The best pb&j sammich EVER!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    No, no, NO. Strawberry JAM, only. Ever. With the big chewy strawberry chunks. None of that grape JELLY nonsense. :sick:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I want to know on what type of bread for your PB&J?????

I use my own homemade 1/2 whole wheat, 1/2 white flour bread. Sliced thick and lightly toasted.

Homer-Simpson-Drooling-while-Sleeping.gif
  • Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's either Orange Marmalade and extra crunchy on oatnut

Or nothing!

Oh poop! I forgot to say creamy or crunchy! I knew I'd screw it up. Either, really. I was always a creamy girl, but I bought crunchy by accident once and it was good! But orange marmalade? Hmmmmm, maybe I'll go to my mom's and make one at her house and check that out.

yes....yesssss......

you were always a creamy girl....

oh soooo creamy
  • Milliepet
    Milliepet Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have adjusted my PB & J sans by using only 1 slice of bread. Quite a few calories saved & my hubby likes his that way also now :wink:
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    for me, grape is the one true jelly :D

...but chocolate is the perfect food!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    screw the jelly, I want pickles instead!

24PEANUT-1351006192582-blog480-v2.jpg

I've never had it on bread, I usually just spread the peanut butter on the pickle, like I do with my bananas. More fun to eat that way. *wiggles eyebrow*

I have been eating pb on pickles since childhood as well as pb on banana. Seems like the bread would ruin it.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I love mine on whole wheat with orange marmalade or apricot.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    25 years of testing has gone into finding these ingredients.
    True story :nods:

The strawberry preserves have recognizable chunks of strawberry, the peanut butter is sugary and full of fatty goodness better than JIF, and the bread, soft and buttery.

The perfect PB&J sandwich.

04500012505_220x220_a.jpg

1522knotts.jpg

0004800100643_500X500.jpg
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Strawberry preserves or apricot preserves for me only.

But good base recipe. :drinker:
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    That Martin's potato bread has that azodicarbonamide (ADA) yoga mat/flip-flop material in i that Subway came under fire for last year so badly that they revamped their recipe and launched a new commercial compaign that they are now ADA-free.
    However, all the other bread makers of this world slipped under the radar and continue to make it with that lovely ingredient. Martin's is one of them.

So that's why I had that bounce in my step. I thought it was from all the weight I'd lost. :cry: I don't see it in the list of ingredients on my bag of potato rolls, so I'm good!

MY BAD ! They DID, but I just found this article that states they removed it due to public pressure ! Yay ! Woop ! I love that bread ! Eat up, and forget I said anything !
    http://www.mediabistro.com/10000words/nudged-by-social-media-martins-breads-removes-controversial-yoga-mat-additive_b26578
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    apple butter for me with peanut butter and bread!
  • FoogooFish
    FoogooFish Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've only skimmed through, so pardon me if this has already been mentioned: muscadine jelly. I'm sure it can be bought somewhere, but my mom's homemade (canned) muscadine jelly is the best for PB&Js! =D
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's either Orange Marmalade and extra crunchy on oatnut

Or nothing!

Oh poop! I forgot to say creamy or crunchy! I knew I'd screw it up. Either, really. I was always a creamy girl, but I bought crunchy by accident once and it was good! But orange marmalade? Hmmmmm, maybe I'll go to my mom's and make one at her house and check that out.

yes....yesssss......

you were always a creamy girl....

oh soooo creamy

I :heart: you
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    That Martin's potato bread has that azodicarbonamide (ADA) yoga mat/flip-flop material in i that Subway came under fire for last year so badly that they revamped their recipe and launched a new commercial compaign that they are now ADA-free.
    However, all the other bread makers of this world slipped under the radar and continue to make it with that lovely ingredient. Martin's is one of them.

So that's why I had that bounce in my step. I thought it was from all the weight I'd lost. :cry: I don't see it in the list of ingredients on my bag of potato rolls, so I'm good!

MY BAD ! They DID, but I just found this article that states they removed it due to public pressure ! Yay ! Woop ! I love that bread ! Eat up, and forget I said anything !
    http://www.mediabistro.com/10000words/nudged-by-social-media-martins-breads-removes-controversial-yoga-mat-additive_b26578

Sweet! :bigsmile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Peanut butter and mayonnaise. ( Don't knock it til you've tried it. ).....white bread.

????????????

I went to the store last night and got some regular mayo. Now I just have to get up the guts to actually put the two together. I shall report back with my findings. :drinker:
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options

For the visual learners. I like to make mine with more p than j.

This looks simply delicious!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I finally got up the nerve to try peanut butter and mayo. I didn't make a whole sandwich, though. Honestly I couldn't even taste the mayo, but I wouldn't eat it again.