
    Diced jalapeno peppers 0 cals

Snacks 280 cals
    4 tbsp Half 'n' Half (for coffee) 80 cals
    1.25 oz almonds 200 cals

Dinner 420 cals
    8 oz grilled pork/chicken/steak/fish (no sauce or garnish, just seasoning) 360 cals
    Half a container of frozen "steam in bag" vegetables 60 cals

Drinks 100 cals
    1.5 oz Jack Daniels or Kraken Black Spiced Rum 100 cals

Total Calories Consumed 1700

Walk 5 miles -800 cals

Calories burned above sedentary -200

Total Calories Burned -1000

Net Caloric Intake 700

Net Caloric Intake Goal 1400 (average is about 1250 - 1300)

Fill-ins to reach net caloric intake goal: increase portions, protein shake, protein bar, beer, nuts, fruit, yogurt, hummus

Things to note:
    * I prepare 98.5% of my own meals, so I have total control
    * No bread, noodles, potatoes, etc
    * No traditional snack foods like chips or cookies
    * The universe of food selections for me is EXTREMELY limited
    * Extreme consistency: my walks never vary (2 miles at lunch, 3 miles after dinner)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Any diet that has a calorie deficit will produce results. Set your goals on here, get a food scale, eat at/under your goal, and log everything accurately.
    bingo.

the "I eat less than my TDEE" diet.

^This.

Use MFP as intended. You know, set a realistic goal, log consistently, weigh your food, etc.

Also, if you're breastfeeding still, make sure you're eating enough calories to sustain your supply, otherwise, if you have too large of a deficit, your supply will tank. Not sure if you are breastfeeding, but since you stated you recently had a baby, I thought it would be beneficial to share with you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I cut my calories by over half and am having great results so far! Eating protein rich snacks and moving all the time!

How did you determine what half was? This formula won't be healthy weight loss for many people.

There's a sliding scale.....to help you lose fat and KEEP lean muscle.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • formerfatboy1
    formerfatboy1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit for sure. Eat every 3 hours to keep you full through out the day so you don't tend to binge when you're around food. Invest in a scale to weigh all your meals and continue to put in work in the gym daily and the weight will come off pretty quick.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    one that you will be able to stick with, for me that meant not giving up anything just cutting the quantity

29509743.png
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Hmm let's see...

Moderate calorie deficit, enough protein, lifting heavy, moderation, variation, and no unnecessary elimination. I try to have dessert every day.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Take a reality check. 1. What made you put on weight? 2. What action is needed? 3. Short term goals. 4. Long term goals. 5. What are the risks? 6. What are the benefits?
    I know this is like a SWAT analysis, but it works for me. Good luck! :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    That diet where you eat less and move more
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yup, don't diet.. you're welcome
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am new a ready to get healthy and happy :) I recently gained 35lbs after having a baby and would like to lose it :)

There's a great one I know. It's called: set up your information on this site, follow the recommendations, eat at a reasonable calorie deficit, eat foods you like in quantities that fit your nutrition goals, include some form of resistance training, and tweak things as you go.

I know it's a long name and a bit unorthodox, but it's totally worthwhile.

If you haven't found these guides yet, I always suggest starting with these links:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1296011-calorie-counting-101
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1365345-getting-started-a-marine-s-perspective

And then these if you want to take your logging to the next step:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1290491-how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale

This...This...This!!
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    One that you're not punishing yourself on! I eat what I want but do it wisely! Not fatty foods and in a calorie deficit. I'm where I want to be with my weight. Now I'm working on toning up!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    It's not really rocket science. Eat good foods in appropriate quantities and move your body. Get a food scale and weigh everything so you know you're eating the right amounts per the nutrition guidelines. Drink at least 64 oz a day of water...it'll happen for you!
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    What if I told you that you could lose weight while still eating anything you want, just in moderation? Yep, it's called a calorie deficit and you can eat anything you'd like, as long as you're under your calorie goal. And there's this great website/app called MyFitnessPal that allows you to count calories, set up your goals, and even has forums that have tons of threads with great information already stickied for you. Or if you're looking for something specific, there's a search button.

I'll just leave this here until you get started...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if the OP is getting all this. Bueller? Bueller?
  • celtic_thistle
    celtic_thistle Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    High fat, moderate protein, low carbs.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'll share my diet! I have definitely gotten results and am feeling and looking great after losing 12lbs in six weeks.

- On sedentary days I stick to 1200 calories a day (this works for me at the moment)
    - On active days I eat back my activity calories
    - I pre-log most of my food so I can budget my day and feel satisfied
    - I've chosen to eat smaller portions, or lighter versions of my favourites, rather than giving up whole food groups or eating with a label (ie "clean" eating)
    - In the six weeks, I have had 4-5 more indulgent days where there has been a celebration or social activity. At these times, I've been more relaxed but still made smart choices and increased my activity for balance. No guilt afterwards, I refuse.
  • amykuh
    amykuh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    xx
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    diannethegeek said:
    There's a great one I know. It's called: set up your information on this site, follow the recommendations, eat at a reasonable calorie deficit, eat foods you like in quantities that fit your nutrition goals, include some form of resistance training, and tweak things as you go.

I know it's a long name and a bit unorthodox, but it's totally worthwhile.

Oh fine, Dianne, BE reasonable and give suggestions that require THINKING. You believe anyone will actually pay attention?

[chirp chirp chirp]

See?
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    My take is that you want to live a healthy lifestyle. This is not a DIEt.

Set your weight loss and exercise goals and start eating - anything you want as long as it fits into your calories. Make sure to weigh and measure your food, accurately account for exercise calories burned (meaning use a HRM or about 1/2 what MFP says you burned (they are overly generous!)

Of course the caveat here is that you want to be healthy so the foods you choose should help reach that goal too! Personally I eat slightly high protein/fat and a bit lower carb (NOT low carb). It works for me.

Good luck!
  • briandahawaiian
    briandahawaiian Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Keto diet has been working for me!! High fat, moderate protein, and low carb! I started September 1st and have already dropped 12lbs! I hit a wall and for about 2 months couldn't seem to lose any weight, when i started keto the pounds started dropping!! I lift and do cardio at least 3x a week and eat in a deficit! It's worth a try! :) Goodluck my friend!!